Metal Storm logo
Eluveitie - Entire New Album Streaming Online

Swiss metallers Eluveitie have made their entire new album, "Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion", available for streaming on their MySpace page.

"Evocation I - The Arcane Dominion" will be released on April 17 via Nuclear Blast Records.

More details about the album were previously reported at this location.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Eluveitie
Posted: 03.04.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   Visited by: 190 users
03.04.2009 - 12:28
Bleeding angel
Yeppie :-)
03.04.2009 - 12:46
Hell yeah!!!
03.04.2009 - 13:26
Magatouve
Account deleted
This is almost entirely acoustic. Totally different from the earlier stuff. I need more time to get into it, if I will ever do. The only track that reminded me somewhat of their original sound is "Memento". It is a nice one. You may start by listening to that one!
03.04.2009 - 16:53
Holy_Diver
Well, this indeed needs some getting used to. I think they really have done a good job instrumentally, but the (female) vocals are no progress to me Its just not comfortable to listen to. I Do like the instrumental tracks though, they are good.
03.04.2009 - 19:41
bard
Well...It's truly nothing like what i had expected and anticipated when they said 'Acoustic Album'. However, I believe it's still charming and has the same inspiration that the previous albums had, just a different style. The only thing that really bothers me is the weird way the drums are synthesized, it detracts from the culture of the acoustics. The question is, do we really need another album in this vein?
----
03.04.2009 - 20:44
Janne
Hugin
Written by Guest on 03.04.2009 at 13:26

This is almost entirely acoustic. Totally different from the earlier stuff. I need more time to get into it, if I will ever do. The only track that reminded me somewhat of their original sound is "Memento". It is a nice one. You may start by listening to that one!

It can be because it's an acoustic album...
Nah I went to check it out
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.04.2009 - 22:47
Fhuesc
Not my type of album, but it's less awful than i'd imagined.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
03.04.2009 - 22:51
kaylamacgavin
I absolutely love the acoustics! This is so different than anything I expected, and I'm growing to like the female vocals. Eluvietie definitely did an outstanding job with this album; better than anybody else could have done with an acoustic album. I look forward to the release of the new album and the tour that will follow it.
03.04.2009 - 22:57
Magatouve
Account deleted
Written by Janne on 03.04.2009 at 20:44

Written by Guest on 03.04.2009 at 13:26

It can be because it's an acoustic album...
Nah I went to check it out

I believe I heard some electronic sounds scattered in a couple of tracks
03.04.2009 - 23:39
Janne
Hugin
Imo everything is OK with the female vocals. Why do you guys dislike it?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.04.2009 - 00:01
Classic Bob G
I can't say that I'm really liking any of the new songs. I love traditional celtic music to death, and I give Eluveitie props for trying something completely unexpected, but I feel that these songs lack the energy and atmosphere that drew me into them in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the album. It just might take a couple listens to get used to it.
04.04.2009 - 01:20
Mourningstar
Account deleted
I really really love it! o.o I've always been into folk music, so this is like heaven.. ^^
04.04.2009 - 14:25
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
A really great album , they changed the pace but they improved , more folkish metal but greater atmosphere , love this album a lot and specialy omnos the videoclip seems very cool i like the female vocals of anna
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
04.04.2009 - 14:48
Janne
Hugin
Written by Kimiwind on 04.04.2009 at 14:25

A really great album , they changed the pace but they improved , more folkish metal but greater atmosphere , love this album a lot and specialy omnos the videoclip seems very cool i like the female vocals of anna

Can we expect a video about these songs? For example with some celtic landscapes?
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
04.04.2009 - 14:50
Janne
Hugin
Written by Janne on 04.04.2009 at 14:48

Written by Kimiwind on 04.04.2009 at 14:25

Can we expect a video about these songs? For example with some celtic landscapes?

Or a part about Switzerland in the 'great countries' series??
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
05.04.2009 - 01:02
iaberis
Advice Troll
I't actually "Evocation I: The Arcane Dominion"
----
Bitch! Please
05.04.2009 - 01:26
MetalSpider
A really great album. Definitely a change pace from Slania.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
07.04.2009 - 18:47
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I'm listening to the album on their mysoace page presently and I'm really enjoying it, actually. It lacks growls so far, but I do like their accoustic sound. As long as they come back to their death sound sometime in the future, I'm happy.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
10.04.2009 - 17:07
Elio
Red Nightmare
What a letdown.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.

Hits total: 3831 | This month: 3