Metal Storm logo
Slipknot

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 14.07.2006 - 09:15
Outside metal one of my favorite bands is Slipknot. I really like it for all the ideology they transmit with their music and their lyrics, which I consider the best I´ve seen. The thing is, a lot of my friends bother me because they don´t like it for some reason, soooo I just wanted to hear your opinion about this band, whether you like it or not and why, and if there´s any other fans like me out there?
09.04.2013 - 15:06
FuckFakeMetal

Sid Vicous was a bass god compared to Paul Gray
09.04.2013 - 15:06
FuckFakeMetal

Written by Alex F on 08.04.2013 at 21:43

Written by FuckFakeMetal on 08.04.2013 at 13:04

Joey Jordison needs 3 drummers to play.
Joey Jordison can't even hit his drums

Its not metal,its pop.

I fucking hate Slipknot's music, but I would never deny Joey Jordison's abilities as a drummer. His playing style is solid, and he can fill in for just about any style of drummer on a tour. He's a fantastic drummer, but happens to be in a terrible band. Also, Slipknot don't play pop, they play a form of metal, just one I don't like.

His playing is a fucking joke
09.04.2013 - 15:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious

Sorry, I couldn't resist it!
09.04.2013 - 15:31
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by FuckFakeMetal on 09.04.2013 at 15:06

And what makes you say that? Can you give any examples? I stated that he is extremely diverse in playing style, which in its own is a skill. He may not be the most technical drummer, but you can't deny his skill in other areas.
09.04.2013 - 15:43
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Alex F on 09.04.2013 at 15:31
And what makes you say that? Can you give any examples? I stated that he is extremely diverse in playing style, which in its own is a skill. He may not be the most technical drummer, but you can't deny his skill in other areas.

The troll... Don't feed it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.04.2013 - 16:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Indeed, clearly trolling. He / She should have met the sound of silence.
09.04.2013 - 19:15
Lit.
Account deleted
Fuck silence, this ia a metal website!
10.04.2013 - 00:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Right, it is, and people too stupid to recognise that Slipknot are metal should be ignored
10.04.2013 - 01:29
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Its not metal,its pop.

I fucking hate Slipknot's music, but I would never deny Joey Jordison's abilities as a drummer. His playing style is solid, and he can fill in for just about any style of drummer on a tour. He's a fantastic drummer, but happens to be in a terrible band. Also, Slipknot don't play pop, they play a form of metal, just one I don't like.

Man he plays better than any drummer ever! What are you talking about? Slipknot and Bring Me The Horizon define metal! The theatrics and haircuts are so cool, how could you not like them?

They're 10x better than Slayer or those other ancient bands that no one listens to anymore.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.04.2013 - 01:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.04.2013 at 01:29

Man he plays better than any drummer ever! What are you talking about? Slipknot and Bring Me The Horizon define metal! The theatrics and haircuts are so cool, how could you not like them?

They're 10x better than Slayer or those other ancient bands that no one listens to anymore.

See, now this is the proper way to troll.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

10.04.2013 - 10:41
FuckFakeMetal

Written by Boxcar Willy on 10.04.2013 at 01:29

Its not metal,its pop.

Poser!!!
10.04.2013 - 10:48
FuckFakeMetal

Slipknot jokes:
What do you call someone who have played bass for 20 years and is still on beginner level?
Paul Gray

How many Slipknot fans does it take to change a light bulb?
They don't ,they just bitch about everything and cut themself in the dark

You wanna hear a joke?
Slipknot

How many Slipknot losers does it take to grasp the concept of real metal?
None, because the 55,507 sheeple can't grasp the reality that their music is fucking gay!
10.04.2013 - 11:56
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I think it may be time now to bring out the banhammer....

Oh, and "proper way to troll"... that's an anomaly surely.
10.04.2013 - 20:50
Lit.
Account deleted
Urge to unleash 31 flavors of hell... rising...
16.04.2013 - 12:12
Ziom

There are only two things I'd like to know:

1. What does the Clown and the other extra drummer do?
2. If their albums last 60 minutes on average, how many minutes do these extra drummers actually play? 5? 10?

Besides that, they're fun to listen, although 50% of material is boring and written according to a formula. They don't use their musicians enough and they could. They're just to lazy and busy changing this band into an emo-metal crap, under the banner of their emo-vocalist and drummer JJ.
16.04.2013 - 20:41
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 10.04.2013 at 20:50

Urge to unleash 31 flavors of hell... rising...

What's stopping you? Just unleash it... unleash your rage.

----
09.05.2013 - 16:48
Jtbmetal123

Well i dont know if anybody saw the article on Metal injection but They talked to Clown and they might have a return in 2014. If so, i really hope we get a new album. i want it to be heavy as hell!

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/clown-from-slipknot-says-the-band-will-be-back-in-2014-i-think
10.05.2013 - 02:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
I'd prefer they just disband and do reunion tours every 3-5 years or so.
----

11.05.2013 - 01:17
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 10.05.2013 at 02:00

I'd prefer they just disband and do reunion tours every 3-5 years or so.

