04. Incarnation Of Evil
05. The Art Of An Endless Creation
06. Zohak
07. Infinity
08. The Truth
09. Lion Of Knowledge [video]
10. The Art Of An Endless Creation [video]
11. Live Bootleg [Empire Invasion Tour 2004]

This is not the first time that I write this sentence, but whatever I will say it again: Poland is a real golden mine when it comes to great Metal productions. No need to talk again about the legendary combos which come from the country and let's focus a bit more on some discoveries. Dies Irae is not a new comer and the band, which is composed of ex members of Vader and Behemoth, is definitely not in the category of the beginners. Though, I didn't really hear a lot of things about them and this really good DVD package will be the way to correct this mistake. Let's have a look at this lovely DVD.

First you must know that the concert featured on "The Art Of An Endless Creation" is not the longest one ever released. Sadly, the show was recorded during a festival and the performance is quite short with only 8 songs. On the other hand, this is really good, perfectly recorded and filmed one more time by the Metal Mind team. A lot of people were in front of the stage the musicians are perfect and charismatic and the music is great. How does it sound? Well Dies Irae is a bit like Vader, with strong technical parts, this is Death Metal but with strong Thrash and eve Prog influences. Dies Irae is clearly a technical Death Metal combo and I recommend it to all the metalheads who like aggressive music but melodic and technical one. Of course this is not classic Death but this is better than average Gothenburg Death and anyway the songs are all really solid. Maybe that some of you will say that it's too similar to Vader but the voices are different and after all both bands have the same roots so?

Oki, this is short but at least we have a ton of bonuses (more or less important ok?). First a whole bootleg concert (the recording and the video is not fantastic, but this is a bootleg) but also their whole first demo in audio on the DVD, pictures, biographies etc and their last album "Sculpture Of Stone" on an additional CD. This album is excellent so really this addition cannot be considerate as a simple bonus but more like a "2nd part" in the whole package. That's classy?

Good music, good video, the package doesn't miss of anything and gave me the feeling that I should try to discover this band a bit more. Nothing else to say, "Sculpture Of Stone" is a good DVD and you should try to have a look at this band as soon as possible. Let's hope that they will release a new album soon?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 23.04.2009

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 93 users
24.04.2009 - 19:36
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Nice review as the other reviews of you wich Ive read till now. Im against Bootleg dvd's myself, maybe Im wrong but its very annoyin when you buy a dvd - without knowing that its a bootleg - and then find out that its a bootleg.
25.04.2009 - 12:52
annodomini

Written by Guest on 24.04.2009 at 19:36

Nice review as the other reviews of you wich Ive read till now. Im against Bootleg dvd's myself, maybe Im wrong but its very annoyin when you buy a dvd - without knowing that its a bootleg - and then find out that its a bootleg.

So why then release a DVd? :O IMO dvd1s are to let people who have no opportunity to see bands live to see them live
----
the riddle wants to be...
05.08.2009 - 08:39
Rating: 7
a MasT

Nice review, I stumbled across the band on the net and really liked the dvd footage. Its always great and refreshing to see a real bassplayer in a solid death metal group. With the cd and demo included, its an unbelievable deal.

Hits total: 4913 | This month: 16