Poll

The usual

Hadn't heard of them before this thread
I like them
I dislike them

Total votes: 10
13.07.2006 - 13:03
Vunts
Okay, so i discovered this wonderful band when i was listening to Vader. I'm using "media library" to browse files and i saw there was a (no artist) there with 12 songs. So i was thinking "why not, i probably haven't listened to those Vader songs in a long time" and then the second song there...O MY GOD. It totally blew me away. It was Death To the Living by Invader. The band has released 2 demos and are currently working on a third one. But the production of the songs is simply marvellous. Noone could say they were demos. They play a rather unique style of symphonic melodic death metal. And every last one of the four words is totally in it's place. The riffs are from melodic death, the symphonic parts are as symphonic as metal can get!! And the death metal vocals are awesome. I'm totally hyped up about this band at the moment and i really really reccomend them to everyone.

They are from Sweden, but don't have the generic Swedish sound to them imo. Though a few points did remind me of Hypocrisy. Invader has been around for almost a decade, so it's confusing to me why they have only released two demos and no full-lenghts...

You can download 6 songs on their homepage under the media section http://www.invader-umea.tk/

It was a very refreshing listen that made me write this topic with such speed. The best luck to them on finding time to make a full-length.
14.07.2006 - 07:23
tulkas
el parcero
Hadn´t heard of this band before, but I´m trying to download some of their music from the page you named. Hope it downloads fast and hope I like it.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
14.07.2006 - 15:32
Vunts
Were you lucky or dissapointed?

I myself discovered that their newer material has already gone over to the classic Swedish sound, unlike their older demos. While i still enjoy the new music, Death to the Living is still my favourite by them.
04.02.2007 - 01:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
They are fine.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
04.02.2007 - 23:43
Remus
The first 30 seconds or so of "Death to the Living" remind me vaguely of In Flames. I'm downloading the rest of the songs now but so far it sounds really good - from a musical as well as a production point of view!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
25.05.2007 - 22:52
FeskarN
Sounds really nice! =)
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!