‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]
Users visited: 195  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 12.07.2006 at 02:21
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers

Page 10 of 10

Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

05.05.2012 at 02:39
I wasn't saying NS bands commit genocide. That was a Hitler reference, and I'm saying NS bands (as in those who praise the ideology) are only different from Hitler in that they haven't actually killed people over their beliefs. Maybe for you it's okay for these artists to sing about racism, but to a great many people it's not. Being proud of your heritage is fine - just look at the Quebec black metal scene here in Canada where members of the MNQ scene advocate separatist beliefs and shed light on Quebecois folklore. What they don't do is "Heil Hitler" via passive-aggressive lyrical content, and in some cases much more direct lyrical content.

All that being said, I listen to and thoroughly enjoy quite a few NSBM bands, because I listen to the music and disregard the message. Not that I find NS ideologies to be particularly offensive myself, but I can understand where people come from who don't support the NS metal scene and even though I personally disagree with the no-NS stance of Metal Storm, I can understand why the policy exists.
----
Prettier than BloodTears.
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

05.05.2012 at 02:58
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.05.2012 at 02:39
even though I personally disagree with the no-NS stance of Metal Storm, I can understand why the policy exists.

The only thing that makes me agree with the No-NS stance here in Metalstorm is how it might affect the labels that might not want to work with a website that has such bands in their database. If that didn't happen, I wouldn't have anything against having NS bands here.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 31.01.2012 at 00:21
Post a picture of your bushy mane for redemption.
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
BitterCOld
King of Arizona

05.05.2012 at 07:00
You're discussing NS bands right here and now. we simply don't feature them.

i'm sure there are plenty of swell forums if you want more info on goosesteppers who advocate genocide and encourage racism.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.
Cill O' Connor

05.05.2012 at 13:03
I've always looked at music as art and something that should never be mixed with politics. By that I don't mean that bands shouldn't sing about political themes. What I mean is that I will never let the personal actions or beliefs of the musician influence whether I like the music or not. I don't have to be a Nazi sympathiser in order to enjoy Nokturnal Mortum's music, and I certainly wouldn't try to repress any interest in their music because of the taboo nature of their lyrical content.
Array

05.05.2012 at 16:29
Written by BitterCOld on 05.05.2012 at 07:00

You're discussing NS bands right here and now. we simply don't feature them.

i'm sure there are plenty of swell forums if you want more info on goosesteppers who advocate genocide and encourage racism.

Agreed.
Darkfiber

08.05.2012 at 22:37
I love how these topics always devolve into people arguing about Hitler. Heaven forbid people would actually talk about music in a music forum. That being said, music is about the freedom of expression, and I don't personally agree with Metalstorm persecuting quality metal bands simply because of their beliefs. Am I the only one who finds the irony in this?

About Nokturnal Mortum itself, they have always been one of my favourite black metal bands. I'm sure most people can't understand a word they are saying anyway, so who gives a fuck? Just listen to the music and enjoy it. It doesn't make you a Nazi, it doesn't make you evil, it doesn't mean you support genocide...it means you have a decent taste in music, that's all. Never let external factors take away from your enjoyment of something.
Koen Smits

10.05.2012 at 11:09
Written by Darkfiber on 08.05.2012 at 22:37

I love how these topics always devolve into people arguing about Hitler. Heaven forbid people would actually talk about music in a music forum. That being said, music is about the freedom of expression, and I don't personally agree with Metalstorm persecuting quality metal bands simply because of their beliefs. Am I the only one who finds the irony in this?

About Nokturnal Mortum itself, they have always been one of my favourite black metal bands. I'm sure most people can't understand a word they are saying anyway, so who gives a fuck? Just listen to the music and enjoy it. It doesn't make you a Nazi, it doesn't make you evil, it doesn't mean you support genocide...it means you have a decent taste in music, that's all. Never let external factors take away from your enjoyment of something.

I'm behind MS on this. MS has the right to blacklist NS bands if they want to and that's it.
We can discuss NSBM as much as we want so there's no problem at all.
----
RIP: Frank Vandenbroucke (6 nov 1974 - 12 oct 2009)
!J.O.O.E.!

24.06.2012 at 17:32
Don't want to make a new thread for this but the singer of Nokturnal Mortem had a black metal side project of epic and immense proportions called Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra. This track/album in particular 1 hour and 13 minutes long so a bit of a long haul, but it's totally worth it.

Stuff of legends.
----
Vombatus
Title

05.01.2013 at 21:16
New album on its way:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nokturnal-Mortum/427708580486

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10]

Login or register to post here.