Metal Storm logo
Biohazard

15.04.2009 - 16:23
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
American band from New York, play a kind of hardcore music with rap and hip-hop. Its actually very cool, their influences go from Public Enemy and Suicidal Tendencies to Black Sabbath. Many call their style ''rapcore'', their lyrics are usually about anger and cotidian frustration, and their attitude is always focused on the political and social consciousness.

I didnt know if I should start this topic here or on the ''Rock forum'', but they have some nice heavy metal influence so we can say that they are ''a little metal''

Anyway, I only listened to three of their works, and Im completly addict. ''State of the World Address'', ''Means to an end'' and the famous ''Mata Leão'' (the portuguese title called my attention). Their works are really worth a check, anyone who don't care about rap vocals and hip-hop influences will enjoy a good hardcore band.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
15.04.2009 - 16:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
They belong here, no doubt. They are not "a little metal" they are "a whole lot of metal" with a whole lot of hardcore. Actually metalcore as metalcore is supposed to be (just like Merauder)

Mmm, of the albums you mentioned I only only like "Stae Of The World Address" the other two are clearly of a band on the decline. Their best works are still imo Biohazard and Urban Discipline. Urban Discipline actually being the album they are most well-known for. AT that time they were at the peak of their popularity.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.06.2009 - 05:00
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I'd argue Stateside they were at the height of their popularity with the release of State of the World Address - they toured with Slayer and Machinehead (Burn My Eyes at that point) ...

Urban Discipline was probably their best. i never got their first album - the label screwed them on it and in interviews they encouraged people to steal it rather than pay for it... i just was not big on stealing.

they lost their luster with me quickly, too much macho bullshit... preferred their fellow NYHC band, Sick of it All.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.06.2009 - 15:17
Deadsoulman

I don't know their first album either, but Urban Discipline and State Of The World Address are certainly their best albums. Like Marcel said, this is metalcore like it was supposed to be, with a perfect balance between hardcore and metal and none of the pseudo-emotional bullshit that plagues the metalcore scene now. Mata Leao was rather good as well, it had a couple of great songs in spite of a few fillers, but it was the beginning of the end. I don't think the rest showed signs of decline. It was total fucking collapse. I've never understood how a band that had shown signs of brilliance like them could then suck so much.
29.06.2009 - 14:18
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Maybe Evan Seinfeld being married to Tera Patrick had something to do with it. Not enough blood left for the brain...
29.06.2009 - 20:36
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
The loss of Bobby Hambel after State of the World Address might also have been a factor.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
02.07.2009 - 22:27
Thrash del Sur

Written by BitterCOld on 29.06.2009 at 20:36

The loss of Bobby Hambel after State of the World Address might also have been a factor.

Yeah man you're so right...
05.09.2009 - 23:56
terrorist

Rap Metal??haahah this is comic.They mixed Rap and Metal and it is caled of course Hardcore:)
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
06.09.2009 - 11:45
distorted rage

Written by jupitreas on 29.06.2009 at 14:18

Maybe Evan Seinfeld being married to Tera Patrick had something to do with it. Not enough blood left for the brain...

Excellent point, also Evan began acting on the HBO prison drama OZ. Not a fan but Punishment is certainly a killer song
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'