Metal Storm logo
God Seed - Former Gorgoroth Members Choose New Name

Former Gorgoroth members Gaahl and King ov Hell have chosen the new banner of God Seed to represent their art.

Posted on the band's newly created myspace page:

"God Seed was chosen for many reasons; it represents the will to grow, the god within man and nature, and the will to reach one's highest potential. God Seed is also the title of a track from the last album released under the "Gorgoroth" banner and in that respect it symbolizes what is brought from the past into a new beginning and a new future.

The album which has been in the works as a "Gorgoroth" album will now be released as the first God Seed album and should be in-stores in late 2009.

King comments: "The past 18 months has been a struggle on many levels. Therefore I'm very excited about God Seed - even on a personal level. Hopefully this will lead to growth to me personally and for the band as a whole. It's time to use my energy on something that wants to live, rather than to use my energy on something that wants to die and be part of my past!!!"

More details on the upcoming album - line-up etc will be announced shortly."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Gorgoroth
Posted: 23.03.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 129 users
23.03.2009 - 14:17
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Release the same album twice huh? Sounds like a very tr00 move
----
23.03.2009 - 15:17
Baz Anderson
staff
No, they mean that the album they were working on - which was intended to be a Gorgoroth album - will now be a God Seed album.
23.03.2009 - 15:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
I actually look forward to this!
----
23.03.2009 - 15:48
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Written by Baz Anderson on 23.03.2009 at 15:17

No, they mean that the album they were working on - which was intended to be a Gorgoroth album - will now be a God Seed album.
Ah, I get it.
----
23.03.2009 - 16:03
Slayer666
Well, I wish these guys good luck. Although, God Seed is a monumentaly stupid name.
23.03.2009 - 17:13
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
I guess the whole thing that happened to Gorgoroth is great...cause to see Pest back on vocals with Infernus is really such a great thing to looking for....and it same here with God Seed...i guess Gahhl and King ov Hell well make something great for the BLACK metal scene
23.03.2009 - 19:16
joco
And will Frank Watkins paint his face if he make a gig with Gorgoroth? that would be hillarious... And that name for Gaahl and King, God Seed...that's not an evil, black metal band's name???:erm:
23.03.2009 - 19:42
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
''God Seed''?? how creative
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
23.03.2009 - 20:12
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
In other news: Former Gorgoroth members Gaahl and King ov Hell will be touring this summer in support of Stryper's latest album, Murder By Pride. Some fans have been very vocal about God Seed touring with the American Heavy Metal band for the vast differences in their viewpoints. When asked about this odd pairing of bands Gaahl simply said "What is more Black Metal than touring with Oz Fox?" Rumors has also circulated that Michael Sweet may be a guest vocalist on the up coming God Seed album if everything works out well.
----
(space for rent)
23.03.2009 - 20:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Odd choice for a name with odder connotations given that "Seed" is also used as a euphemism for sperm.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
23.03.2009 - 22:14
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Strange name if applying its meaning to the legal battle with Infernus: as this band has spawned from another band, Gaahl and King's band might be considered as the seed. And Infernus' Gorgoroth as the god.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
24.03.2009 - 01:14
tulkas
el parcero
Mm, don't really like that name, at least for them. i don't know, it's like... it doesn't suit them imo
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
24.03.2009 - 04:47
METAL!
God Seed?
Cliched. Lame.
24.03.2009 - 05:12
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Mmm god seed doesnt really have the same ring to it as gorgoroth. but then again, i suppose a worse name coulda been chosen.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.03.2009 - 05:29
Symmachus
Written by Dane Train on 23.03.2009 at 20:12

In other news: Former Gorgoroth members Gaahl and King ov Hell will be touring this summer in support of Stryper's latest album, Murder By Pride. Some fans have been very vocal about God Seed touring with the American Heavy Metal band for the vast differences in their viewpoints. When asked about this odd pairing of bands Gaahl simply said "What is more Black Metal than touring with Oz Fox?" Rumors has also circulated that Michael Sweet may be a guest vocalist on the up coming God Seed album if everything works out well.

Is that stuff true or made up?
24.03.2009 - 07:54
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Let them do their thing without tainting the name of Gorgoroth anymore.. I'll certainly give it a listen so lets see what they come up with..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
24.03.2009 - 10:35
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Man that was quite quick...10th of March - court said Gorgoroth belongs to Infernus...23th of March - Gaahl has new name for "his Gorgoroth"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.03.2009 - 00:32
Daniel
Infernus is a dick
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
27.03.2009 - 00:57
Written by Uirapuru on 23.03.2009 at 19:42

''God Seed''?? how creative

I agree. I would personally like to see more bands stick to their native tongue. "God Seed" just sounds unoriginal.
27.03.2009 - 01:10
Herzebeth
Didn't Gaahl just came out ov the kult closet?

oh! that would have worked greatly as a band name
----
27.03.2009 - 01:58
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Glam-o-roth!

oh, are Gaahl jokes not funny anymore?
27.05.2009 - 08:11
Zombie, M.D.
The last couple Gorgoroth albums that King ov Hell wrote sucked ass. I like how King ov Hell is playing this off as some "rebirth" shit when he tried to steal the Gorgoroth name.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
05.08.2010 - 01:22
dodstink
Lack of minimum of imagination or christian feelings arose!

Hits total: 4728 | This month: 2