Metal Storm logo
Arsis - Former Drummer Rejoins

Arsis' original drummer and founding member Michael Van Dyne has rejoined the group.

Commented Van Dyne: "I'm looking forward to working with my friend Jim again, as well as the great people at Nuclear Blast. Judging by the new material that Jim Malone [guitar, vocals] and Nick Cordle [bass] have been working on, I think we may be sitting on some of the most memorable and thrashy Arsis material written to date. Due to obligations with my full-time career, session drummers will most likely be utilized for big tours that Jim wishes to do in the future... However, regional shows and occasional mini-tours or festival gigs either here in North America or overseas are a definite possibility (and something I'd be totally psyched to do) if our collective schedules allow it. Good times."

Jim Malone added: "I can't say how excited I am to be working with Mike Van Dyne again; Arsis would have never existed in the first place had it not been for him and his motivation. It's very hard to find people to work with that you can connect with both as musicians and as friends. Mike has always been both of these. I can't wait to start demoing some new material with Mike and Nick. While David Kinkade did a great good job for Arsis and he may still play live with us from time to time, I can't pass up the opportunity to work with Mike Van Dyne again. I have a feeling the vibe will be amazing and feel confident that we'll make Arsis stronger and better than ever. We have the best fans in the world behind us and they deserve the best we have to offer!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Arsis
Posted: 02.04.2009 by -Morbid-

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 61 users
02.04.2009 - 19:45
Arcesse Eum

Sweet, Maybe Borknagar will tour now.
----
As above, so below.
02.04.2009 - 23:25
Metal_Militia

Bout time. They are so much better with him in the band.Make much more creative music
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

05.04.2009 - 17:38
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
It's good to hear this. His drumming really fits Arsis.

Hits total: 3382 | This month: 5