Metal Storm logo
Manowar - Attempt To Break Another Record

After Manowar's last year's live performance to break the world record for the longest heavy metal concert, Manowar are ready to make metal history again... so they say themselves:

"Manowar fans, another kickass first from the "Kings Of Metal"! Striving to please the best fans in the world, Manowar continues to make history with innovative ways for warriors from all corners of the globe to enjoy metal at its finest.

Manowar is currently recording a song from their new album in 15 (and counting...) different languages. Never before has this been attempted by any heavy metal band. Stay tuned for video clips of each version as they are recorded with an indepth look at Eric Adams' odyssey into the world of multi-lingual vocals.

This song in its entirety will debut, along with new tracks from the forthcoming album, at Magic Circle Festival III on Saturday, July 18, 2009 at the Loreley on the Rhine River in Germany."

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Manowar
Posted: 13.04.2009 by Doom From North

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 42   Visited by: 237 users
13.04.2009 - 11:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I wanna hear it, realy I wanna hera it manowar sinnging greek n bulgarian
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.04.2009 - 11:14
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Nicce, Im waitin for kings of nothings huhu
13.04.2009 - 11:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Lol i want to hear them in romanian

this is pretty non-poser of them tbh
13.04.2009 - 11:47
wrathchild

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 11:28

What is very poseur-like is that they announce it will be yet another record for the "kings"... If they had just written a song in 15 (or more) languages without the need for to publicize it as a record, then they might have had a tiny bit of consideration from me.

That's quite a useless type of record, just like all their previous records. Music is not another sport
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
13.04.2009 - 11:51
Enissa

Llolololooloool, thats a first, I wanna hear their arabic singing!!!!
But that would be truly unnecessary and not kinda thing to be proud about, especially like muscles and leather clothes!!!
13.04.2009 - 12:02
Slyfang

Are they still trying to compensate for their.. impotencies?
13.04.2009 - 12:32
yvesson

Hej,
This is the old esc (eurovision song contest) spirit ! I love that, and I'm also much curious about how they sound in the languages I know enough to have an idea, french, dutch, german, danish, swedish...
13.04.2009 - 12:48
Magatouve
Account deleted
Arabic Arabic please though it's highly unlikely
13.04.2009 - 13:02
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh, not again please, yeah, everyone knows I hate DeMaio, but this opinion is not biased, I simply think that their records are kinda mmm well you know, stupid (just like most of the guiness records and stuff), again, they just want to show-off.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
13.04.2009 - 14:33
Bas
Retired Staff
Lol this is just stupid

And I'm 100% sure that he'll have a god-awful pronounciation in most languages
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
13.04.2009 - 14:44
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
This is gonna be funny xD I can't wait for the portuguese version
----
13.04.2009 - 14:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Jesus H. Christ, why don't they just focus on writing good songs and music instead of this macho record breaking stuff. they haven't released anything worthwhile since Sign Of The Hammer. It's all image and no substance anymore with these idiots. It's bands such as Manowar that give metal a bad name.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2009 - 14:54
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
This is perhaps the most amusingly useless thing I've heard of.
----
13.04.2009 - 15:29
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by wrathchild on 13.04.2009 at 11:47

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 11:28

What is very poseur-like is that they announce it will be yet another record for the "kings"... If they had just written a song in 15 (or more) languages without the need for to publicize it as a record, then they might have had a tiny bit of consideration from me.

That's quite a useless type of record, just like all their previous records. Music is not another sport

I think you're just being bitter and sour! :

Though, I don't see how that'll work in one song.....
13.04.2009 - 15:56
VPeter

An other attention seeking act by the masters of fail.
13.04.2009 - 18:49
BFrost
Account deleted
Are they trying to become Spinal Tap?
13.04.2009 - 18:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guest on 13.04.2009 at 18:49

Are they trying to become Spinal Tap?

Trying to become?
They are already more Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap will ever be. Sad thing is that Manowar are actually real whereas Spinal Tap are just actors who have lifted their joke into reallife.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.04.2009 - 20:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Me personally like french or german versions of single manowar songs (and god fcks the pronounciation)...the news sound kinda weird but still i am interested
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

13.04.2009 - 21:31
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I'm looking forward to a Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Arabic and Gaulish.
13.04.2009 - 22:04
Varegan
Hamranakara
Persian, its like a dream to me
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
13.04.2009 - 22:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
This is too funny... is this to go along side their "Loudest Band, ""Most Loincloths Soiled" and "Most Homoerotic Album Covers" trophies?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.04.2009 - 23:05
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Bas on 13.04.2009 at 14:33

And I'm 100% sure that he'll have a god-awful pronounciation in most languages

This is why it's gonna be so damn awesome. You don't just get the Manowar-style-over-the-top-metal attitude which is ultra awesome, but you also get to hear them fail at singing in a fuckton of different languages and then you're just gonna sit there and laugh your fucking ass off as a result.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
13.04.2009 - 23:30
Odium

Someone put something en Di Maio's mouth...this is just stupid.
13.04.2009 - 23:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
This is ridiculous. Do they think this is the only way to get attention? because nobody really cares.
----
Coldgrits
13.04.2009 - 23:49
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Manowar are just too metal for some people. You know what they say: "Other bands play, Manowar kill."
----
The force will be with you, always.
14.04.2009 - 00:15
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by wrathchild on 13.04.2009 at 11:47

Music is not another sport

Wow, thats exactly what I was going to say. The longest concert thing was mildly amusing, but this is just getting out of hand. Music is art, not sports.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
14.04.2009 - 02:25
-Morbid-

This is stupid. Any band can go learn how to sing a song in different languages and record it, it's just that most bands realize it's a stupid idea and don't.

Imo the things Manowar are in the book of records for are things that tons of bands could do if they wanted to, and I think any reasonable person realizes this and doesn't give a shit about what records they hold.
14.04.2009 - 06:20
Symmachus

15 different languages. I heard about thi on blabbermouth, but I didn't read it. It's probably just another way to get attention I guess.
14.04.2009 - 06:52
Lord_Regnier

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.04.2009 at 14:52

It's all image and no substance anymore with these idiots.

Exactly. Manowar are loincloth posers, nothing more.

Like someone else mentioned, the pronunciation will most likely be god awful in many languages.

They deserve the record for "the band members who succeeded the most often to make themselves look as fools". And the only throne on which those self-called "Kings of metal" deserve to put their gay ass has a little silver lever to flush the water.

"Other bands play, Manowar try"
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
14.04.2009 - 06:58
Lord_Regnier

Double post
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 5238 | This month: 6