Metal Storm logo
Alestorm - New Album Details And New Songs Online

Original news, posted on 28.03.2009

A new Alestorm song, entitled "Keelhauled" has been made available at this location. The song comes off the band's upcoming album "Black Sails At Midnight", which will be released via Napalm Records on the following dates:

May 27 - Finland, Spain
May 29 - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, France, Italy, Spain
Jun. 01 - Rest of Europe
Jun. 02 - USA, Canada

It will be available in normal jewelcase format with the following cover art (designed by Ingo Romling), and also as a limited-edition digipack with different artwork and a bonus DVD featuring the band's gig from the Wacken Open Air festival in 2008.

"Black Sails At Midnight" tracklisting:

01. The Quest
02. Leviathan
03. That Famous Ol' Spiced
04. Keelhauled
05. To The End Of Our Days
06. Black Sails at Midnight
07. No Quarter
08. Pirate Song
09. Chronicles of Vengeance
10. Wolves of the Sea

UPDATE (thanks to csiga)

Alestorm have posted a new song online, called "That Famous Ol' Spiced". Check it out here.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Alestorm
Posted: 22.05.2009 by Abattoir

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   Visited by: 107 users
24.04.2009 - 21:34
green11420

Don't know why so many people dislike like this band...???
I absolutely love them. And they're first album was great in my opinion. Doesn't matter though, everyone likes what they like I guess!
06.11.2009 - 21:21
Negativ

On one side, I really, really enjoy the music - I've a fondness for pirates - the catchy melodies and sing-a-long choruses are making me happy. And so does also the accordion. While I understand the problem some people have with the vocals, I find myself liking the roughness of it. It sounds different.
It's sort of happy music, and I think it is nice.
Though on the other side I'm not a big fan of unfitting/overused synthesizers/keyboards. And they do have many of them. The melodies and some elements are unfitting at times, not blending in with the pirate-theme. [But maybe I just think so 'cause I'm not so fond of this kind of symphonic elements (;]
But, they play their instruments well, and I think there is nothing wrong with some "slight fare" [is this the right phrase?].
I don't see the point why the band is so polarising. While it is perfectly fine to not like them, it is also fine to like them.

[Besides, there isn't a really wide range of pirate-themed/pirate-sounding music out there. ]
----
Si non te inveniet dies ultimus victorem, inveniat vel pugnantem.

Hits total: 5568 | This month: 4