Metal Storm logo
Nokturnal Mortum

Original post

Posted by , 12.07.2006 - 02:21
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers
03.08.2009 - 14:30
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Deadsoulman on 03.08.2009 at 13:06

live with it

i can live with it very easily...just saying you are hypocrites
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.08.2009 - 15:05
Deadsoulman

Written by Ellrohir on 03.08.2009 at 14:30

live with it

It certainly looks like it, doesn't it?
03.08.2009 - 15:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nope, it doesnt look like it, it IS like it

but anyway - i dont mind it, do as you wish, you run this here...i have sources how to get to this "forbidden music", if i want to listen to such a stuff, i dont need MS for that...will use MS to discover cheesy power metal bands and those "alternative sources" for getting into black metal stuff

thats my last post about this topic, i have learned already that arguing about NSBM easily turns you into "NS supporter" in the eyes of others, which is something, i dont want, since i am not...
----

03.08.2009 - 15:14
routa
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.08.2009 at 13:30

Written by Smurfophagist on 03.08.2009 at 13:16

Well whatever. There goes the chance to introduce more people to a band that hasn't made a single bad album.

What band are you talking about? Nokturnal Mortum has quite a few bad albums imo. Especially their early work which are just a harsher Dimmu Borgir.

Finally someone who agrees. I remember kinda liking Lunar Poetry though. And Weltanschauung has its moments too.
03.08.2009 - 17:13
Smurfophagist

Well whatever. There goes the chance to introduce more people to a band that hasn't made a single bad album.

What band are you talking about? Nokturnal Mortum has quite a few bad albums imo. Especially their early work which are just a harsher Dimmu Borgir.

are you stoned on Ginkgo Biloba?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.08.2009 - 17:21
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.08.2009 at 17:13

Nope, as sober as cane be. Why would I be stoned? Just because you disagree with me? I am not the only person who thinks their recent stuff is good and their old stuff like NeChrist is pretty bad and actually a harsher version of Dimmu Borgir (old Dimmu of course)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.08.2009 - 17:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.08.2009 at 17:21

Nope, as sober as cane be. Why would I be stoned? Just because you disagree with me? I am not the only person who thinks their recent stuff is good and their old stuff like NeChrist is pretty bad and actually a harsher version of Dimmu Borgir (old Dimmu of course)

I agree whit you about it, somehow when I listen it even sound quality is not good for those albums specely old, or its only something wrong whit my sound systhem?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.08.2009 - 17:31
Smurfophagist

When youb said old stuff I thought you meant Lunar Poetry, Goat Horns or To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire. Nechrist is a bit weaker than the aforementioned but it's still a good album
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.08.2009 - 17:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Smurfophagist on 03.08.2009 at 17:31

When youb said old stuff I thought you meant Lunar Poetry, Goat Horns or To The Gates Of Blasphemous Fire. Nechrist is a bit weaker than the aforementioned but it's still a good album

I also meant Goat Horns and Lunar Poetry. Never heard To The Gates so can't judge on that.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.08.2009 - 18:16
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Couldn't you guys just get high again and reput the profile?
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
03.08.2009 - 19:46
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Ellrohir on 03.08.2009 at 14:30

live with it

considering it states clearly in section 1.1 of the FAQ:

"No discrimination of any kind, no Nazi propaganda or racism will be tolerated here (and please, don't use any avatar, banner or nickname 'linked' with such ideologies)."

we would have been hypocrites had we left them up...

we opt not to feature them. we still have this thread where you can discuss their music or their fucking stupid ideology.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.08.2009 - 17:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Ah guys c'mon, you make me sad

Stop talking about the ideology, stop talking about MS not having NSBM or other similar stuff. Just enjoy the music and talk about it.

I like their music, it sounds fresh and the vocals on Taste Of Victory sounds so... passionate.
It's sad that they make too much controversy, but that's the way it is.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.08.2009 - 19:21
ß
Problem?
I wish it was that easy for people to just enjoy their music but sadly thats not the case :
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
04.08.2009 - 20:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.08.2009 at 17:09

Ah guys c'mon, you make me sad

Stop talking about the ideology, stop talking about MS not having NSBM or other similar stuff. Just enjoy the music and talk about it.

