05. I'm So High
06. Ain't Your Business
07. Dead Men Can't Get Drunk
08. Late Great USA
09. Pray For The Devil
10. Why Why Why
11. Stone Cold Down
12. Gimme A Hit Before I Go

Some bands like to have fun and for that matter use to play good ol' Hard Rock. Nashville Pussy is probably one of them if they're not the leaders of the motto "Sex, booze and Rock"n"Roll". No need to introduce you this famous combo from the south of United States, just be sure that Nashville Pussy still play Hard Rock with some Punk attitude and if you can standthis music, you'll like their new release "From Hell To Texas".

"From Hell To Texas" is a perfect way to understand Nashville Pussy. Ok that's not so hard to understand them and their music anyway but seriously this album is, in my opinion, a good way to begin with Nashville Pussy. This is classic bluesy Hard Rock, something truly American cliché to death but fun as hell too. The thing is that Nashville Pussy has a lot of Punk influences and a bit like Motorhead (even if they're not really similar), they have a cool trash spirit behind all their songs. This destroying spirit with cool Hard Rock riffs is cool and I'm sure that you'll like a lot of songs like true rock "Speed Machine" or the punky "Dead Men Can't Get Drunk". Don't expect anything new or special but believe me in the genre, it cannot be more effective.

Blaine Cartwright is not beautiful, they're not great musicians but it simply works and be sure that you'll headbang there. The production of the release is also really classy because even if it's well done, wde don't have a pure sound and the little dirty production is perfect for such an album. No really despite the fact that you won't have any surprises with "From Hell To Texas", you'll not be disappointed at least because this is a pure traditional Nashville Pussy album and in the genre the songs are cool really.

I'm sure that you knew it already, "From Hell To Texas" is not an original release, this is not a complex release etc but it's effective and it rocks! Nashville Pussy is not a band which tries to surprise us but they know how to do what they do. If you're into dirty Hard Rock and just want to have fun drinking your beers and whisky, don't' miss this release, this is for you!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 15.03.2009

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 137 users
16.03.2009 - 01:06
Rating: 6
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Someone spelt Texas wrong in the title.

I was unaware that Nashville Pussy were putting out another album already. Sounds not so bad, probably end up checking it out.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.03.2009 - 11:27
destroyah
supercharger
Same here, will be checking it out
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
16.03.2009 - 14:42
Rating: 4
Elio
Red Nightmare
Meh, I don't like this genre, infact I found it quite dull and boring.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Hits total: 7225 | This month: 3