Metal Storm logo
Cain's Offering - New Project Featuring Sonata Arctica, Wintersun, Stratovarius Members

Original news, posted on 13.04.2009

Guitarist Jani Liimatainen has revealed more info regarding his new project on his MySpace:

"I promised you I'd give you some info about what I've been working on lately (for a year now actually...). The info about the new lineup was released on this months Burrn!-magazine, so I think it's time to make it official here as well. My new band is called Cain's Offering, the official website will be up and running hopefully already next week and you can find the Myspace-site here."

"Cain's Offering are currently working on our debut album, "Gather The Faithful", which will hopefully come out by the end of the summer. The drums were recorded at Drumforest Studios last November/December, the bass at Astia Studios during February, the basic guitar tracks were laid down in the beginning of March at Studio 57, and last couple of weeks we've been camping out in the woods with Timo recording the lead vocals. We still have 2 more songs to record, but all in all things are going smoothly.

Unfortunately we cannot provide any songs or samples yet, but when we get there some will be uploaded here for your listening pleasure. In the meanwhile, those of you who like to listen a big man bang on his drums can check out this clip. It's our beloved Hurtsi rehearsing before we went to the studio to lay down the drum tracks. I think he begins with "Disciple" by Slayer, before launcing into "13th Disciple" (yes, he has some sense of humour), song that be included on "Gather The Faithful". A few other songtitles include "Stolen Waters", "More Than Friends" and "Morpheus In a Masquerade". That's about all the info I can give you at the moment, but be patient."

Cain's Offering are:

Vocals: Timo Kotipelto ( Stratovarius)
Guitar: Jani Liimatainen (ex- Sonata Arctica, ex- Altaria)
Keyboards: Mikko Harkin (ex- Sonata Arctica)
Bass: Jukka Koskinen ( Wintersun, Norther)
Drums: Jani "Hurtsi" Hurula

UPDATE (thanks to Irritable Ted)

Cain's Offering have posted four new tracks off their forthcoming album "Gather The Faithful". Check them out here.

In the meantime, Cain's Offering signed with Frontiers Records for the release of "Gather the Faithful" in all territories outside of Asia and Japan. The release dates are August 27th in Europe and September 11th in the USA. The "Frontiers-version" will feature a red cover artwork, while the "Marquee/Avalon-version" will sport a blue one.

"Gather The Faithful" tracklisting:

01. My Queen Of Winter
02. More Than Friends
03. Oceans Of Regret
04. Gather The Faithful
05. Into The Blue
06. Dawn Of Solace
07. Thorn In My Side
08. Morpheus In A Masquerade
09. Stolen Waters
10. Tale Untold (Japanese bonus track)
11. Elegantly Broken

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Cain's Offering
Posted: 13.07.2009 by Telcontar

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
13.07.2009 - 13:30
Janne
Hugin
The line-up is fucking awesome! It can't be bad!!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
13.07.2009 - 13:38
Janne
Hugin
Aaand teh samples sounds great too!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
13.07.2009 - 15:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 13.07.2009 at 15:13

Written by Valentin B on 13.04.2009 at 16:18

Lol i wonder how this is going to sound

me too

i was sarcastic, i was actually saying "how the hell can this NOT sound like Euro-flower metal with those people in the band"
13.07.2009 - 15:46
P0werMetal

From the samples i've heard this is AWESOME!
13.07.2009 - 18:51
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Wow, very good! I was thinking this would sound more like stratovarious with timo singing, but it actually sounds a lot like old school sonata!
14.07.2009 - 03:06
csiga
Munin
Hey jani, and what about with the finnish army?
----

i survived the lake bodom!
14.07.2009 - 03:34
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Another project of extremes. extremely good, or extremely awful. and as marcel noted, probably the latter.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.07.2009 - 08:11
Eeric
Account deleted
This sounds like left-handed celesty, nothing special
14.07.2009 - 11:18
Italics

Listen to all the bitter Death Metal fans who are pissed because people actually like this kind of music as opposed to the incoherent shit they listen to. Suckers.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
14.07.2009 - 12:51
insanity.peppers

Written by P0werMetal on 13.07.2009 at 15:46

From the samples i've heard this is AWESOME!

Yeah! It's not as bad as I expected. Even Timo's voice is tolerable (just a personal gripe I've always had with his vocal style)
14.07.2009 - 23:13
Lord_Regnier

Written by Italics on 14.07.2009 at 11:18

Listen to all the bitter Death Metal fans who are pissed because people actually like this kind of music as opposed to the incoherent shit they listen to. Suckers.

Listen to the bitter Powermetal fanboy who is pissed off because there are people actually who don't like gay shit and prefer their metal more extreme. Douchebag.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
15.07.2009 - 08:43
Italics

Written by Lord_Regnier on 14.07.2009 at 23:13

Written by Italics on 14.07.2009 at 11:18

Listen to the bitter Powermetal fanboy who is pissed off because there are people actually who don't like gay shit and prefer their metal more extreme. Douchebag.

I listen to a handful of power metal bands and now I am a fanboy who doesn't like any extreme metal?
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
15.07.2009 - 11:34
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
There was a small interview conserning Jani's new band in one Finnish music magazine and he said that he simply go tired of metal after Sonata and tried something else at first, but then found metal again. I suppose this new band won't be anything like Sonata.

One thing he also mentioned was that he couldn't stand long tours anymore, so for those who think this band is doomed just because of those members who play in other bands too - no one ever said Cain's Offering was gonna tour. They can make a couple of gigs, but I think it's more like a therapeutic experience for all its members.

And finally for those who are still whining about the prison thing: Jani did some time in jail, because he didn't wanna go to the army nor to civil service. In Finland we still have this prison sentence straight from the middle ages...every other civilized country has given up long ago already.
----
You'll never walk alone.
15.07.2009 - 13:02
SexyCat_1113

I have a little despair, Jani's solo is so little......Of course,macrocosm of this album is great!
15.07.2009 - 15:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Could be interesting, especially with Jukka there. He is after all one of my favourite bass players.
----

Hits total: 6596 | This month: 3