I like their music, it sounds fresh and the vocals on Taste Of Victory sounds so... passionate.
It's sad that they make too much controversy, but that's the way it is.

Say it to people who's idiology is burn church they are even more siker how nazies sometimes, but for me, I never ewer follow any idology only enjoy music, if I would I be member of some football hool groop, nazie grooop, teror groop whatever, but Im not I just look how stupid people do thinks its fun watch in TV, but well I better liove alone whit no friends how someone makes me join somewhere where I dont wanna and makes me kill in race name or attack soemthing, so I enjoy music and enjoy it alone
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.12.2009 - 23:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nokturnal Mortum has a new album after 4 years...

and it is absolute slaughter
----

26.12.2009 - 01:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 25.12.2009 at 23:26

Nokturnal Mortum has a new album after 4 years...

and it is absolute slaughter

It's out?
You've heard it?
----
26.12.2009 - 01:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well no, it will be out tomorrow, but yes, i have heard it...
----

26.12.2009 - 01:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Ellrohir on 26.12.2009 at 01:41

Well no, it will be out tomorrow, but yes, i have heard it...

And it's good I guess? Which NM album does it sound like or is it something completely new?
----
26.12.2009 - 01:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, i think it general it is less "black" and more "pagan folk"...but i cant tell details honestly after just very first listening...

i only know, that the fourth track, "Ukraine", destroyed me completely with its awesomeness! there are some older "live" versions of this song on youtube

edit:

but when i first listened to this, i wasnt that amazed like from the album version
----

26.12.2009 - 01:56
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yeah it was pretty good and you're right, a lot less Black.
----
26.12.2009 - 06:33
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Nokturnal Mortum are quite good ukrainian band , though there is some much better , but still they are the pionners of folk black in ukraina , and i saw here some useless discussion about NM that they are NS and so on , but im against it ,they just love there country and express it that way , there isnt no hatred towards other races or countries !! they love there country and they love the slavonic seeds , i dont see no prob on this , back to the recommendation thing , id rather recommend there last album , its kinda unique and simple , also Nechrist album of 1999 is great one
Enjoy
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
26.12.2009 - 07:52
ß
Problem?
I'm definitely going to check out this release, 2009 has been quite the year for metal. Just a question, since they have their new album coming out and and if it does happen to be good, are we allowed to nominate them for the 2009 Metal Storm awards or not?
----
26.12.2009 - 07:57
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I didnt even heard about this album 'till now There is no Update option for this band... they could at least have some News.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.12.2009 - 11:22
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
We have discussed it couple of months back...staff thinks they are evil and disallows their profile...
----

26.12.2009 - 12:51
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 26.12.2009 at 11:22

We have discussed it couple of months back...staff thinks they are evil and disallows their profile...

Yeah I know XD

But even without a profile we should be able to post news, or to have them on Updates list... to at least know if some new work is on the way...

...maybe that is already possible, but I never tried
----

----
26.12.2009 - 13:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think you have to send pm to some of the mods...you should ask Bad English, i know he is contributing news about unknown doom metal bands from time to time (at least under the news it is written "Thanks to Bad English" )
----

26.12.2009 - 20:12
ß
Problem?
Written by Ellrohir on 26.12.2009 at 11:22

I know why they aren't allowed here for the obvious reason, what I'm getting at is can we suggest them for the Metal Storm awards even if they are NS.
----
26.12.2009 - 20:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
It is a shame but I can understand why MS won't have their profile here. So I will not argue.
----
26.12.2009 - 21:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I understand it too, but i strongly disagree with it
----

27.12.2009 - 21:11
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 26.12.2009 at 13:31

I think you have to send pm to some of the mods...you should ask Bad English, i know he is contributing news about unknown doom metal bands from time to time (at least under the news it is written "Thanks to Bad English" )

Uh. thats good information , althou I dont need it anymore... I discover the new album through the posts in this topic.

Just Nokturnal and Graveland are bands that I like from which I cannot find information through Metalstorm :/
----

----