Metal Storm logo
Nokturnal Mortum

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 12.07.2006 - 02:21
Well I have heard a few songs from this band and thought they where kind of intressting. So basicly I just want recommendations of cd's from them. Other than that since I saw no thread about them, here it is.

PS: I aint to fond of the NS imagry but the few songs I heard made me willing to give the music a shot. Cheers
27.12.2009 - 23:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So you are goddamned NS like me too? cool
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.12.2009 - 00:02
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Ellrohir on 27.12.2009 at 23:34

So you are goddamned NS like me too? cool

Of course! Like all the others who sympathize and listen to these bands, Im a huuuge NS supporter
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
28.12.2009 - 02:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 26.12.2009 at 13:31

I think you have to send pm to some of the mods...you should ask Bad English, i know he is contributing news about unknown doom metal bands from time to time (at least under the news it is written "Thanks to Bad English" )

Yes you can PM to any members who can eddit news , Pm him say title, give link and coppy paste news messige it can be done, or simply if band member is connected whit any other band who's on MS datebase use it and submit news,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.12.2009 - 19:01
Slayer666
Is "Lunar Poetry" their first album/EP or whatever? I only like that one. The folkish vibe in their other work is sorta boring to me...
28.12.2009 - 19:09
routa
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 28.12.2009 at 19:01

Is "Lunar Poetry" their first album/EP or whatever? I only like that one. The folkish vibe in their other work is sorta boring to me...

One of their demos which was re-released several times. Their best effort for me too if memory serves right.
29.12.2009 - 14:31
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
My Voice Of Steel's MS Award nomination refused...what a surprise...
----

29.12.2009 - 15:06
Slayer666
Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2009 at 14:31

I thought they gave up on NS on the latest album?
29.12.2009 - 15:36
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Slayer666 on 29.12.2009 at 15:06

Once NS, always NS.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
29.12.2009 - 15:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Uirapuru on 29.12.2009 at 15:36

Written by Slayer666 on 29.12.2009 at 15:06

Once NS, always NS.

I love this band, but I agree with that.
----
29.12.2009 - 15:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Dont know about this case in particular, but generally i would say it is narrow minded option...we are here to make mistakes and learn from them...if someone finally realized NS is stupid and so he wants to get rid of it, why not accept that? we should learn from past, but the only important thing is future...
----

29.12.2009 - 15:52
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Actually I was being kinda sarcastic... just missed the emoticon

I dont really believe that they gave up on the NS opinions. But still like their music and think they deserve a space here.

Also don´t see NS opinions more dangerous than torture, rape and murder that so many bands use in their music.
----

----
29.12.2009 - 16:13
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Uirapuru on 29.12.2009 at 15:52

Also don´t see NS opinions more dangerous than torture, rape and murder that so many bands use in their music.

i would carve this opinion into stone, if i'd just know how to carve into stone...

unless you start doing it, you can talk and sing about anything in the world...
----

29.12.2009 - 16:24
Krankheit
Account deleted
The new album is great. Listened to 3 songs so far and I'm very impressed. Seems that they have been very influenced by Pink Floyd on this album.
29.12.2009 - 16:47
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I remember first three songs from the album were nice and i was saying "yes, this is pretty good"...then fourth track, "Ukraine"...and i almost shit into my pants from its grandiosity
----

29.12.2009 - 17:56
Slayer666
Written by Ellrohir on 29.12.2009 at 16:13

i would carve this opinion into stone, if i'd just know how to carve into stone...

Well, maybe it's because the talk about raping/murder and shit doesn't insult or offend anyone in particular. NS speews hatespeech about a very well specified group of people.
29.12.2009 - 18:19
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Slayer666 on 29.12.2009 at 17:56

Well, maybe it's because the talk about raping/murder and shit doesn't insult or offend anyone in particular. NS speews hatespeech about a very well specified group of people.

I dont know... it seems to me that people who were raped are a very specific group also... And incentivate murder through music should be seen as much dangerous as incentivate prejudice and racism.

Maybe all grindcore should be banned as well. They mock all the man and woman who were raped and the families of ones who were brutally murdered, just to look cool in the music.
----

----
29.12.2009 - 22:01
Slayer666
Written by Uirapuru on 29.12.2009 at 18:19

Written by Slayer666 on 29.12.2009 at 17:56

I dont know... it seems to me that people who were raped are a very specific group also... And incentivate murder through music should be seen as much dangerous as incentivate prejudice and racism.

Maybe all grindcore should be banned as well. They mock all the man and woman who were raped and the families of ones who were brutally murdered, just to look cool in the music.