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree. It's like Kiss; they're gonna be remembered best for their live shows because it's what they're best at. Slipknot are hella fun live; I imagine reunion shows would be bitching sweet.
11.05.2013 - 02:00
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Guest on 11.05.2013 at 01:17

It's like Kiss; they're gonna be remembered best for their live shows because it's what they're best at.

Don't forget about all the damn merch.
----

11.05.2013 - 02:27
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by psykometal on 11.05.2013 at 02:00

Written by Guest on 11.05.2013 at 01:17

It's like Kiss; they're gonna be remembered best for their live shows because it's what they're best at.

Don't forget about all the damn merch.

True.
I still gotta buy me a mask.
30.05.2013 - 07:09
Lady GaGa
Account deleted

Sid Vicous was a bass god compared to Paul Gray

That's harsh.

My favorite album is 870621345, but i like all of them.

They are both great in their own way.
10.08.2013 - 19:05
bloodyrenn
Account deleted
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 09.05.2013 at 16:48

Well i dont know if anybody saw the article on Metal injection but They talked to Clown and they might have a return in 2014. If so, i really hope we get a new album. i want it to be heavy as hell!

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/clown-from-slipknot-says-the-band-will-be-back-in-2014-i-think

It's nice to read something positive in this thread here, haha. I am trying not to get my hopes too high for a new Slipknot album just because it feels like it has been a long time since All Hope Is Gone was unleashed; nevertheless, I will give the new one the proper time of day when it's released, that's for sure.

As for Slipknot being metal or not well, heh, I've always felt it's a somewhat vacuous to argue against Slipknot being metal since they share so much in common with the genre's generalized definition. They have become a band that's common for "true metalheads" to beat down just because that's the "cool" thing to do within the underground but I've always felt it's rather silly and immature. If you genuinely don't like the band then don't waste your time and energy on them positively or negatively, just focus on what you do enjoy and if you are a fan then you shouldn't have to spend your time defending why you enjoy them. Slipknot has shown significant progression from album-to-album and are clearly interested in quality over quantity.
13.12.2013 - 07:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Slipknot Part Ways With Drummer Joey Jordison.

Quote:
To our Maggots and fans around the world,

It is with great pain but quiet respect that, for personal reasons, Joey Jordison and Slipknot are parting ways. We all wish Joey the best in whatever his future holds.

We understand that many of you will want to know how and why this has come to be, and we will do our best to respond to these questions in the near future.

It is our love for all of you, as well as for the music we create, that spurs us to continue on and move forward with our plans for releasing new material in the next year. We hope that all of you will come to understand this, and we appreciate your continued support while we plan the next phase of the future of Slipknot.

Thank you, The 'Knot
16.12.2013 - 01:35
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by deadone on 16.12.2013 at 01:13

I also don't understand why some idiots don't regard Metalcore as Metal either. Most Metalcore is just melodic DM with lame singers. And breakdowns have been in Metal for a very, very long time - listen to Pantera and early Machine Head.

Couldn't agree more. I sometimes can't even tell if a band is metalcore or melodic death, still... Some ppl insist that metalcore is bad and melodic death is good !?
That doesn't make sense at all.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.12.2013 - 18:37
Uldreth

Written by deadone on 16.12.2013 at 01:49

Totally agree. It appears to be just mindless elitism.

I also like it when it goes like "oh that band is totally generic and brings nothing new to the table" and then keeps on listening to their favourite melodeath/thrash/death metal band that sounds like everyone else in their respective genres and bring nothing new to the table.

Or when slightly unique -core band changes styles to something "tr00 metal" and they sound like pretty much everyone else in that genre, then it's "oh they finally stopped being generic".
20.06.2014 - 17:42
Ganondox

Written by tulkas on 14.07.2006 at 09:15

Outside metal one of my favorite bands is Slipknot. I really like it for all the ideology they transmit with their music and their lyrics, which I consider the best I´ve seen. The thing is, a lot of my friends bother me because they don´t like it for some reason, soooo I just wanted to hear your opinion about this band, whether you like it or not and why, and if there´s any other fans like me out there?

Outside metal? They are definitely a metal band, their early work is a mixture of nu metal and extreme metal, and their recent material is like alternative groove metal. Anyway, not a big Slipknot fan, I prefer more melodic bands, but I think their most recent two albums are pretty good, their most recent one is my favorite.
14.05.2015 - 05:05
Kristiko

Blast from the past!

"You can't take my soul away from me!"
05.06.2016 - 22:22
WayTooManyCDs

New album is alright, age has definitely taken a lot of the intensity out of their music, but I think they realize that and are trying to pivot in a new direction...I wouldn't be surprised if we one day get a new Slipknot album that is all clean vocals because it seems that is what Corey Taylor is most comfortable with these days and, honestly, as long as they can keep the usual disturbing vibe Slipknot is so good at then I think a 100% clean vocal album would be awesome
15.10.2018 - 13:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Update on new Slipknot record:

Quote:
2019 will be a big year for Slipknot. The band's plans for the coming months include the launch of a big world tour, but it all depends on when we get in the studio. Right now, the plan is for us to be in the studio early next year ? like, first couple of months next year.