Metal Storm logo
As I Lay Dying

12.07.2006 - 16:40
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
well AS I LAY DYING is one of the best metalcore bands out there (for me of course) first time i listen to this band i said: WOW WHAT A CRAP DUDE!! , but then i started to download more and more music and they are fantastic... they're last cd "Shadows are security" is awesome!!! and well "Fraill words collapse" it was ok!!
so what do you think about this metalcore band??
12.07.2006 - 16:51
Stigmatized
I saw them live back in '04. They were a good live act, but I don't really care for their studio albums.
12.07.2006 - 19:27
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I totally agree with Marito...same experience. I love As I Lay Dying now [top 10 for me], though all their songs follow the same pattern, and use very simmilar riffs...I like it. I especially like how the bass drum hits at each power chord...making it all sound deeper.

...Which of course brings me to my next point- musicians. Their drummer [Jordan Mancino] is simply amazing. He's fast, intricate, and accents the guitars. Their bassist/vocalist [Clint Norris] is a personal idol of mine...not only does he play and Ibanez SRX700 [bass I want...so badly], but he has an amazing clean voice...one of which I had [along with Brent Smith of Shinedown].
13.07.2006 - 05:22
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
wow really?? yeah i think this band rocks !!! and well i didn't knew the name of the drummer but he is amazing!!!
13.07.2006 - 08:10
Nevermore
Account deleted
As I Lay Dying rock the house lol... too bad I've wore them out, everyone once in a while I'll listen, but kinda tired of them as of now
13.07.2006 - 09:38
King Antichrist
Account deleted
I was into them (Frail Words Collapse and Shadows are Security), well obsessed is a better word. I also saw them live, but then I developed past it, there is a lot of better metal out there than this mallcore bullshit.
13.07.2006 - 22:46
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
better metalcore bands?? well tell me some of them
14.07.2006 - 02:12
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 13.07.2006 at 22:46

better metalcore bands?? well tell me some of them

The Agony Scene
14.07.2006 - 05:36
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
THE AGONY SCENE?? MMM WELL I HAVE THEIR ALBUM " THE DARKEST RED" I THINK AND WELL IT WAS NOT SO GOOD AS "SHADOWS ARE SECURITY" OF AILD BUT I REMENBER ABOUT THIS BAND ALL THAT REMAINS AND WELL IT'S BETTER THAN AILD (FOR ME )
14.07.2006 - 07:00
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Lay off the crack, dude.
14.07.2006 - 08:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I had the grave misfortune of seeing this band last year with In Flames...gawd they were so terrible...I hate how bands like Kreator and In Flames have these generic metalcore bands opening for them all the time...all their songs totally sound the same...they remind me of that A Perfect Murder band and that album that they have...Unbroken...every song starts out on the same chord and has the same pattern...and then there is your breakdown there the song gets crunchier and you have the low growling...
15.07.2006 - 06:48
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
I THINK THIS BAND LIKE KREATOR OR IN FLAMES CALL THIS YOUNGER BANDS (METALCORE BANDS MOST OF THEM) TO GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO BE BETTER AND MORE POPULAR IN METAL SCENE...
15.07.2006 - 07:08
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I think Marito's right...I was reading a Michael Stanne [Dark Tranquillity] interview...and the guy asked him something like 'How do you feel about metalcore...copying...etc..." to which he resonded something like, "No, it's cool actually..." and he went on about something along the lines of 'watching them grow' and it's a new good" kind of music. What I read made it seem like he was totally sincere too.
16.07.2006 - 06:40
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, alright...I agree with Marito that Kreator and In Flames are trying to respect younger bands coming into the metal scene and that's a great point by the way, but I wish they would take on and nurture younger and maturing thrash/death metal bands in their same vien on tour rather then metalcore and hardcore...is Kreator and In Flames closer related to hardcore/metalcore/screamo bands then death/thrash or something?

Sorry...I took the conversation away from As I Lay Dying but my point still has something to do with metal/hardcore I suppose whatever...
16.07.2006 - 16:36
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
MMM WELL IN FACT YOU ARE CORRECT... BUT NOW IF YOU LISTEN TO IN FLAMES (LAST 2 ALBUMS) I THINK YOU SAID WOW THIS IS METALCORE... AND WELL KREATOR I THINK THEY STILL THE SAME BECAUSE WELL I DON'T LISTEN TO THEM TO MUCH BUT MY POINT OF VIEW IT'S THAT BANDS LIKE IN FLAMES, CHILDREN OF BODOM ( I'M A HARD FAN OF CHILDREN OF BODOM BUT THEY'RE LAST ALBUM IT'S NOT LIKE THE OTHERS , IT'S GOOD BUT NOT PERFECT AS THE OLDERS) HAVE CHANGE THEY STYLE AND ARE SIMILIAR TO THIS YOUNG METAL KIDS (METALCORE)...
23.07.2006 - 21:54
Ibanez07
Account deleted
New In Flames really isn't metalcore...but I can see where you're coming from. I think Metalstorm has it nailed- if you check out their profile here it refers to them as 'Nu Gothenburg Metal' [since Soundtrack to Your Escape]. I think that title's dead on.
24.07.2006 - 00:22
Endoftherainbow

