Metal Storm logo
Nokturnal Mortum

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 12.07.2006 - 02:21
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers
27.08.2006 - 17:07
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 13:37

Sorrry man I dunno kirlic. if it be in latin letters I can translate it

I know cirilic, so if you could post it like that, I could rewrite it with latin caracters.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.08.2006 - 17:19
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 12:01

Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 05:41

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 02:19

Written by Guest on 12.07.2006 at 05:13

This band is interesting, specially "Lunar Poetry" and "Goat Horns"... I used to like "Nechrist" but now I think it's a too messy album.

People w hanst intrests about slavs, slavs culture, historu, traditions, langueges and so its hard to understand this album and fro me to I like better Lunar Poetry how other albums, but Necrist was first stuff what I hear from them

Well, I certianly have interest in Slavs... I even speak some Russian and I'm taking classes of it...

And well, I don't think NeChrist has a strong "Slavic" concept, its lyrics are just the typical Black Metal ones with a few based in NS ideology (like The Call Of The Aryan Spirit), but not in slavism....

A good "Slavic" Black Metal album is Hate Forest's "Battlefields".

Is battlefields lyrics written in slavic language or in english?

English, but they're a bit deeper talking about slavin themes, not like Nokturnam Mortum that has stupid lyrics about the "aryan" supremacy (can you even imagine anything less "aryan" than an Ukranian?)
27.08.2006 - 17:22
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 17:19

can you even imagine anything less "aryan" than an Ukranian?

It is extremly funny to see slavic bands doing NS stuff, and talking about arya
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
27.08.2006 - 17:25
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2006 at 17:22

Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 17:19

can you even imagine anything less "aryan" than an Ukranian?

It is extremly funny to see slavic bands doing NS stuff, and talking about arya

Indeed.... just see how the Nazis themselves "respected" the slavians...

Assholes like Nokturnal Mortum think they belong to a "racial group" that actually considered them sub-humans.
27.08.2006 - 17:28
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Guest on 27.08.2006 at 17:25

Assholes like Nokturnal Mortum think they belong to a "racial group" that actually considered them sub-humans.

And wanted their total annihilation. And they want to be a part of that. Ironic. And the most NS bands are slavic ones. As if they regret their slavicness
----

27.08.2006 - 17:32
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2006 at 17:28

And wanted their total annihilation. And they want to be a part of that. Ironic. And the most NS bands are slavic ones. As if they regret their slavicness

I think that the only possible reason is that they adopt far-right ideologies as an extreme answer to communism... but we're going a bit off-topic.
27.08.2006 - 17:35
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2006 at 17:28

It is indeed a sick sick world ^^- Let the sarcasm and ironi flow. I think nokturnal mortums beliefs is incredibly retarded and to be honest I actually think they are doing this for one of theese 2 reasons:
1. They got to popular because of Lunar Poetry and Goat Horns and wanted to stay "underground" by making themselves hated.
2. They want people to talk about them and thus promoting them and still be able to call themselves underground because of the "human hating" nazism involves....

Its rather funny but whatever. ^^
27.08.2006 - 19:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2006 at 17:07

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 13:37

Sorrry man I dunno kirlic. if it be in latin letters I can translate it

I know cirilic, so if you could post it like that, I could rewrite it with latin caracters.

What where you learn it?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2006 - 11:13
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 19:37

What where you learn it?

From a book It wasn't related to school. though.
----

28.08.2006 - 12:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Damnated on 28.08.2006 at 11:13

Written by Bad English on 27.08.2006 at 19:37

What where you learn it?

From a book It wasn't related to school. though.

I know in Romania, Hungary, in USSR days, thayb shood lear russian in school, and tahy are even not slavs, for slavs nation, it was wasyer how in Hungaria, Romania
----

apos;'
[image]
28.08.2006 - 14:30
Misantrophil
Account deleted
they play yesterday in Belgrade.It was really a great concert.They play:Kolyada,Hailed be the heroes,Perun celestial silver,Weltanschauung,Cry of Ukraina,In The Fire Of The Wooden churches and others.I am sad because they play only one song from Lunar poetry.
28.08.2006 - 16:31
Basso
Account deleted
Not Kuyaiva or Goat Horns :O?
28.08.2006 - 23:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 28.08.2006 at 14:30

they play yesterday in Belgrade.It was really a great concert.They play:Kolyada,Hailed be the heroes,Perun celestial silver,Weltanschauung,Cry of Ukraina,In The Fire Of The Wooden churches and others.I am sad because they play only one song from Lunar poetry.

You know Izspovest hawe you seen them live. Thay aer from Serbia, I know 2 songs and I like them, I even try translate lyrics
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2006 - 00:03
Misantrophil
Account deleted
Yes,i know for Ispovest.They play Black metal simillar to THE Stone.They are ok but for me nothing special,just one copy/paste band
31.08.2006 - 21:36
Basso
Account deleted
I took the freedom to download some songs of the Wel.(somthing) album . And I pleasantly found that material much stronger than Nechrist songs. I guess I will have to buy that album!
01.09.2006 - 16:38
delusionist
I have Goat Horns, and I think it's one of the best albums ever made.... It doesn't really matter if they are NSBM or whatever, the music is good, so why care....

Does anyone know where to find lyrics for goat horns??
02.09.2006 - 15:12
Basso
Account deleted
Written by delusionist on 01.09.2006 at 16:38

I have Goat Horns, and I think it's one of the best albums ever made.... It doesn't really matter if they are NSBM or whatever, the music is good, so why care....

