Metal Storm logo
Is Death Magnetic a Thrash Album or its not?

Original post

Posted by , 04.04.2009 - 16:26
Please listen to the album nicely and vote at this poll. The main goal of this poll is to enlighten that what fans think about this album and why?
For me its like a thrash metal album, specially when it goes to Kirk Hammet's solo's. Its not like 80's Thrash albums and all of us know it for sure, But I cant say it is a Death Metal or Glam! nor Doom or Heavy and doesnt need to think about Black Metal too! For me, this album "Based On Thrash Metal", then its enough for me to call it a Thrash Metal album.

Poll

Is Death Magnetic A Thrash Album or Its not?

No
Yes

Total votes: 167
29.07.2010 - 01:21
RavenKing

I think Death Magnetic is a trash album (read between the lines).
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
29.07.2010 - 12:15
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by RavenKing on 29.07.2010 at 01:21

I think Death Magnetic is a trash album (read between the lines).

That joke is so old, but it fits here.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
06.06.2011 - 12:36
algirdongas

Its thrash...but sadly not good thrash.
06.06.2011 - 14:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by algirdongas on 06.06.2011 at 12:36

Its thrash...but sadly not good thrash.

Agreed.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.06.2011 - 16:50
JD
Account deleted
Written by Nefarious on 06.06.2011 at 16:45

Just because you like thrash but hate this album, doesnt't mean its not thrash. As stated above, its thrash...but not good thrash.

Nailed it.
06.06.2011 - 18:29
Nefarious
Doom Knight
Written by Guest on 06.06.2011 at 16:50

Written by Nefarious on 06.06.2011 at 16:45

Just because you like thrash but hate this album, doesnt't mean its not thrash. As stated above, its thrash...but not good thrash.

Nailed it.

Damn I accidently deleted my original comment so glad you quoted me & saved me from retyping it
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
07.06.2011 - 06:39
Void_Eater
Account deleted
While I like the album, as a whole it is not thrash. Most of it seems to remind me of the lesser known black album songs. More groove than thrash, although it does have some nice thrashers on it.
10.06.2011 - 20:02
Guib
Thrash Talker
Thrash or Not ! That is the question.... to this I would reply that Thrash is in the eyes of the beholder... No but really Death Magnetic is poor fucking thrash... but it still is thrash unfortunately, I'd love it to be something else.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
11.06.2011 - 00:04
fabregassed
Account deleted
I hate the guitar tone on the album. It's not a bad album, but its not quite thrash. But i'd hate Metallica if they tried to repeat anything they did in the 80's just to please the fans.
11.06.2011 - 01:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 11.06.2011 at 00:04

But i'd hate Metallica if they tried to repeat anything they did in the 80's just to please the fans.

Isn't that what DM was supposed to be? A return to form? Looks like they tried and failed. Not surprising...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."