02. Fall With Me
03. The Lies I Sire
04. Bring Me Victory
05. Echoes From A Hollow Soul
06. ShadowHaunt
07. Santuario Di Sangue
08. A Chapter In Loathing
09. Death Triumphant

Look, I just cut myself, this violin sounds like a razor blade slicing my arteries. Now let me read some Shakespeare to you. Pain. Suffering. My ex-girlfriend. Religion. Violins as razors again. Crimson red drops of blood meandering like the wine from the Holy Grail. Your ex-girlfriend. Pain. Violins. Shakespeare. Latin references, look how deep I am. Bleeding love. Now look, I'm angry for a moment!!! Speed. I'm angry!!! AAAAA... OK, now, I'm sad again. Depression. Shattered passion. Violins. Pain. Goodbye.

Come on, we all know this is precisely what My Dying Bride does on every single album including the more experimental ones. If this is your kind of thing, For Lies I Sire will be right up your alley, just like all the other albums by this band. It's not my kind of thing though. To me, pseudo-romantic, overwrought whining like this is quite annoying, frankly. Truly depressed people don't broadcast their pathetic stories in 10 albums, don't recite Shakespearean poetry and don't threaten to commit suicide. They just fucking do it. Preferably in an amusing way, such as by jumping from a building on an old lady. Or by running into a mall with dynamite up their ass. Life is just a cruel joke anyway, right? Well, laugh at this, society!

For Lies I Sire is the first My Dying Bride album to feature violins since Like Gods Of The Sun and as a consequence sounds quite similar to that record. In other words, it is slightly faster and more straight-forward than usual, has more crunchy riffs and steers clear of growled vocals. The exception to this is "A Chapter In Loathing", a weird song with blastbeats and strangely screeched vocals, ironically the only enjoyable piece here. The other tracks follow the band's trademark template as described above and they do it... averagely at best. So if you love this band, the album will be a decent one, or perhaps a slightly above average one for you.

The music on For Lies I Sire has some moments but that doesn't take away from the fact that still, after all these years, the best My Dying Bride songs are those that throw their formula out of the window. Which is what I will happily do now with this CD. Hopefully it will hit an old lady right on the head.

Written on 22.04.2009 by With Metal Storm since 2002, jupitreas has been subjecting the masses to his reviews for quite a while now. He lives in Warsaw, Poland, where he does his best to avoid prosecution for being so cool.

Comments page 5 / 6

Comments: 180   Visited by: 465 users
09.06.2009 - 10:26
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by ravendeath on 09.06.2009 at 00:40

Well, I don´t think that the reviewer even listened to this album, or at last he probably just skiped the songs by 5 seconds. Otherwise this is a great album... not like "Turn Loose The Swans", but still great.

wow, how can you even count that album here!!!! this album is not comparable with alot of MDB's albums.
10.06.2009 - 17:17
Rating: 9
ravendeath

Written by Guest on 09.06.2009 at 10:26

Written by ravendeath on 09.06.2009 at 00:40

Well, I don´t think that the reviewer even listened to this album, or at last he probably just skiped the songs by 5 seconds. Otherwise this is a great album... not like "Turn Loose The Swans", but still great.

wow, how can you even count that album here!!!! this album is not comparable with alot of MDB's albums.

Why not? Same band and at some moments even the similar mood... yes, MDB are not the band to be listened anywhere and anytime.
11.06.2009 - 21:17
Fat & Sassy!

So I just came back to read all the posts since I last read this review, and well shit (123 posts!)... jupitreas, not only have you written one of the most enjoyable reviews I've ever read... but you also flared up one of the funniest bitch fit wars I've ever read. Congrats!

Billy Joel didn't start the fire... jupitreas did.
23.06.2009 - 19:30
MeloDeathViking

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.06.2009 at 21:17

So I just came back to read all the posts since I last read this review, and well shit (123 posts!)... jupitreas, not only have you written one of the most enjoyable reviews I've ever read... but you also flared up one of the funniest bitch fit wars I've ever read. Congrats!

This gave me a good laugh that I needed this morning. Possibly the best Bill Joel reference EVER! haha
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
23.06.2009 - 21:25
Fat & Sassy!

Written by MeloDeathViking on 23.06.2009 at 19:30

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.06.2009 at 21:17

This gave me a good laugh that I needed this morning. Possibly the best Bill Joel reference EVER! haha

I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
31.07.2009 - 20:40
Rating: 7
Solstafir!

