Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Scene?

Original post

Posted by , 03.04.2009 - 18:13
Examples of bands
Polish scene: Decapitated, vader, hate, yattering, betrayer, lost soul, behemoth, dies irae.
NYDM: suffocation, immolation, incantation
florida: Death, Deicide, morbid angel, obituary, cannibal corpse, atheist.
sweden: entombed, grave, opeth (?), dismember.
Dutch: pestilence, god dethroned, gorefest, sinister, hail of bullets.
Canada: gorguts, cryptopsy, martyr, quo vadis.
Chicago: gorgasm and master
england: carcass, cancer,
German: Necrophagist, obscura.

Well? Which scene do you prefer?

I like poland because all the bands have this similar but unique sound which i love.

Poll

Which Death MetalScene do you Prefer?

Florida - Death, Deicide, Obituary, CC,
Polish - Decapita, Vader, Hate, Behemoth
Sweden - Grave, Entombed, Dismember
Canada - Cryptop, Gorguts, Martyr, Quo V
NY - Suffocati, Immolation, Incantation,
Dutch -Pestil, God Dethr, Sinist, Gorfes
German - NEcrophagist, Obscura
England - Cancer, Carcass,
Chicago - Gorgasm, Master

Total votes: 98
08.06.2009 - 18:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:51

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.06.2009 at 17:49

Written by Guest on 08.06.2009 at 17:47

this poll is lame and useless with bullshit first post, thats what I say.

Like BitterCOld said, that is priceless coming from the guy who is master in creating lame and useless polls about Metallica.
Btw, this poll is NOT lame and useless, it might be to you, but then you're alone in that opinion, simple as that.

is CHRIS BARNES a rock and roll singer or not? is he ? if he is then I accept that Max screams.

Chris grunts, but like I said the way someone sings does not define what genre a band plays. If King Diamond grunted that would NOT make Mercyful Fate or the band King Diamond death metal. So, even if Max grunts that does NOT make Seputura death metal. What's so hard to understand about that?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.06.2009 - 18:36
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah. It's like calling 3IOB death metal because Jamie Hooper has that harsh vocals thing goin on.

As for my vote, hmm...well, it's hard to say. Florida and Sweden have some of the best old school shit, but then again poland and new york have some awsome DM bands as well. I don't think I can vote atm. I just don't think I have a decided preference...
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.06.2009 - 01:01
Got Mayhem?

I realized that I listen to Polish death metal the most so....thats where my vote went.
----
09.06.2009 - 01:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Assuming that this poll is based upon the height of each scene, as opposed to their current state, my vote would go to Florida.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.06.2009 - 17:49
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Polish by far! (its a secret that im half polish!) :]
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
09.07.2009 - 20:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VaronoZz on 10.06.2009 at 17:49

Polish by far! (its a secret that im half polish!) :]

man in thet case you shood know more about early 90's secend scene its best DM scene in world after Swe
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.07.2009 - 21:35
Hellkommando

Would be mainly the American stuff for me with some of the Polish, I found it quite interesting actually, lol.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
13.07.2009 - 10:00
astrozombie

I would have to say Florida but Sweden is a close 2nd love Grave and the other two as well
13.07.2009 - 19:23
theflyingmachine

The more I listen to it, the more I think that the Japanese DM scene is one of the best. I dunno if I'd take them over the New York scene, but at least half of the other scenes listed in this poll are inferior IMO. Bands like Vomit Remnants, Gorevent, Infernal Revulsion, Disconformity, and Infected Malignity (early) are fucking sick.
16.07.2009 - 20:46
Ankläger

TXDM
Devourment, Disfigured, Viral Load, Insidious Decrepancy, Sarcolytic, Absu (demos), Embalmed, Prophecy, Aversion To Life, Scattered Remains, Martyed; mostly brutal/slam death, but some old school.
17.07.2009 - 16:27
theflyingmachine

Written by Ankläger on 16.07.2009 at 20:46

TXDM
Devourment, Disfigured, Viral Load, Insidious Decrepancy, Sarcolytic, Absu (demos), Embalmed, Prophecy, Aversion To Life, Scattered Remains, Martyed; mostly brutal/slam death, but some old school.

Not bad. I'd take this scene over most of the scenes listed in the poll options as well.
22.07.2009 - 07:43
wormdrink414

Very difficult. Florida, Poland, and Sweden all deserve votes.
18.09.2009 - 17:28
Guib
Thrash Talker
Its florida for me... without a second thought

why ?

heres why..

Death, Atheist, Obituary

don't need much more explanations now doesn't it ?

WAIT WAIt...
actually.. I would say both Canada and Florida.. (but ima vote florida)

anyone here that never heard of Martyr and Quo vadis
should really take a look at those two bands, cos they fucking own
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.09.2009 - 18:43
KMR

Back in 90's Florida's and Swedish scene offered way more than today whole world scene can.. But nowadays none of region can clearly be the best.

