Metal Storm logo
Suikoden

13.07.2006 - 02:49
AntaeusM
Elite
Ok, I have finished Suikoden V last week and I definitly think these fantastic games deserve a thread.

I have played(and finished) Suikoden I, II, III and V. I have played the half of Suikoden Tactics, got kinda bored with it. Anyway, the marvelous thing about Suikoden is that there are so many things to discover in(and about) the world of Suikoden. Every game explains a bit about this world. How it develops, how it is created, and the rulers of the world. Every time when I start with a new Suikoden game I lost all contact with the people around me, it is just so highly addictive.

It would be nice to discuss in this topic about the True Runes, the new Suikoden, and basically about the stories related to Suikoden(such as the stars of Destiny). Discussing about certain characters would be cool too. For example, a few things I wonder about:
-Who is exactly Leknaat? It is obvious she is some sort-of "ruler", but her exact role has never been explained. She only send different people to the heros(Luc, and in Suikoden V Zerase) to support them.
-The open end of Suikoden III, share your theory about the continuation of this story(anyone read the manga based on this game?)

My favourite Suikoden soundtrack is the Suikoden III soundtrack, especially the song "Blade", which makes me feel very nostalgic about many events from Suikoden. Same for Miki Higashino's "Gothic Neclord" which reminds me of the battle and story around Neclord. "Beautiful Morning" reminds me of a certain sad event in the game etc.

Ok enough talking, I hope there are other fans of Suikoden on this forum, it is one of the better Japanese rpgs out there. Anyway, feel free to give your opinion about the games

one last thing, "spoilers" are allowed in this topic, so you have been warned
03.06.2010 - 12:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Where's the love for these games? =O

The second one is still the best of the series, just everything about it is perfect: Charming SNES-like graphics, great music, huge game, like 60 hours or so if you try and get all 108 characters, fantastic story built around betrayal and personal principles and it has arguable the greatest video game villain, Luca Blight, truly the ultimate maniacal evil lunatic; anyone who forces helpless villagers to act like pigs in exchange for their life to then murder them anyway is always going to become a legend. And the fact it takes like 3 separate parties to take him down shows how insanely strong he was, and he was only human - no special powers.

The fifth one was also awesome, felt very much like a remake of 2 in most ways with a different story (still based on similar ideas). I remember the first one cost me £80 because I wanted to play it so much. Unfortunately I lent it to someone and they said they lost it. Wanker.