Metal Storm logo
Favorite Films

Original post

Posted by Stigmatized, 11.07.2006 - 22:12
Ok, we have a few movie threads here. But, they are all about movies that suck or confuse us. So, why not create a thread to praise movies that deserve it? Everyone has a favorite film right? Tell us about it and any other favorites you have and why.

My favorite film of all time is The Crow. Very well made, awesome atmosphere, great story and great acting. It really is a shame Brandon Lee's life was cut short during production.

So, how about you guys?
19.05.2008 - 15:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Hamird on 19.05.2008 at 11:15

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.05.2008 at 20:42

I have to add Iron Man to my list... It's amazing,. I loved it. Not teh typical superhero movie.

did you watch the movie?
i didn't get it yet because i think its something like robocop. i don't such a superhero...
oh, i like to see superhero movie... i liked that. i've seen the trailer and i laughed, so what if see the whole movie

I saw it twice.
Robocop, LOL, not even close. Remember that in Robocop he is basically rebuilt after a masacre, giving him this robot body; while Iron man builds a suit with abilities. Deffinitely a must see.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.05.2008 - 22:51
bloodlover
Account deleted
fav film..."the Wall"...this movie changed my way of looking at life
23.10.2008 - 14:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oracle on 09.07.2007 at 10:18

No worries. ask me if you want any other info about the Blue Lagoon movies

I get those 2 movies, justw atched werry fast in2 min for remebering it
Dont know when I was younger I liked those more, seems people chainging, you can tell about it after movies
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.10.2008 - 03:07
mortjoyeux
I love V for Vendetta and A Beautiful Mind.
24.10.2008 - 05:37
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Some of my favourite films are:
Matrix trilogy - Great story and concept, revolutionary special effects, and awesome action scenes.

Cinderella Man - The best movie of the year IMO. It got me glued to the screen from the beginning to the end. It's very well done, and it shows the dificulties of those times (not only for the main family, but also for the whole society) in a very direct way. The actors are all very good here.

Contact - My favourite movie of the genre. I think it's one of the few ones about life on universe that is actually credible and don't falls into a ridiculous way like most of them. It's very well written and approches the subject in a serious and respectful way, as it should be IMO.

Terminator - I guess all 3 terminator movies are great in their own way. Again, it's a great concept.
I'll post more when I remember.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
02.03.2009 - 17:27
Krankheit
Account deleted
Top 5

1. Garden State
Feelgood movie. Like the story basically, good acting. And of course Natalie Portman

2. Monthy Pyton and the Holy Grail
Classic! Funny through from star to end.

3. This Is England
Probarly the only movie about non nazi-skinheads. The movie is mostly based on the directors childhood life.

4. Goodbye Lenin
German movie about growing up in DDR and the life after the fall of the wall.

5. Come And See (Idi i smotri)
One of the greatest war movies ever made.
20.05.2009 - 13:38
Rattlehead.cz
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Ingmar Bergman
- Akira Kurosawa
- Luis Buňuel
- Francois Truffaut
- czech "New wave"
- czech comedies (e. g. "Jáchyme, hoď ho do stroje", "Marečku, podejte mi pero")
- Death in Venezia (L. Visconti)
- Forbidden games (R. Clément)
- Night at the opera (1935), Little shop of horror (1960)
...and many others
20.05.2009 - 20:59
TheOwl
Man, it is so difficult to decide.... however, here are a few of my all time favs:

LOTR trilogy (I think this is the peak of cinema as a form of art thus far!)
Braveheart
Thelma & Luise
The Birds
more or less anything from director Ken Russell
07.10.2009 - 19:29
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Check out my favorite, it took me a while to do this so I thought I'd share it:
Top 100
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
07.10.2009 - 22:51
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Haddonfield on 07.10.2009 at 19:29

Top 100

I haven't seen a lot from that list, but with the ones I have a I agree with you. Still, Casablanca would've been on my top 5 (hell, top 3!), Clockwork Orange wouldn't even be on the list, and I'd include the LOTR trilogy. Btw, Dumb & Dumber at #4!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.10.2009 - 22:54
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by tulkas on 07.10.2009 at 22:51

Written by Haddonfield on 07.10.2009 at 19:29

Top 100

I haven't seen a lot from that list, but with the ones I have a I agree with you. Still, Casablanca would've been on my top 5 (hell, top 3!), Clockwork Orange wouldn't even be on the list, and I'd include the LOTR trilogy. Btw, Dumb & Dumber at #4!

I love the Lord of the Rings but only included The Two Towers, the other two, I find, have many flaws. Clockwork Orange is just visually stunning. And yes Dumb and Dumber.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
07.10.2009 - 23:11
tulkas
el parcero
I don't really find many flaws on the LOTR I and III, and Two Towers is the one I like the least, though I still think it's great. And though Clockwork O. is visually good, I didn't like the story. When I watched it, I had that feeling at the end that I had lost my time.

I wouldn't even dare to make a Top 100, specially 'cause I don't think I've watched more than a 100 good movies. But, having to make, say, a Top 10, I would include Casablanca, The Lost Weekend, V for Vendetta, for the LOTR's I'd include The Return of the King, The Professional, Ronin, The Truman Show (cool that you have one too. I find this movie has been very underrated), ... I don't know, still have some to go, but these ones would definitely make my list.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top