But today can't really decide what region is most active, I'd go for Polish, maybe bacause I'm really close to this scene and I see how many positive changes were made since last few years, starting from marketing and distribution stuff ending on quality of the music bands can provide. It's the time where many bands got attention they deserve, happily I'm looking forward for futher progress here in Poland.
----
Nothing is sacred.
24.09.2009 - 04:55
MetallicA

I voted Polish...the death metal that comes out of there is just brutal! One band not mentioned: Hell-Born. Fucking awesome Polish death metal! Go listen, now!

A close second would be England. Thee's alot of great bands out of there, for me most notably Bolt Thrower! They're another one of my all time favorites.

My 3rd choice would have been the US in general...this country is so damn big and bands move around alot, for instance the guys in Athiest live in Atlanta now (where I live). Well, I think their lead singer still lives in Florida haha. It's hard for me to split it up by region here. Someone mentioned Texas...I think Exulcerate is from there as well...they're more of a grindcore band though.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.09.2009 - 05:08
MetallicA

Written by Guest on 04.04.2009 at 07:33

Written by Bad English on 04.04.2009 at 01:49

Canada: Quoe Vadis, Gorguts and others in list is good cant name others

Augury, Cryptopsy, Despised Icon, Ghoulunatics, Kataklysm, Martyr, and Neuraxis are all death metal bands I saw live in the kickass Montreal scene...

I forgot about Neuraxis. I saw them probably 3 or 4 years ago...great band!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
24.09.2009 - 07:02
danielllewis

I'd have to say polish. Vader, Decapitated, and Behemoth are 3 of my favourite dm bands.

NY is a close second though, because they have suffocation, and cc (they're not from florida)
----
05.12.2009 - 07:02
SatyriconChick

No contest at all, as far as I'm concerned. The Swedish scene has all the best death metal bands, music and albums.
02.10.2010 - 07:55
Mad Mike

There a bit of a fail here... Cannibal Corpse were in the Buffalo scene, not florida... speaking of which... where the fuck is the buffalo scene in this poll?
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
02.10.2010 - 17:22
theflyingmachine

Written by Mad Mike on 02.10.2010 at 07:55

There a bit of a fail here... Cannibal Corpse were in the Buffalo scene, not florida... speaking of which... where the fuck is the buffalo scene in this poll?

I thought that they started out in Buffalo, but ended up in Florida. Plus, what other Buffalo DM band is great?
03.10.2010 - 19:23
Guib
Thrash Talker
The Best scene is without any doubt... The Canadian one, not only because I'm from canada but theres a bit of that too
Anyways, Quo vadis is incredible and Martyr aswell...
Putting my nationality aside... I would probly say that Florida is the most important Death Scene
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.05.2011 - 23:26
Ghostdancer

Speaking strictly in terms of old school...Florida followed closely by Sweden.
----
"Bullshit! You didn't convince me!"
17.05.2011 - 00:06
Horus

Florida- death, atheist, cynic
17.05.2011 - 00:14
king_matt

Florida, as Death, Obituary, and Cannibal Corpse are some of my favorite death metal bands!

And technically isn't Behemoth black metal?
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
17.05.2011 - 00:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by king_matt on 17.05.2011 at 00:14

Pure black metal? Definitely not, at least not since the '90s. They've been playing black metal-influenced death metal for a few years now, so by all accounts I think people refer to them as death metal.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
17.05.2011 - 00:37
king_matt

Written by Troy Killjoy on 17.05.2011 at 00:31

Written by king_matt on 17.05.2011 at 00:14

Pure black metal? Definitely not, at least not since the '90s. They've been playing black metal-influenced death metal for a few years now, so by all accounts I think people refer to them as death metal.

I'm actually not a big fan of black/death metal, and my friend on another forum always refers to Behemoth as black metal so that's just what I call them.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
17.05.2011 - 00:44
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by king_matt on 17.05.2011 at 00:37

I'm actually not a big fan of black/death metal, and my friend on another forum always refers to Behemoth as black metal so that's just what I call them.

Your friend is probably stuck on pre-Satanica mode.

I agree with the majority that Florida's scene is the best overall for death metal.

Atheist
Brutality
Death
Deicide
Massacre
Monstrosity
Morbid Angel
Obituary

Although I thoroughly enjoy the Canadian scene (specifically tech-death from Montreal).
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.05.2011 - 09:59
Wraith

Flrorida without question, too many great bands. However Sweden is a close second for me. I just love those buzzsaw guitars.
04.08.2011 - 16:37
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Florida because it has most of the pioneers. Sweden is a close second.
04.08.2011 - 17:06
JD
Account deleted
I do enjoy the Polish metal more, so I voted for it. Florida is my second choice.