Not a good album...forgettable vocals...
But I certainly do NOT think they are so trivial either as to only sing about their ex-GF...
31.07.2009 - 22:32
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Solstafir! on 31.07.2009 at 20:40

Not a good album...forgettable vocals...
But I certainly do NOT think they are so trivial either as to only sing about their ex-GF...

hehe good point.
28.09.2009 - 09:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Didnt liked this one too much...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

01.10.2009 - 18:17
BudDa

Didn't like it either..kinda..meh. I do like the review though. Nice work Jup..
----
Freeze! Step away from the hubris.
31.10.2009 - 03:39
Nicko's Nose

Ok, so I if understand well, you can't review an album that you don't like? What the fuck? If an album is good or not is a matter of opinion. This review isn't wrong, it's just an opinion. Stop being retards and insulting people just because they don't like the things that you like.
31.10.2009 - 22:33
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Nicko's Nose on 31.10.2009 at 03:39

Ok, so I if understand well, you can't review an album that you don't like? What the fuck? If an album is good or not is a matter of opinion. This review isn't wrong, it's just an opinion. Stop being retards and insulting people just because they don't like the things that you like.

but when someone dont like it can insult others yeah? its what you wanted to say?
01.11.2009 - 12:50
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 31.10.2009 at 22:33

but when someone dont like it can insult others yeah? its what you wanted to say?

I don't recall that the review have any sort of insult towards a specific person. Maybe a joke against the stereotype but nothing more.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
01.11.2009 - 21:39
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 01.11.2009 at 12:50

I don't recall that the review have any sort of insult towards a specific person. Maybe a joke against the stereotype but nothing more.

but it seems that it was enough man! take a look at posts!
20.11.2009 - 23:04
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Rates of almost 170 ppl says its near by 8, fair enough!
20.11.2009 - 23:36
VPeter

Written by Guest on 01.11.2009 at 21:39

Yes, butthurt fanboys who only proof by their stupidity that they belong to that stereotype.
20.11.2009 - 23:39
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by VPeter on 20.11.2009 at 23:36

Written by Guest on 01.11.2009 at 21:39

Yes, butthurt fanboys who only proof by their stupidity that they belong to that stereotype.

fanboys! huhuhu so who would buy albums and enjoy them, Im tired of this sarcastic words! let ppl enjoy what they want cause you cant stop them with this so called FANBOY or some other really kidish words. ppl likes it as ppl likes Uaral! or any other underground bands. FAAAAAN boooy lol
20.11.2009 - 23:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Plus! if someone doesnt like an album by an old band it doesnt fuckin means that all have to feel the same and you cant think that you are a Hitler! Fact says 8, but yes you can be old or Blind!
20.11.2009 - 23:43
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Oh please lets not get into this entire argument again...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
20.11.2009 - 23:51
VPeter

Sigh, I know... going in discussion with THE_BLACK_GOD is like beating a dead horse or trying to teach K7 how to spell. yet now and then we keep doing it.
21.11.2009 - 00:09
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Lucas on 20.11.2009 at 23:43

Oh please lets not get into this entire argument again...

I was answered this guy so hard! but deleted it Lucas, just tell ppl to talk about fans a little more polite! Butthurt is not a good word for almost 170 fans who voted for this album over here. this time I deleted my post, second time I wont. give a little politeness lessens maybe it will helpful but I have doubt.
01.12.2009 - 11:26
Headbanger009

With everything bickering between MDB and Metallica, I really don't bother. I like both bands, and to everyone who keeps bitching that MDB is depressing and shit, thats what fucking DOOM METAL is! These practically invented the freaking genre, and their not that shit! Its fucking DOOM METAL! What do you want, ballads about roses and puppies!?
01.12.2009 - 18:10
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Headbanger009 on 01.12.2009 at 11:26

With everything bickering between MDB and Metallica, I really don't bother. I like both bands, and to everyone who keeps bitching that MDB is depressing and shit, thats what fucking DOOM METAL is! These practically invented the freaking genre, and their not that shit! Its fucking DOOM METAL! What do you want, ballads about roses and puppies!?

