Metal Storm logo
Devin Townsend - To Release New Solo Material

On his MySpace page Devin Townsend (ex- Strapping Young Lad, ex-Devin Townsend Band) published a brief interview announcing a new solo album, "Ki".

Townsend commented: "Ki" is the first of 4 albums in a series of albums under the moniker 'Devin Townsend Project.' Each album is essentially a different "band" (or collection of session musicians) playing my music. They were chosen based on what the theme of the album is, and the vibe that the album is trying to project. The album "Ki" is very specific in this quartet of albums in that it controls its anger throughout the album barring one song (Heaven Send), and really is an exercise in having little to prove."

The whole interview can be read here. According to a message from Townsend on his forums, "Ki" will be released in late May or June. An album teaser can be found at this location.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Devin Townsend
Posted: 24.03.2009 by Varjo

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 71 users
24.03.2009 - 11:10
Talvi

There is a lot more information at his myspace, so people interested in Devin should check it out.

I can't wait to see what Devin will prepare to all of us.
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
24.03.2009 - 14:53
MetalManic

Well this is certainly welcomed and anticipated news!

1hour later:

Man, I just read the entire interview and it WAS very informative. It sounds as if Devin has something really awesome going on here. I mean, its been written over 3 years and entirely in a sober mind. Could this be the new 'Elite' in the music world when he completes all 4 albums and assembles his perfect 4 sober band to perform secret shows around the world? It's been a while since the likes of 'Transatlantic' (I know, music type is not the same but concept is comparable) have breathed life into the music scene.
24.03.2009 - 17:45
Harlequin Devon

Sample sounds great. I wish Devin kept the skullet though.
24.03.2009 - 18:50
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by MetalManic on 24.03.2009 at 14:53

I mean, its been written over 3 years and entirely in a sober mind.

That's what I was worried about...

But the teaser reassured me, I can't wait!
24.03.2009 - 19:00
MetalManic

Written by Introspekrieg on 24.03.2009 at 18:50

Written by MetalManic on 24.03.2009 at 14:53

I mean, its been written over 3 years and entirely in a sober mind.

That's what I was worried about...

But the teaser reassured me, I can't wait!

I didn't even see notice the teaser! It is gonna be great. I look forward to hearing the drumming actually. 63 years old, he's gotta have what it takes
24.03.2009 - 21:10
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Yeahhhhh! hevi devi is makin more music!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
25.03.2009 - 03:28
Urizen367

Looks like mr. townsend is trying to be serious again. maturity seems to be a running pattern in side projects. bruce dickinson, tobi sammet's Avantasia, Townsend...now anyways.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
25.03.2009 - 03:29
Urizen367

And if no one heard, it appears he shaved the skullet off
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
25.03.2009 - 05:41
Symmachus

Devin Townsend is pretty talented. This seems like a pretty cool album.
25.03.2009 - 05:48
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Written by Urizen367 on 25.03.2009 at 03:29

And if no one heard, it appears he shaved the skullet off

Yeah, I even doubted if it was really Devin.

Ah finally more incredible music by the master Townsend, I can't wait for this!
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 4066 | This month: 17