Yes, again

Liked band before this thread
Dislike band
Hadn't heard before, now like
Neutral stance

Total votes: 1
08.04.2009 - 01:33
Vunts

Firstly, I apologize for the subcategory. It's just really difficult for me to define the band, because the genres used vary song after song, and gothic does seem the most prevalent. However, if deemed otherwise, I wouldn't mind if I was notified or if the thread was moved.

So onward to the "band". This is a one man project from Germany by a fellow called The Lindwurm by himself. The project is not very old. There is an EP released in 2005 and a full-length in 2008. I have only listened to the full length, even though people have said the EP had better songs on it. The full length has rather varied songs in my opinion. There is industrial, black, doom, gothic, electro and some The Berzerker style grind as well. That already sounds like a bit of a mess, but the songs came out quite nicely. I actually heard some riffs that stuck to my head and a few solos also were played with a nice style. There are a few songs that don't have very heavy variation during the generally 4-5 minute length, meaning that they are either fast paced or slow paced, but most songs have varied tempo, so it might be a bit hard to grow accustomed to. The same almost applies to the vocals as well. The Lindwurm sings, growls, half-shrieks and shouts and I for one don't love the vocals. They don't annoy me, but they are nothing special at all. A note to make here, is that he does resemble Nick Holmes from Paradise Lost more than rarely. Also, they are using the same quote that was utilized in Children of Bodom's song - Follow the Reaper, only this goes on a bit longer.

It's fairly simple to get their music unto your HDD, because his full length is available for download free of charge on a legal site. Since that one is down at the moment, I will simply post the link to their last.fm page (so you can stream or download the tracks from the full album) and add the other page if it comes back up for me.

I can assure you that this will not be sugar coated gothic metal here, but it still might not be your cup of tea.

Okay, now the page is up and running again. Here is the link to their full length and EP
08.04.2009 - 20:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmm I just listened it it was ok, but I dont like it so much its to much gothic how metal so, not for me
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.04.2009 - 00:47
Vunts

Man, it's already the second post where you've said my recommendation is too gothic for you Even though both bands are totally different!