Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - New Album Title Revealed

Polish extreme metalers Behemoth have set "Evangelion" as the title of their 9th full length studio album due out this summer. "Evangelion" marks the follow up to the bands extremely successful 2007 release "The Apostasy"; a release which saw Behemoth acquire the supporting slot to second stage headliners Hatebreed on Ozzfest which also featured Lamb Of God, Lordi, and Nile just to name a few.

Following Ozzfest, Behemoth co-headlined the Radio Rebellion Tour with Job For A Cowboy with support from Gojira and Beneath The Massacre with the band's final North American tour being a direct support slot to Norwegian legends, Dimmu Borgir. After a short break for writing, Behemoth entered Radio Gdansk in Poland to begin recording. "Evangelion" see's Behemoth, Daniel Bergstrand and Woytek and Slawek Wieslawscy as producers with Colin Richardson (Machine Head, Slipknot, Napalm Death, Carcass) set to mix the album.

Here's what frontman Nergal has to say; "I've had this title in my head for almost a year now and it grew on me. It sounds nothing but powerful and epic which perfectly mirrors the essence of the new album. "Evangelion" comes from a Greek word "Spreading the word of God" or "spreading the good news" ...oh well, you already know that we love to play with the meanings and symbolism. We're here to show you our interpretation of what "Evangelion" really is."

Details on "Evangelion"'s packaging, artwork, track listing, and pre-orders will be announced over the coming months so be sure to keep an eye on the band's sites and Metal Blade (US) and Nuclear Blast's (Europe) sites for further information.

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 16.04.2009 by Azrael

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   Visited by: 252 users
19.04.2009 - 04:37
trendkill-
Cant wait
19.04.2009 - 05:29
Emperor IX
Cant wait.
In greek, Evangelion also means the actual bible itself and the readings from it usually in church...cant wait to see behemoths spin on this one.
22.04.2009 - 16:01
Judas
The Amputator
For the umpteenth time, "can't wait".
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."

Hits total: 5614 | This month: 7