04. Robo Banditos
05. Cousins
06. Touch Screen
07. I'm Not Gay
08. Abundant Redundancy
09. Lewd Ferrigno
10. Wizard Of Sextown
11. Hookerbot3000 [Disco-A-Go-Go mix version]

So, supposedly this Revolting Cocks record is the last album ever to feature the vocals of Mr. Al Jourgensen who, after having disbanded Ministry, is threatening to spend the rest of his twilight years behind a mixing desk at the studio in his Texas compound. You would think that the 'farewell' sentiment associated with a release like this would warrant cutting Uncle Al some slack with regards to quality. Think again - this album is mediocre at best and completely cringe inducing at worst, drowning in industrial rock cliches and making no effort whatsoever to be innovative in any way.

"Sex-o Olympic-o" is an album tailor made to be played in strip clubs. The rhythms are simple and appropriately punchy, the guitar sound is sleazy and the lyrics are juvenile, lewd and irreverent. The songwriting is simplistic and focused on defining a routine for shedding various items of clothing on stage. Lead vocalist Josh Bradford possesses an intriguingly youthful sounding voice, like that of a freshman fratboy excited to get drunk and see boobs for the first time in his life. His vocals actually fit the whole vibe surprisingly well, although it gets a little creepy when he is joined by Al screaming "I'm not gay" like a senile pederast. But I digress, "Sex-o Olmpic-o" contains perfect music to get off to, throwing depraved tales of incest, prostitution and other various sleaze at the listener in glee. The only problem with this is that The Revolting Cocks have done this before and with far better results, with more charm and more gusto. "Red Parrot" has a nice groove and hilariously juvenile lyrics, "Cousins" is an entertainingly catchy tribute to incest and of course, "I'm Not Gay" could well be an anthem to stupidity. Nevertheless, all of these are just an echo of what the band did in the past.

"Sex-o Olympic-o" is like a sex doll based on the music of the RevCo of yore. It has been designed pretty well, all the orifices feel fine, the craftsmanship is fine, but hey - you're still fucking a plastic doll...

Written on 20.03.2009 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 83 users
21.03.2009 - 00:43
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
LOL great review, a joy to read as usual...
It's funny how the negative traits make me want to hear it more, just for experience sake
21.03.2009 - 01:08
Jeff
Freaky Admin
One of the best conclusion ever written here
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
21.03.2009 - 04:05
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by Introspekrieg on 21.03.2009 at 00:43

LOL great review, a joy to read as usual...
It's funny how the negative traits make me want to hear it more, just for experience sake

Well, its not a bad listen actually. I mean, its a disappointment given the band's history, but otherwise it is a fun ride through sleaze and incest.
And thanks for that comment, I always try my best to write good reviews, good to know somebody appreciates that.
23.03.2009 - 20:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The close out line was pretty damned funny.

RevCo never did as much for me as other Al side projects like Lard, 1,000 Homo DJ's, Pailhead, etc. This sounds like one to avoid even if wanting to check them out again.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.03.2009 - 20:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Poor italians olympico is shamed now C.U.C.S n Eeagles Suppiorters need revenge for good name of Olympico

Seriusly now I wanna hear this album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 5876 | This month: 7