Metal Storm logo
Norther - Announce New Singer, Audio Available

Finnish metal outfit Norther has announced Aleksi Sihvonen (Medicated, ex-Imperanon) as replacement for ex-vocalist Petri Lindroos, who had left the band recently due to his commitments to Ensiferum. Norther states:

"After a hard search for a new vocalist we are honoured to announce Aleksi Sihvonen as our new lead singer. He's a creative and diverse vocalist with loads of experience. He will surely add new input to the band with his talent and variable singing styles, and most importantly: his personality fits to the band perfectly.

Besides this we have recruited, our old friend, Daniel Freyberg [Naildown] as live guitarist to complete our team. We also want to thank all of you worldwide who applied for the new vocalist spot!

We hereby welcome our great new guys, Aleksi and Daniel, to the band and we will present you the fresh Norther line-up live soon!"

Aleksi Sihvonen adds:
"Sometimes life can take you to places you wouldn't even imagine going to. So, here I am and I'm very grateful and humbly honoured to be part of the Norther family.

I feel I've met the band I've always wanted to be in. Like every musician I want to make the very effort to improve my skills as much as possible and push myself to the limits and in Norther I feel that I'm able to use my voice as full and diverse as I've always wanted to.
I'm very excited on working on new material, practicing and playing shows everywhere possible!! See you all soon!!"

A version of the song "Frozen Angel" (taken from Norther's current album "N") featuring Aleksi's vocals can be downloaded at this location.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Norther
Posted: 14.04.2009 by Promonex

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 269 users
14.04.2009 - 19:04
The Thrasher
Account deleted
Wow he is amazing!
14.04.2009 - 19:41
metal2000
Cool, but why different lyrics
14.04.2009 - 19:57
Thorhalla
Hm...lets hope that he will be good like petri...but i doubt...:nono:
----
A mighty troll warrior sharpens his sword. He prepares his armour, binds his beard and tars his face. As the sun sets, he rides a giant wolf to the crusaders fortress. He slays the wrong-believers and feasts on their blood.
14.04.2009 - 20:12
tulkas
el parcero
Cool. aleksi was very good in imperanon, hopefully he'll be the sme here, or even better!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.04.2009 - 20:25
Janne
Hugin
Great news! I liked the new version much better than the original one. The clean vocals were awful in N but this time it's okay.
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
14.04.2009 - 21:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So far, so good...so what?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.04.2009 - 21:43
HyperDrifter
Written by metal2000 on 14.04.2009 at 19:41

Cool, but why different lyrics

i agree, dammit - the lyrics were fine as they were :<
14.04.2009 - 22:03
Infurnace
He's pretty good IMO. Nice replacement for Petri.
14.04.2009 - 22:04
metal2000
Written by Infurnace on 14.04.2009 at 22:03

he is really good singer, but why he changed the lyrics
14.04.2009 - 22:33
Galar
Wicked Mung
Hahaha Norther without Petri.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
14.04.2009 - 23:02
Infurnace
Written by metal2000 on 14.04.2009 at 22:04

Written by Infurnace on 14.04.2009 at 22:03

he is really good singer, but why he changed the lyrics

I have no clue why they changed the lyrics. The original lyrics were good, if you ask me.
15.04.2009 - 01:25
iMorphball
I prefer it... I actually prefer it. I love his aggression.
15.04.2009 - 01:48
Mugthulhu
I auditioned for the part just for fun, so i never had any serious expectations, but i was like "shit" when i saw it wasn't my name. But this guy seems to be exactly what Norther needs. A real man with some beard. I just hope they don't put girly make-up on him as with the other members.
15.04.2009 - 01:52
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Man, after listening to that clip, it just sounds like Petri isn't gone. Almost sounds the same (almost). That's what I'd like to call a great replacement! And Imperanon was a great band when they still were around! So welcome Aleksi! Hope this will result in some great stuff! And if Norther want's to keep up releasing new stuff every year, they gotta hurry write an EP right NOW!!! We want real, original stuff with Aleksi on vocals! Give us someting EPIC!
15.04.2009 - 01:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
Damn! I had totally forgot about him! He's a great replacement!
----
15.04.2009 - 01:59
Hellme666
Hum....Aleksi himself isn't that bad honestly. Never heard is stuff from Imperanon though, but beside the weird scream at the start of the song which I find kinda...well, as I said, weird, the rest of the song is good.