I'll give you that one...
But, let's look at things from a historical standpoint. Random murder and rape that grindcore (and some other genres) promote never caused as much damage (in such a short period) as NS. WW II and everything. Naturally, I understand what a stupid argument this is, but it's something to ponder, at least.
Besides, grindcore is like "I'll rape you, kill your family" blah blah blah. Everyone knows the guy behind the microphone isn't really gonna do that, nor did he really do it. NS encourages racism, which could cause real action.
29.12.2009 - 22:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes...it COULD...but there is something called presumption of innocence in healthy democratic society...
----

30.12.2009 - 05:25
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Because fictional accounts of fantasy gore =/= 11,000,000 or so people dying horrifically.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.12.2009 - 07:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm impressed with the new album. I sorta downloaded it on a whim, burning it using my valuable last CD-R, and went to bed listening to it this morning. I fell asleep around track 5 (if I fall asleep to an album, usually it means it's good - albums that are bad actually bore me so much that I can't sleep, if that makes any sense), but so far this is one of best black metal albums I've heard this year, but that's still not saying a lot. The production is really good too, which threw me off, and only enhances the music.

I can't wait to hear the rest of it when I get off work.
30.12.2009 - 10:00
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Come on, where you hear black metal in it? it turned into quality folk metal now, which is but very good
----

30.12.2009 - 11:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Slayer666 on 29.12.2009 at 22:01

I'll give you that one...
But, let's look at things from a historical standpoint. Random murder and rape that grindcore (and some other genres) promote never caused as much damage (in such a short period) as NS. WW II and everything. Naturally, I understand what a stupid argument this is, but it's something to ponder, at least.
Besides, grindcore is like "I'll rape you, kill your family" blah blah blah. Everyone knows the guy behind the microphone isn't really gonna do that, nor did he really do it. NS encourages racism, which could cause real action.

NS and grindcore , grindcore LOL NS is idilogy in muisc nothing more people who's not nazie never troooly will understand it ,
Yes I do likie muisc, I like some NM lyrics , maybe I would go to concert but Im not a nazie, I never follow what they teach , I never follow anything and LIKEING music and linking idea of it is not same, have you ever been in nazie party , I ''know' some people in my town who's Nazies wear swastika , so what I have drink beer whit them fiew times, nothing more, but I been poist of of their talks and stupid behaivor, even grindcore fans are more stupid from those what I know, going to such parties, clubs concerts its not my cup of tea, once you go, you be notized and ask young and join in meens kill non white, and dont do it you be killed simple is fact, if you like music, listen it but wanna trobles start go to such parties and you're gooner
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2009 - 11:47
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Ellrohir on 30.12.2009 at 10:00

Come on, where you hear black metal in it? it turned into quality folk metal now, which is but very good

Oh.... well... I guess I just thought they were a black metal band with some folky stuff added. I guess when I think about it, the album starts out as folk metal but all of a sudden (track 2) or somewhere it gets louder, faster, and an extra guitar is added, so it was never a question to me that they aren't black metal. I think
12.02.2010 - 21:15
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
I must say that "The Voice Of Steel" is the best album of 2009 for me. I had to buy it immediately when I heard it for the first time. I bought also "Мировоззрение" which is almost as good as the new album.
"Ukraine" is the best folk metal song ever.
21.08.2010 - 06:21
The Turbanator
NS or not NS... The Voice of Steel is one of the best metal album I've heard. Agree with farmakon above, best of 2009 for me.

That 'Ukraine' track gave me shivers up my spine. Definitely gonna look into their older stuff now. any recommendation?
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
21.08.2010 - 20:26
farmakon
Whispering Gloom
Written by The Turbanator on 21.08.2010 at 06:21

NS or not NS... The Voice of Steel is one of the best metal album I've heard. Agree with farmakon above, best of 2009 for me.

That 'Ukraine' track gave me shivers up my spine. Definitely gonna look into their older stuff now. any recommendation?

Try Lunar Poetry - they played nice symphonic black metal on this album or Weltanschauung/Мировоззрение - folk/black metal album and sounds more like The Voice of Steel.
21.08.2010 - 23:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by farmakon on 12.02.2010 at 21:15

I must say that "The Voice Of Steel" is the best album of 2009 for me. I had to buy it immediately when I heard it for the first time. I bought also "Мировоззрение" which is almost as good as the new album.

I wasn't even gonna listen to this... but now I have to... XD
----

----
22.08.2010 - 02:10
The Turbanator
Written by Uirapuru on 21.08.2010 at 23:53

Do listen to it. Really a brilliant album. I'm still listening to it since yesterday.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
26.08.2010 - 15:44

AGREED! i mean really, since when was "Extreme Metal" or any metal for that matter that has any balls suppose to give a care about anyones "feelings". this is Metal not some EMO Crap.
----
The Christ Haters and Kings of Blasphemy EVIL INCARNATE Blackend DM Mayhem www.myspace.com/evilincarnatekult
26.08.2010 - 16:29
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Uirapuru on 21.08.2010 at 23:53

That "Ukraine" track is downright vomit inducing. I can't believe how many people buy into this shit. It sounds like a really commercial Dimmu song with some folk elements on it. It is also grossly overproduced. Basically it sounds like fruit and cheese punch with some extra fruit sallad and cheese sticks with complementary fruit dip.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America