Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Scene?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 03.04.2009 - 18:13
Examples of bands
Polish scene: Decapitated, vader, hate, yattering, betrayer, lost soul, behemoth, dies irae.
NYDM: suffocation, immolation, incantation
florida: Death, Deicide, morbid angel, obituary, cannibal corpse, atheist.
sweden: entombed, grave, opeth (?), dismember.
Dutch: pestilence, god dethroned, gorefest, sinister, hail of bullets.
Canada: gorguts, cryptopsy, martyr, quo vadis.
Chicago: gorgasm and master
england: carcass, cancer,
German: Necrophagist, obscura.

Well? Which scene do you prefer?

I like poland because all the bands have this similar but unique sound which i love.

Poll

Which Death MetalScene do you Prefer?

Florida - Death, Deicide, Obituary, CC,
Polish - Decapita, Vader, Hate, Behemoth
Sweden - Grave, Entombed, Dismember
Canada - Cryptop, Gorguts, Martyr, Quo V
NY - Suffocati, Immolation, Incantation,
Dutch -Pestil, God Dethr, Sinist, Gorfes
German - NEcrophagist, Obscura
England - Cancer, Carcass,
Chicago - Gorgasm, Master

Total votes: 98
04.06.2009 - 18:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
To clarify how it is possible this user opened a thread.... we have no bleeding idea. It is a bug of some sort that keeps popping up every once in a while. Somehow it is sometimes possible for new members to open a thread. Has nothing to do with this guy being as Dutch as Lucas and I, so stop being PARANOID The_Black_God

As for the poll itself, imo it is one of the more interesting ones because it compares vaarious scenes with quite specific scenbound sounds.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2009 - 18:17
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.06.2009 at 18:10

To clarify how it is possible this user opened a thread.... we have no bleeding idea. It is a bug of some sort that keeps popping up every once in a while. Somehow it is sometimes possible for new members to open a thread. Has nothing to do with this guy being as Dutch as Lucas and I, so stop being PARANOID The_Black_God

The thing is that for a user to open a poll, there is no post requirement. The 100 post requirement is spread only on threads but not polls.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
04.06.2009 - 18:20
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by K✞ulu on 04.06.2009 at 18:17

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.06.2009 at 18:10

The thing is that for a user to open a poll, there is no post requirement. The 100 post requirement is spread only on threads but not polls.

Sure? That is weird. Cause opening a poll is opening a thread.
But that would explain it I guess.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2009 - 18:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 04.06.2009 at 18:05

Written by K✞ulu on 04.06.2009 at 17:55

Written by Guest on 04.06.2009 at 17:51

Sweden: entombed, grave, opeth (?), dismember.

what is (?) ?

I cant see some bands here, necrophagia is one of them, and its so weird. not?

you can't include every band. He mentioned a few representatives of the scene. (?) obviously means that he doesn't really know whether Opeth is a full-on Death Metal band. Stop acting like an asshole just cause you don't like this thread for some reason.

and Necrphagia is every band? its one of the very first bands which is very important in death metal and some ppl says that they are the first death metal band of the world. no he should not write about bands, he should just mention the coutnries or states or ..., it was so better. cause if someone doesnt know about death metal its better to not vote just with names of bands.

Necrophagia??? Sweden??? please send me a myspace or something else cause i cannot find them. only USA necrophagia.. are u sure man???
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
04.06.2009 - 18:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Deadmeat on 04.06.2009 at 18:36

Necrophagia??? Sweden??? please send me a myspace or something else cause i cannot find them. only USA necrophagia.. are u sure man???

There is no Necrophagia from Sweden, only from the US and they weren't as important for the evolution of death metal as they are made out to be nowadays. Pure revisionism going on once again.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.06.2009 - 21:34
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 04.06.2009 at 18:46

There is no Necrophagia from Sweden, only from the US and they weren't as important for the evolution of death metal as they are made out to be nowadays. Pure revisionism going on once again.

that's right man i searched even in metal archives but didn't find anything...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
05.06.2009 - 15:43
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 04.06.2009 at 21:34

lol, u cant find them? good, but know this that when I wrote that this poll is lame, it hasnt even a first post, then he wrote his first post, but if u had read the FAQ first, u would know that why I say this poll was lame and IS again. im out of this, enjoy ur poll.
05.06.2009 - 18:40
Abattoir
staff
Well I was hesitating between Polish and Swedish scene at first, but I concluded that to me the Swedish one offers the most good-sounding death metal bands out of listed above.