Though, I ask myself the same question as all of you...why the heck changing the lyrics? The original ones were PERFECT, from the first version, to the ones on "N". But now...what the hell?
----
Metal's Life, It Makes Me Live, And It's Gonna Make You Die If You Don't Like It!
15.04.2009 - 02:03
Fhuesc
Maybe im a little deaf, but to me he sound almost like Petri, except on the "clean" parts that Ranta used to sing.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
15.04.2009 - 02:53
METAL!
Hahaha his name is Aleksi.

COB 2.0
15.04.2009 - 05:42
iMorphball
Written by METAL! on 15.04.2009 at 02:53

Hahaha his name is Aleksi.

COB 2.0

Haha, they're very similar in many ways.
15.04.2009 - 06:26
Symmachus
Aleksi Sihvonen has large shoes to fill, and so does Daniel Freyberg, since they're replacing the sole musician of Norther that was in the band back in its formation days. I hope hey do well.
15.04.2009 - 07:43
kaylamacgavin
I was really disappointed when I heard Petri left Norther but luckily Aleksi is very good; definitely a good replacement. However the original version of fallen angel is much better than this (clean vocals)...
15.04.2009 - 09:29
Rozz
Alexi is much better then Petri, Alexi was going to be my guitar teacher in helsinki ast year but i did not have enoghe time
15.04.2009 - 11:07
kaoskrew
That's great news for Aleksi and I've seen him back in the Imperanon days and I'm sure he's up for a good challenge.
----
John
Kaos Krew Promotions
"Metal Music Facilitators"
Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk
15.04.2009 - 12:16
FeskarN
Great replacement! Love the vocals he done with Imperanon. Looking forward to hear new material with Alexi.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
15.04.2009 - 18:15
Dark Blood
The Avenger
To be honest I prefer the old vocalist. This one looks more fit for Metalcore or Nu Metal bands... like Vitriolic says, it's a good replacement but... well, it's better than nothing lol.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.04.2009 - 18:54
Thorhalla
Vitriolic Hate - Today at 14:13 Quote

Written by Rozz? on Today at 09:29

Alexi is much better then Petri, Alexi was going to be my guitar teacher in helsinki ast year but i did not have enoghe time

no Petri is better lol,Aleksi is a good replacement of course but he don't have the potentials of Petri!!

i agree
----
A mighty troll warrior sharpens his sword. He prepares his armour, binds his beard and tars his face. As the sun sets, he rides a giant wolf to the crusaders fortress. He slays the wrong-believers and feasts on their blood.
16.04.2009 - 12:19
DarkMoor99
Account deleted
Petri is better but Aleksi is greatttttttttt.
17.04.2009 - 02:47
Rozz
Written by Guest on 15.04.2009 at 14:13

Written by Rozz on 15.04.2009 at 09:29

no Petri is better lol,Aleksi is a good replacement of course but he don't have the potentials of Petri!!

listen to imperanon, alexsi does it good there and he is alot better then petri in my mind. Alexi is one of the talents of Finland thats unnoticed, now it's his time to shine!
17.04.2009 - 06:49
Classic Bob G
I love me some Petri, but this guy is almost a dead replica. He's got a really good growl to him

I, however, don't like the singing at all. I'm not sure if that was ALL him, but some of the clean vocals sounded almost like female vocals.

Why the change in lyrics? Was that part of the audition? The lyrics were WAY better the way the were before. Or perhaps Petri took the lyrics with him. I have no idea.

But the guy is a good replacement, I'm very impressed.
18.04.2009 - 10:20
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Well this is a good news, yeah maybe he can do it, in Imperanon he did a great work, there is a song on that album which I love, "Shadowsouls" and well it is the same style used in all this kind of bands, but still I think he is going to do an acceptable job.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"

Hits total: 7212 | This month: 10