06. Corporeal Jigsore Quandary
07. Incarnate Solvent Abuse
08. Buried Dreams
09. No Love Lost
10. Heartwork
11. Keep On Rotting In The Free World
12. Rk The Vote
13. This Is Your Life
14. Crepitating Bowel Erosion (Peel Session, Jan. 2, 1989)
15. Slash Dementia (Peel Session, Jan. 2, 1989)
16. Cadaveric Incubator Of Endoparasites (Peel Session, Jan. 2, 1989)
17. Reek Of Putrefaction (Peel Session, Jan. 2, 1989)
18. Empathological Necrotism (Peel Session, Dec. 16, 1990)
19. Foeticide (Peel Session, Dec. 16, 1990)
20. Fermenting Innards (Peel Session, Dec. 16, 1990)
21. Exhume To Consume (Peel Session, Dec. 16, 1990)

Choice Cuts FAQ.
1.- Is Choice Cuts a Good Compilation man?

Yes it is, it has some flaws as any compilation does but Choice Cuts has great songs, it has masterpieces like "Corporal Jigsore Quandary" with the awesome drums (that intro must be one of the greatest ever, believe me that drum-line is splendid) the "new" vocals, and those great guitar riffs that go along with the drumming.

You can also find Carcass classics like "Exhume To Consume" "No Love Lost" and "Swarming Vulgar Mass Of Infected Virulency"

2.- You said and I quote "It has some flaws as any compilation does..." so what do you mean by that?

Well every compilation has a list of songs that "one person" (in this case Ken Owen) believes are the best songs of the band, Choice Cuts is a compilation that has almost every good song in Carcass "new" era, but it lacks of Carcass "old" period, in fact we can only hear Genital Grinder (without the grand Regurgitation Of Giblets) Maggot Colony, Swarming Vulgar Mass Of Infected Virulency and that's all, why we can't find other great songs? The album lacks of "Regurgitation Of Giblets", "Vomited Anal Tract", "Embryonic Necropsy And Devourment", "Ruptured In Purulence", etc.

3.- Dude you are a dork, why buying the album if I can download those songs and even better ones?

Well let me answer this one baby, Ken Owen thought about this very carefully, Choice Cuts has a great booklet (and not because of the pictures only) It has a very cool interview with Ken Owen himself, you can read about 11 pages of Carcass history, Ken Owen disease, etc. Not to mention that the booklet has some pictures of concert tickets, gore, backstage credentials, a lot of nice band pictures, and finally this album has 8 Peel Sessions Bonus tracks, the quality of those tracks is not as good as the first songs but at least you can hear "Slash Dementia" or "Cadaveric Incubator Of Endoparasites" when Carcass played them in the John Peel's Show.

4.- Anyway Should I buy "Choice Cuts" then?

Yes Buy It, it really worth's the money, it's a great compilation if you love "New" era Carcass, and if not I am sure you'll enjoy a lot the Interview and the bonus tracks. After all this IS Carcass right?

Written by Herzebeth | 15.02.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 62 users
18.04.2009 - 17:33
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Damn, I love this kind of ''compilation full of bonuses'', maybe I should finally buy this one, specially with their new era material, my favorites.

But it's gonna be hard to find it here..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 6725 | This month: 12