All these bands (Grave, Entombed...) are quite experienced and their products from their discography are more or less on constant level, without any big letdowns or on the other side ''great'' releases. Generally they are providing quite good death metal sound...
06.06.2009 - 08:23
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Honestly, gang, TBG is THE resident authority on lame polls... i.e. your "is Death Magnetic a thrash album?/is Death Magnetic a thrashy album?"

if anyone knows bad polls (is Doom Metal an Original Metal Genre or not?), he does.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
08.06.2009 - 17:25
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 05.06.2009 at 15:43

lol, u cant find them? good, but know this that when I wrote that this poll is lame, it hasnt even a first post, then he wrote his first post, but if u had read the FAQ first, u would know that why I say this poll was lame and IS again. im out of this, enjoy ur poll.

first of all read bittecold's post!!!
seconldy. you tell us that a poll is not good cause the guy that created it has no posts??? so this means that all guys with no posts are stupid, assholes and gays right???

secondly, YOU told as an excuse that the reason why this poll is lame is that it misses opeth (not death) and a band that no one can find. TELL US WHERE THE FUCK WE CAN'T FIND ABOUT THEM...

i beg you not to create a new myspace for this band...
----
08.06.2009 - 17:34
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 08.06.2009 at 17:25

seconldy. you tell us that a poll is not good cause the guy that created it has no posts??? so this means that all guys with no posts are stupid, assholes and gays right???

all of ur words is ur words, I didnt say such thing, I said FAQ doesnt let u to open a thread before u raise ur posts or have community points.

secondly: open ur eyeS : www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=406 , If you dont know about necrophagia so what the hell you know about death metal?

and in the end, where the hell is Sepultura? they didnt do nothin for death metal but OPETH did? where the hell is BRAZIL
08.06.2009 - 17:38
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:34

all of ur words is ur words, I didnt say such thing, I said FAQ doesnt let u to open a thread before u raise ur posts or have community points.

secondly: open ur eyeS : www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=406 , If you dont know about necrophagia so what the hell you know about death metal?

and in the end, where the hell is Sepultura? they didnt do nothin for death metal but OPETH did? where the hell is BRAZIL

tell me a word that wasn't yours???

about yhe link of metal archives it drops you back to metalstorm. put it correclty if it exists...

about sepultura, brazil had only them. no other band. so it is not a scene. also they were not death. ever...
----
08.06.2009 - 17:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

Like I said earlier Necrophagia are NOT from Sweden but from the USA and weren't really important at the time at all.

As for Sepultura they are a thrash band (yes, even their oldest stuff)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 17:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 17:39

Like I said earlier Necrophagia are NOT from Sweden but from the USA and weren't really important at the time at all.

As for Sepultura they are a thrash band (yes, even their oldest stuff)

but max cavalera is a death metal vocalist, and its very important Marcel. I know they are thrash. more important that opeth at least.
08.06.2009 - 17:43
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
And u cant say that casuse Necrophagia wasnt important in those times ( THEY WERENT COMMERCIAL) so we have to erase them. very well, lol
08.06.2009 - 17:44
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:41

but max cavalera is a death metal vocalist, and its very important Marcel. I know they are thrash. more important that opeth at least.

How can Max be a death metal vocalist when he screams (doesn't grunt at all btw) in a thrash band?
Vocals do NOT define a genre, the music they play does, so.... Sepultura is NOT a death metal band no matter who they have singing there.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 17:46
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:43

And u cant say that casuse Necrophagia wasnt important in those times ( THEY WERENT COMMERCIAL) so we have to erase them. very well, lol

I was around at the time and totally INTO the death metal underground tapetrading and stuff. Hell I have some of their demos, and at the time they didn't have ANY influence musically or otherwise on other bands in the dm underground. Hell dm only became more commercial about 10 years ago.