My friend I cannot find any lyrics for it either, also worth mentioning is that there is no lyrics in the booklet either :/

PS: Check this t-shirt out. Im going to buy one soon!
03.09.2006 - 22:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
very nice one!!

Really looks good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.09.2006 - 08:38
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
Nice shirt, im actually planning on getting a Nokturnal Mortum shirt myself, i just found a place near me that has everything there even including Beheit shirts. But that shit looks awsome.
04.09.2006 - 13:43
Misantrophil
Account deleted
They become the NS band with Nechrist album
10.09.2006 - 14:32
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.09.2006 at 13:43

They become the NS band with Nechrist album

yes, was the frontman involved in NS stuff before their sudden change of attitude? Or did he just went all nuts while making Nechrist?
11.09.2006 - 13:20
Judas
The Amputator
@Basso: That is one hell of an awesome shirt. Link please?

As for the actual band themselves, their ideology is incredibly humourous, but they do make some rather good music.
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
11.09.2006 - 18:58
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Judas on 11.09.2006 at 13:20

@Basso: That is one hell of an awesome shirt. Link please?

As for the actual band themselves, their ideology is incredibly humourous, but they do make some rather good music.

You can find a link here : http://www.jaderberg.nu/mpd/ they are out of stock atm. But will soon be in stock again. Just mail him and he will reserve one for you.
18.09.2006 - 21:24
Basso
Account deleted
I did just recently give Nechrist another go and I must say I totally fell in love with it this time, I dont really know why I didnt like it in the beginning but damn Nechrist really grows on you.
05.01.2007 - 03:11
Basso
Account deleted
So in a desperate try to bump this thread:

Anyone heard of the band Gontyna Kry (rather famous I believe?). Their album "Welovie" is incredibly good and reminds me quite a bit of "lunar Poetry" in some ways. Definitly worth checking out if you enjoy Lunar Poetry.

Another thing to bring up is:

Has anyone heard anything of their upcomming album? News etc would be very apperciated, since I have no clue about it.
06.04.2007 - 16:15
A.J Thunder
Nokturnal Mortum is fucking amazing. Their music is an really good example of making an working mix of black metal and in their case slavic folk music. Ive got every album except from lunar poetry and marble moon and consider them all as musical masterpieces. The thing i love about Nokturnal Mortum is how much effort they put into writing their music and how every album stands out for itself instead of just repeating the same old formula.
In my opinion Nechrist is their strongest release with its sadistic vocals strong guitar riffs and some wery good folk parts. Weltanschauung is really great too even if its hard to call black metal being more folk metal (with an true warrior spirit!). One downside for me with nokturnal mortum is the really poor guitar sound especially on Goat Horns, but i guess its just for leaving more space for the synth to stand out.
Im really waiting for their next release with really really high hopes.

Of course it matters if they are NSBM or just whatever? Because that would problaby show up in their lyrical theems? And for me black metal with noneworthy lyrical theems is just noneworthy black metal and a big part of sinking into an black metal bands music is at least for me reading the lyrics.
Anyone agrees?

Hails!

-Nocturanal-
06.04.2007 - 17:58
delusionist
Written by A.J Thunder on 06.04.2007 at 16:15

Nokturnal Mortum is fucking amazing. Their music is an really good example of making an working mix of black metal and in their case slavic folk music. Ive got every album except from lunar poetry and marble moon and consider them all as musical masterpieces. The thing i love about Nokturnal Mortum is how much effort they put into writing their music and how every album stands out for itself instead of just repeating the same old formula.
In my opinion Nechrist is their strongest release with its sadistic vocals strong guitar riffs and some wery good folk parts. Weltanschauung is really great too even if its hard to call black metal being more folk metal (with an true warrior spirit!). One downside for me with nokturnal mortum is the really poor guitar sound especially on Goat Horns, but i guess its just for leaving more space for the synth to stand out.
Im really waiting for their next release with really really high hopes.

Of course it matters if they are NSBM or just whatever? Because that would problaby show up in their lyrical theems? And for me black metal with noneworthy lyrical theems is just noneworthy black metal and a big part of sinking into an black metal bands music is at least for me reading the lyrics.
Anyone agrees?

Hails!

-Nocturanal-

What I meant was that for me it doesn't matter what the bandmembers opinnions are. I can listen to any music if I find it good, of course it's a plus if I agree with what they want to say, but I don't have to in order to listen to it.

I could listen to Christian music even though I'm not totally ok with the whole thing. The same goes for nokturnal mortum. Even though I am against anything associated with nazism, I can still listen to their music and it won't bother me.
07.04.2007 - 01:34
Robstar
I recommend you To the gates of blasphemous fire ... great album dude!
RRRRRRRRR
----
Nothing is unreacheable
07.04.2007 - 01:58
Basso
Account deleted
Written by A.J Thunder on 06.04.2007 at 16:15

Anyone agrees?

Hails!

-Nocturanal-

You do realise that Nokturnal Mortum has NS lyrics on their releases NeChrist and forward right?
07.04.2007 - 10:42
A.J Thunder
To delusionist= understood.

And yes i do know that nokturnal mortum has NS lyrics from Nechrist forward.
So how about the lyrics on Goat Horns and backwards , what are they about?

-Nocturanal-