Metal Storm logo
Old Man's Child - New Album Details

The following update was issued on Century Media's website:

"Norwegian melodic black metal masters Old Man's Child, led by guitarist/vocalist Galder (Dimmu Borgir), are about to return to the spotlight with the release of their new album "Slaves Of The World".

The album was recorded at Studio Fredman in Gothenburg, Sweden with acclaimed producer Fredrik Nordström (Dimmu Borgir, Arch Enemy, In Flames, etc.), who had previously worked successfully with the band on their "In Defiance Of Existence" (2003) and "Vermin" (2005) albums. For drum duties and sticking to the tradition of bringing in a new exceptional player for each new album, Old Man's Child mastermind Galder decided to enlist Peter Wildoer (Darkane, ex-Arch Enemy, Pestilence, etc.) this time around, guaranteeing a mercilessly blasting, yet technically high skilled musical punch from start to finish! This extreme, yet bombastically melodic Black Metal masterpiece is rounded off by devilish artwork by Gustavo Sazes (Firewind, God Forbid, Krisiun, etc.)."

"Slaves Of The World" [cover art] tracklisting:

01. Slaves Of The World
02. Saviours Of Doom
03. The Crimson Meadows
04. Unholy Foreign Crusade
05. Path Of Destruction
06. The Spawn Of Lost Creation
07. On The Devil's Throne
08. Ferden Mot Fienden's Land
09. Servants Of Satan's Monastery

"Slaves Of The World" will be released in Europe on May 18th, 2009 (on May 19th in North America) via Century Media Records.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Old Man's Child
Posted: 10.04.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 130 users
10.04.2009 - 13:43
Kasper

Interesting.

Like the album cover.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
10.04.2009 - 13:50
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Already downloaded it. It seems good from the quick listen that I gave.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
10.04.2009 - 14:56
corrupt
With a lowercase c
The cover just rocks.
----
10.04.2009 - 15:42
poss

I can't wait!!!!!!
10.04.2009 - 15:53
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
Epic cover! gotta check it out now
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
10.04.2009 - 16:04
-Soulreaper-

Cant wait for this album to come out. Also like the album art.
10.04.2009 - 17:30
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
*sigh* whats with all this satanic bullshit album titles? I thought Dimmu is the over-the-top between these two bands but now OMC is doing it as well. sucks
10.04.2009 - 18:21
CreeperDeath

To me, the album is very medium... Seems like some trash/black with a taint of keys in background... Too bad, I used to liked this band... Still my opinion tough
10.04.2009 - 23:03
Symmachus

I've seen much better album artwork.
11.04.2009 - 01:01
Uller

Im just listening to it, its really good!!
----
11.04.2009 - 01:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Where's Nick Barker?
11.04.2009 - 02:04
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Hmm so far its ok, net very good like Vermin. The snare sound is TERRIBLE its like that "pong" sound on St Anger
11.04.2009 - 05:30
Evican
Ann O'War
I was eagerly awaiting this album. I think I'll download it and make my decision.
11.04.2009 - 15:04
clatrum

This album is good in the meaning that is somewhat diferent, the drummer as well. this is what dimmu borgir should do, but only of them are in the act so, is what you hear likely to dimmu borgir.. its great album... but still bellow those others from past
12.04.2009 - 00:24
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Oh good! it's still good old fashioned OMC. I can tell just by the track titles
----
Coldgrits
12.04.2009 - 10:35
Opethian

Looks great! Will be pickin this up !
12.04.2009 - 16:18
T_s_T

I'm so getting a shirt of this album!!!
13.04.2009 - 09:34
Jason W.
Razorbliss
On my list for the week to check out. And like many of you, I give my approval to the artwork Not one for the ages, but I love the color combinations and it's a classy design!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
14.04.2009 - 03:59
METAL!

Corny as hell album title and artwork.
15.04.2009 - 09:54
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Most satanic woman hair ever. and it looks like the Southern Storm cover. ish, kinda, sorta.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.05.2009 - 02:10
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Good album....dont be fooled by the shit opener on the album featured on myspace - its not a reflection on the rest of the album. Very relieved when I heard the rest of isnt all thrash like the opener. Not as good as Vermin, not as majestic and beautiful - this is a pretty ugly album actually. Much heavier and darker. Check out Ferden Mot Fienden's Land - the double bass around the last minute of the song is fucking EPIC. If you dont break your neck headbanging to it then theres something wrong with you!

Hits total: 5634 | This month: 4