And like I said they are from USA and NOT Sweden (like you said)
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 17:47
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 17:44

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:41

How can Max be a death metal vocalist when he screams (doesn't grunt at all btw) in a thrash band?
Vocals do NOT define a genre, the music they play does, so.... Sepultura is NOT a death metal band no matter who they have singing there.

so u mean Chris barnes is a Rock and Roll vocalist when he sings Back In Black ? no marcel Max grunts man. but my important words about this thread is not about SEPULTURA. this poll is lame and useless with bullshit first post, thats what I say.
08.06.2009 - 17:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

those nectophagia my friend are from USA why you tell us they are from sweden??? GEOGRAPHY was surely a difficult lesson...
----
08.06.2009 - 17:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:47

this poll is lame and useless with bullshit first post, thats what I say.

Like BitterCOld said, that is priceless coming from the guy who is master in creating lame and useless polls about Metallica.
Btw, this poll is NOT lame and useless, it might be to you, but then you're alone in that opinion, simple as that.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 17:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 17:46

I was around at the time and totally INTO the death metal underground tapetrading and stuff. Hell I have some of their demos, and at the time they didn't have ANY influence musically or otherwise on other bands in the dm underground. Hell dm only became more commercial about 10 years ago.

I dont remember if ive said they are from sweden, and if Ive said I think I was intoxicated!!! how can I say such thing? cause dm is usa's music, then other countries learned it. I dont remember if I said, and if I said I was drunk I think sorry.
08.06.2009 - 17:51
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 17:49

Like BitterCOld said, that is priceless coming from the guy who is master in creating lame and useless polls about Metallica.
Btw, this poll is NOT lame and useless, it might be to you, but then you're alone in that opinion, simple as that.

is CHRIS BARNES a rock and roll singer or not? is he ? if he is then I accept that Max screams.
08.06.2009 - 17:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 08.06.2009 at 17:48

those nectophagia my friend are from USA why you tell us they are from sweden??? GEOGRAPHY was surely a difficult lesson...

I dont remember if I said, sorry. I knew they are from usa lol, dont know when I said such thing and why, maybe I was drunk.
08.06.2009 - 17:52
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:50

I dont remember if ive said they are from sweden, and if Ive said I think I was intoxicated!!! how can I say such thing? cause dm is usa's music, then other countries learned it. I dont remember if I said, and if I said I was drunk I think sorry.

you remember it very well. cause we all tell you this for the last 10000000 posts and now you decided to answer...
----
08.06.2009 - 17:53
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:51

is CHRIS BARNES a rock and roll singer or not? is he ? if he is then I accept that Max screams.

ergh???? you say that CAVALERA SOUNDS LIKE BARNES???
----
08.06.2009 - 17:54
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 08.06.2009 at 17:52

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:50

you remember it very well. cause we all tell you this for the last 10000000 posts and now you decided to answer...

no no man, Ive read that all of u were talkin about sweden, but before Marcel mentioned it I didnt think that I said such thing. I thought someone else talked about it.
08.06.2009 - 17:56
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 08.06.2009 at 17:53

marcel said: if max sings like death metal who can he be in a thrash metal band. and I answered how Chris Banres song "Back In Black", have you heard that album?
08.06.2009 - 18:00
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:56

marcel said: if max sings like death metal who can he be in a thrash metal band. and I answered how Chris Banres song "Back In Black", have you heard that album?

man this is a cover... what are you talking about....???
----
08.06.2009 - 18:01
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 08.06.2009 at 18:00

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:56

man this is a cover... what are you talking about....???

Im in MS, but plz dont quote me in this thread thank you.
08.06.2009 - 18:10
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 18:01

Im in MS, but plz dont quote me in this thread thank you.

?? are you mad man??? you told me something and i answered to you...

as you wish!!! but please do not post again on this thread until the day you see that christ illusion is a but more thrash than death magnetic!
----