really agree about MDB and Metallica thing. but MDB has some ballads about Roses man, not? our friend have problem with the love story section of MDB and ex girlfriends which is a little Brutal view IMO. I cant see any mainstream (I hate such terms but have to use it unfortunately here) album or such thing in MDB's works. they are always in the same mood but once. and its 34.788%... Complete.

the big question mark is here: why a lot of us dont like that(34.788%... Complete) album? , isnt it a really different album which has some new elements? why you deny it? if you dont like the same mood always, you have to love that album. or you can hate all MDB's works. why you choose old albums? all are the same, arent them? so how you can like old ones? nothing is changed you can like this one too. but sometimes we are old enough and cant take some very heavy depressing music, thats alright. dont listen to such albums and dont whine because of it.
04.12.2009 - 08:33
Headbanger009

I agree with Black God, I really don't understand why people hate MDB!!? The only really "bad" or un-MDB album was 34.788%... Complete. Sorry, i forgot about the roses, but MDB are one of the best doom metal bands and should get some more recognition. I mean Katatonia and Draconian sing about the same stuff, and are probably inspired by MDB, yet no one carries on that they're depressing or stupid. F*ck anyone who doesnt like MDB. Once again, siding with Black God, if you don't freaking like it, don't fucking listen, its not gonna to magically go away. :banger2:
05.12.2009 - 10:30
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Headbanger009 on 04.12.2009 at 08:33

I agree with Black God, I really don't understand why people hate MDB!!? The only really "bad" or un-MDB album was 34.788%... Complete. Sorry, i forgot about the roses, but MDB are one of the best doom metal bands and should get some more recognition. I mean Katatonia and Draconian sing about the same stuff, and are probably inspired by MDB, yet no one carries on that they're depressing or stupid. F*ck anyone who doesnt like MDB. Once again, siding with Black God, if you don't freaking like it, don't fucking listen, its not gonna to magically go away. :banger2:

it's not so much "fuck MDB" as it is "this album isn't particularly good. or inspired."

to be honest, i kinda like their "...Swans" album, but the others i have heard are mediocre at best compared to the vast bulk of the doom that has been directed my way.

compared to, from this year alone, Ahab, Akelei, Candlemass, Colosseum, Count Raven, Forsaken, Griftregard, Isole, Process of Guilt, Procession, Profetus, Shrinebuilder, The 11th Hour , The Gates of Slumber, it's mediocre.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
05.12.2009 - 12:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by BitterCOld on 05.12.2009 at 10:30

it's not so much "fuck MDB" as it is "this album isn't particularly good. or inspired."

to be honest, i kinda like their "...Swans" album, but the others i have heard are mediocre at best compared to the vast bulk of the doom that has been directed my way.

compared to, from this year alone, Ahab, Akelei, Candlemass, Colosseum, Count Raven, Forsaken, Griftregard, Isole, Process of Guilt, Procession, Profetus, Shrinebuilder, The 11th Hour , The Gates of Slumber, it's mediocre.

I agree with you, compared to everything that has been done lately... this is brings nothing new to the table and what it brings it's not even inspired.

Although I disagree abou the "...Swans", while being a very good album I don't understand why so many get wet dreams for it. The best one I've heard so far is easily their debut , although I like enjoy their discography until "...Kings" because it was with that album when everything turned meh to the max.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.12.2009 - 14:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BitterCOld on 05.12.2009 at 10:30

Akelei...

Just a shame they have only released those two new songs as downloads from their bandsite. They should have properly released them on professional cd-r imo. I'd better start beating the shit out of them to release it properly. But then again they are currently writing material for the debut full-length which should be relased coming summer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.12.2009 - 18:00
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
You can hate this album but again, you cant love this review.
07.12.2009 - 19:53
Rating: 6
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 07.12.2009 at 18:00

why?

i like the review. dislike the album. you are NOT my (or anyone else's) Moral Authority with the power to dictate how to me how should feel about, well, anything.

boo fucking hoo.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.12.2009 - 20:49
VPeter

Free beer for the mod who puts THE_BLACK_GOD out of his misery.
10.12.2009 - 16:38
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by BitterCOld on 07.12.2009 at 19:53

Written by Guest on 07.12.2009 at 18:00

why?

i like the review. dislike the album. you are NOT my (or anyone else's) Moral Authority with the power to dictate how to me how should feel about, well, anything.

boo fucking hoo.

I say normaly you cant.

Hits total: 16905 | This month: 15