Metal Storm logo
Epilepsy

16.03.2009 - 01:00
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
For those of you who are wondering what it is, epilepsy is where someone has seizures on a general basis. Not many people know but I have temporal lobe epilepsy. Its where my brain has abnormal activity on my temporal lobes. Seizures are caused high levels of stress, panic attacks, sometimes they just come with no warning. I was just curious if anyone else on Metalstorm has this problem and if anyone knows anyone who has it. I like to know what people think of this condition and if all goes well, maybe it'll be moved to the serious discussions forum. There really are no rules I can think of. Just speak your mind, thats the rule.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
16.03.2009 - 16:01
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I've watched a program about Epilepsy, on TV it can cause terrible pain and agony for some people, it makes their muscles lock and bend
16.03.2009 - 21:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
@aud is that the epilepsy type which can make you pass out if you see rapidly on/off flickering bright lights?
16.03.2009 - 22:17
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Written by Valentin B on 16.03.2009 at 21:48

@aud is that the epilepsy type which can make you pass out if you see rapidly on/off flickering bright lights?

Sometimes i get that way with flashing lights if I'm not on my meds, when I go to raves, I gotta keep my eyes closed while I dance which is funny sometimes cuz I wore this one dudes medallion and ended up hitting people lol. when I'm on the computer i got to look at the keyboard to give my eyes a rest cuz it gives me headaches. I tend to hit myself when i convulse. I woke up with big bruises on my chest once, it gets pretty bad.
----
16.03.2009 - 22:51
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by {aud}devil on 16.03.2009 at 22:17

Sometimes i get that way with flashing lights if I'm not on my meds, when I go to raves, I gotta keep my eyes closed while I dance which is funny sometimes cuz I wore this one dudes medallion and ended up hitting people lol. when I'm on the computer i got to look at the keyboard to give my eyes a rest cuz it gives me headaches. I tend to hit myself when i convulse. I woke up with big bruises on my chest once, it gets pretty bad.

and how did your addictions interact with this thing? like, you were less likely to pass out?
17.03.2009 - 02:38
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Written by Valentin B on 16.03.2009 at 22:51

Written by {aud}devil on 16.03.2009 at 22:17

and how did your addictions interact with this thing? like, you were less likely to pass out?

If anything, i was more likely to go into a seizure. Thats part of the reason why I had to stop doing everything. But my addiction to xanax helped a lot. I couldn't afford my medication when my insurance expired. Weed also helped with the stress. But it was drinking and evrything else that made me more likely to go into seizures.
----
17.03.2009 - 04:06
Fhuesc

@aud: maybe this is an stupid question, but do you "dream" when you pass out. I mean do you see images or it's a blank experience?
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
17.03.2009 - 05:18
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Written by Fhuesc on 17.03.2009 at 04:06

@aud: maybe this is an stupid question, but do you "dream" when you pass out. I mean do you see images or it's a blank experience?

Its a blank experience. The only time I ever dreamed when I passed out is when I played the "passing out" game when I was 13. I dreamed I was floating down a river of silver, and these golden "shivas" were moving their arms in a weird dance while sitting on top of blue boxes. Thats all i remember. I did have a really bad seizure that put me in a coma for two days when I was 15. I dreamt then, but I dreamt about my life still taking place. Like I went to school, took my exams, went home and smoked some pot, when in real life I was out cold. It was weird.
----