Metal Storm logo
Manowar - Attempt To Break Another Record

After Manowar's last year's live performance to break the world record for the longest heavy metal concert, Manowar are ready to make metal history again... so they say themselves:

"Manowar fans, another kickass first from the "Kings Of Metal"! Striving to please the best fans in the world, Manowar continues to make history with innovative ways for warriors from all corners of the globe to enjoy metal at its finest.

Manowar is currently recording a song from their new album in 15 (and counting...) different languages. Never before has this been attempted by any heavy metal band. Stay tuned for video clips of each version as they are recorded with an indepth look at Eric Adams' odyssey into the world of multi-lingual vocals.

This song in its entirety will debut, along with new tracks from the forthcoming album, at Magic Circle Festival III on Saturday, July 18, 2009 at the Loreley on the Rhine River in Germany."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 13.04.2009 by Doom From North

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   Visited by: 237 users
14.04.2009 - 09:42
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Honestly, how hard could it be for them to sing in 15 languages anyways? let's see... "iron", "steel", "kill", "we ride", "poser", "sword", "sweaty loincloth"... that about sums it up. it's not like they are transcribing Dostoevsky to 14 other languages.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.04.2009 - 10:43
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol this is absolutely lame. And the posts above me are amusing indeed
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.04.2009 - 10:56
Raven Of Death

Manowar are going to be a magestic band
14.04.2009 - 22:44
GT
Coffee!!
That sounds pretty lame. I highly doubt that I'll be listening to more than one or two versions besides the English one. I sure hope the don't butcher the Danish language
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
14.04.2009 - 23:39
BMR Monkey

Langiages im preetty sure

english
german
italian
spanish
15.04.2009 - 09:22
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I want swahili. i wont be satisfied otherwise.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.04.2009 - 14:33
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I can't wait to hear their Orcish !!!!
16.04.2009 - 15:23
Talvi

Lol this "band" is pathetic
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
16.04.2009 - 20:12
Hrothdane

I want to hear a version done in african bushman.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
16.04.2009 - 22:31
Varjo

Oh wow. Beatallica recorded their last single in 14 different languages, this is just a lame rip-off.
22.04.2009 - 16:00
Judas
The Amputator
This is so ridiculous but so typical of Manowar haha. I'll be downloading this one for sure (even though I like them in a goofy way, I have long ceased buying Manowar's CDs because they don't need more money).
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
29.05.2009 - 18:42
Black_Handed
A village idiot
Well....id suggest sign language, and a capella preferably.
----

Cryptic Bleak Smurf of Ur

Hits total: 5232 | This month: 5