Metal Storm logo
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow - Part Ways With Guitarist, May Gigs Cancelled

Finnish metallers Eternal Tears Of Sorrow have issued the following update:

"Unfortunately, we have to announce that our solo guitarist Risto Ruuth has left Eternal Tears of Sorrow. The situation came to us as a total surprise. We have no information on the reasons or the background behind his decision. We received Risto's a unilateral declaration a week ago.

During the past week, we have done everything possible to find a replacement in time so that we could make it to do the confirmed live dates according to the previously established timetable. Unfortunately, it has proven to be an exceedingly difficult task with this schedule, and thus it will affect the confirmed live dates.

Eternal Tears of Sorrow will get on the stage as soon as the hole in the line-up has been refilled. More information on this topic will be published shortly.

At the same time, we announce the search for solo guitarist for the band. The guitarist we're looking for should be diverse, full of ideas and creative. Above all, his feet should be firmly on the solid ground, he should motivated to the task, and should be able to manage the role of the solo guitarist in our band.

If you are interested in this mission, send free-form application, info-packet and the call audio samples or video form, to: eternaltears2009 [at] gmail [dot] com"

Source: eternaltears.info
Band profile: Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
Event: Eternal Tears Of Sorrow + Omnium Gatherum [CANCELLED]
Posted: 03.04.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 104 users
03.04.2009 - 01:10
Uller

First!!!

Lol.... thats bad, i would like that they play live on Mexico some day
----
03.04.2009 - 01:27
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well, members leaving a band is always a bad news, but I'm almost sure that they will find a great replacement.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.04.2009 - 01:51
csiga
Munin
If my brother read it, he will crying
----

i survived the lake bodom!
03.04.2009 - 04:06
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Bad news... kinda bitchy cause they don't even know the reason he left.. lol
But as Daggon says, they'll find a great replacement.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
03.04.2009 - 04:55
tulkas
el parcero
Woah!! didn't see that coming, it sucks, specially having just relased their album and having all those tour dates confimred. i hope they post later, when they know, the reasons for ruuth leaving
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
03.04.2009 - 20:40
Janne
Hugin
Written by csiga on 03.04.2009 at 01:51

Aaaaaaah :'( I'm crying.....
Why?? why now?? I want them to come to Hungary!!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.04.2009 - 21:40
csiga
Munin
Written by Janne on 03.04.2009 at 20:40

Written by csiga on 03.04.2009 at 01:51

Aaaaaaah :'( I'm crying.....
Why?? why now?? I want them to come to Hungary!!!

i said that : D
----

i survived the lake bodom!
03.04.2009 - 22:21
Enissa

Is that mean the release date of the album delayed too???
04.04.2009 - 00:01
Symmachus

That sucks that Risto Ruuth left the band and the band had their gigs cancelled. I wish them luck on finding another guitarist.
07.04.2009 - 11:08
goashem
Account deleted
Written by Enissa on 03.04.2009 at 22:21

Is that mean the release date of the album delayed too???

Nope. The release dates aren't going to change. The album will be released between mid-May and the end of May in Europe and Asia.

Hits total: 3530 | This month: 7