I really don't like this band to me they seem like one of the most boring, repetative, predictable metalcore bands out there. I've seen them live once and they were more intresting then on the album but still nothing that special. Yesteday I had to learn one of there songs because of the new band I'm in and I had never heard the song before but since it was predictable it only took me like 3 listens to learn it And about In Flames being Nu Gothernburg Metal I've always thought of that as being kind of a shitty title for whatever they're playing now.
26.07.2006 - 02:04
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
hahaha right about In flames... but plz just write about AS I LAY DYING
30.08.2006 - 01:32
Aukunash
Account deleted
I've been listening to As I Lay Dying for a year or so now...Seen them live 4 times. They're show get's better and better every time.
10.09.2006 - 19:19
Grindcore

IMO As I lay Dying is one of those overrated bands
10.09.2006 - 22:50
Thryce
Retired Staff
Written by Grindcore on 10.09.2006 at 19:19

IMO As I lay Dying is one of those overrated bands

Nah, clear arguemented and well explained opinions áre overrated
----
Your favorite band sucks.
11.09.2006 - 22:43
DyNo!!
Account deleted
In the metalcore scene they are my favourite, i've got all their albums...
They're amzing 'cause they're all christians people... but they scream in the mic like no one!
12.09.2006 - 06:05
thefadedline

How does being Christian affect a scream? You may aswell say a black man has no place in metal!

They have talent. It's a shame they don't too much with it. Every song sounds the same to me. I like them in small doses but their albums seem to be just one big song to me.
----
Relax and let the seat take the battery
12.09.2006 - 12:24
DyNo!!
Account deleted
Written by thefadedline on 12.09.2006 at 06:05

How does being Christian affect a scream? You may aswell say a black man has no place in metal!

They have talent. It's a shame they don't too much with it. Every song sounds the same to me. I like them in small doses but their albums seem to be just one big song to me.

some song, specially in "shadows are security", are quite similiar, but if you try to listen to other metalcore bands (not also famous like unearth, ecc...) you'll find that repetitive is a quality that many bands have, and i think that AILD aren't so boring like other...
what you think?
12.09.2006 - 17:09
MaritoM@nson
Account deleted
AILD IS A GREAT METALCORE BAND AND WELL THERE ARE OTHERS GOOD METALCORE BANDS AS :ALL THAT REMAINS, THE AGONY SCENE, IT DIES TODAY (WELL I LOVE THIS BAND , IT'S MY OPINION ) ...
19.09.2006 - 05:17
spirit_inblack
harshhead
If you ask me AILD are a little overrated. Shadows Are Securirty is a good album, but there is a lot of filler and it gets repetitive fast. Tim has killer vocals (same with Clint) and Mancino is absolutely insane when it comes to double bass work. Very emotional lyrics as well. I actually like them a bit but don't listen to their music that often.
05.11.2006 - 21:36
rebelos
Account deleted
my favorite album is "Frail Words..." and favorite songs would be "Forever" along with "Meaning In Tragedy"
anyway the thing about this band is that they are really powerfull and heavy!
they are not so unique or even proggressive but they have gots to play some good powerfull stuff!
plus their singer is greek
24.08.2007 - 16:21
Thryce
Retired Staff
(From the Metal Blade Newsletter) AILD have just set up an exclusive pre-listening for their upcoming album "An Ocean Between Us" on their MySpace page! Click here to stream all of the 12 songs featured on the band's most focused and varied album to date! Be quick or be dead - this exclusive feature will only last until Monday, August 27th!!!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
10.09.2007 - 18:06
SteTech

An Ocean Between Us is probably their best album, their sound has matured a bit, and the new bassist has much better clean vocals. Seeing them tonight out of curiosity, and plus they have Himsa for support, who are ace!
16.09.2007 - 01:38
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
Written by SteTech on 10.09.2007 at 18:06

An Ocean Between Us is probably their best album, their sound has matured a bit, and the new bassist has much better clean vocals. Seeing them tonight out of curiosity, and plus they have Himsa for support, who are ace!

Well put. Not a lot of bands mature like they did. Seriously, how many bands can you say are better years later? not many. Most get burnt out on the same style they've been using and as soon as you know it, they are no more. its stereotypes and media.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something