Metal Storm logo
Stream Of Passion - New Album Details

Official press release

Originally the brainchild of Arjen Lucassen's ( Ayreon, Star One...), Stream Of Passion is now ready to release their second studio album. "The Flame Within" leaves its predecessor in the dust thanks to maturer songwriting that presents a further developed band able to give Gothic Metal a newfound profundity. Carried by Marcela Bovios' fantastic vocal lines, Stream of Passion delivers the entire spectrum of human emotions-at times dreamy and melancholic, at others uninhibited and forward pressing. In this way, heavy riffs merge with romantic undertones in majestic unity. Jens Bogren's (Fascination Street Studios) mastering work allows the tracks' subtle nuances to come into play. "The Flame Within" is more than a loosely arranged sequence of songs, but rather a holistic Gothic Metal masterpiece complete with mystic elements and sonorous symphonic romanticism.

"The Flame Within" [cover artwork] tracklisting:

01. The Art Of Loss
02. In The End
03. Now Or Never
04. When You Hurt Me The Most
05. Run Away
06. Games We Play
07. This Endless Night
08. My Leader
09. Burn My Pain
10. Let Me In
11. Street Spirit
12. A Part Of You
13. All I Know

Release date: May 29, 2009

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Stream Of Passion
Posted: 29.03.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 95 users
29.03.2009 - 15:59
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
Interesting, I didn't even know they were working on a new album. I'm not sure if I like the cover.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
29.03.2009 - 16:17
Abattoir

Their first debut product wasn't bad at all, so will see what will come from this one...

This album cover doens't look to special.
29.03.2009 - 16:43
Bas
Retired Staff
With a new keyboard and guitarist (both of them having been really awesome on the SoP debut) and without Arjen helping out in the songwriting department they're probably a completely new band so I won't hold my hopes all too high for now...

Still I'll definitely give it a try when it comes out, could be really lame but perhaps they'll manage to get close to the first album again
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.03.2009 - 19:02
Promonex
Cathemeral
I actually hold Marcela's works without Arjen (Elfonía) in higher regards than those with him (SoP). Really looking forward to this one
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
29.03.2009 - 20:09
Lupas
Maximus
It is strange that nothing have been said about this project. But i'm glad that this band will gives us another album .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
29.03.2009 - 20:11
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Im curious about this one, now that they're not with Arjen anymore I wanna know how well can they handle this new album. I hope it'll be good.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
29.03.2009 - 21:08
Symmachus

I hope this album is a rather great one. I've heard some songs off of their debut album, and they were nice. Marcela Bovio is a nice singer. By the way, the cover isn't bad, but I wouldn't regard it as oe of my favorites per se.
30.03.2009 - 05:54
Hrothdane

The first album had some great songs on it, so I have my hopes for the new album. I must say, the name plus the cover art have me intrigued. The song titles don't tell me much though.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
30.03.2009 - 13:40
Enissa

The artwork isnt so good... but the tracklist looks promising!
03.04.2009 - 07:27
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
WHAT THE HECK!? They stole my title!!! GGRRR!!! The Flame Within.
----
(space for rent)
03.04.2009 - 08:48
Jason W.
Razorbliss
If the CD is anything as good as the description here, I'll be sure to be buying it. I am approaching this more of a debut than as a follow-up, as I expect it to sound quite different, so hopefully there will be a chance to hear the whole album online first
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 9244 | This month: 10