Metal Storm logo
Slipknot

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 14.07.2006 - 09:15
Outside metal one of my favorite bands is Slipknot. I really like it for all the ideology they transmit with their music and their lyrics, which I consider the best I´ve seen. The thing is, a lot of my friends bother me because they don´t like it for some reason, soooo I just wanted to hear your opinion about this band, whether you like it or not and why, and if there´s any other fans like me out there?
17.11.2006 - 04:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 30.09.2006 at 19:04

Written by Guest on 27.09.2006 at 14:23

in particular slipknot are overrated, 9 person that can't equal motorhead that are in 3...
but they're milionaire... 9 assholes

i disagree with you, Lemmy has one of the worst voices i've ever heard!
and they are not too technicall either

If tehy are assholes just for being millionaires, I have one word for you rebelos: envy
And yes, Mötörhead are not too technical, and the voice... c'mon, even I can sing better than that.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
17.11.2006 - 06:25
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 17.11.2006 at 04:53

in particular slipknot are overrated, 9 person that can't equal motorhead that are in 3...

If tehy are assholes just for being millionaires, I have one word for you rebelos: envy
And yes, Mötörhead are not too technical, and the voice... c'mon, even I can sing better than that.

So you don't like lemmy's voice, but others may say that he has a very unique voice. That being said, I hate to admit it but, from a technical point of view slipknots vocalist sings better than Lemmy. But that is just one aspect, I mean, at least Motorhead can handle their instruments, Slipknot can't even do that much.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.11.2006 - 13:23
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.11.2006 at 06:25

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 17.11.2006 at 04:53

So you don't like lemmy's voice, but others may say that he has a very unique voice. That being said, I hate to admit it but, from a technical point of view slipknots vocalist sings better than Lemmy. But that is just one aspect, I mean, at least Motorhead can handle their instruments, Slipknot can't even do that much.

then how they come and are more popular than Motorhead?
(i am not a great fun, i just like them)
the problem i think is that they solded out on their last album and
are too much MTV kids and i don't envy slipknot! maybe they have money but i have pride
didn't sold that too to become a milionaire
18.11.2006 - 00:55
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.11.2006 at 06:25

Obviously you haven't listened "Vol. 3 The Subliminal Verses" its way more melodic, more down to earth and has some cool solos. About Mötörhead, I'm not going to debate that, it is simply a matter of taste. And I don't like Mötörhead.

Written by Guest on 17.11.2006 at 13:23

then how they come and are more popular than Motorhead?
(I am not a great fun, i just like them)
the problem i think is that they solded out on their last album and
are too much MTV kids and i don't envy slipknot! maybe they have money but i have pride
didn't sold that too to become a milionaire

They are more popular because of MTv, yes. But they haven't sold out, IMO. I like the past albums, but this new one is really nice, is more mature, like I said to Arian. And it's not a loss of pride, they want to make money, and IMO thetre is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You just envy them because they are millianaire and you're not.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

21.11.2006 - 14:28
Warman
Erotic Stains
I don't care if they're sellouts or not, I hate when people use that as an argument for not liking a band (except Hammerfall, 'cuz they are extreme sellouts, at least here in Sweden!). I just don't think Slipknot's music is very interesting
----
21.12.2006 - 19:16
PlasticMoonRain
Account deleted
Mick Thompson explains in a lot of detail how to play "Surfacing" onthe guitar in the new February issue of Guitar World magazine. As a matter of fact, the cover disc has a video of the man himself showing how it's done. If you're a fan of the first album, this is pretty cool stuff.

Drew
22.12.2006 - 21:28
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.11.2006 at 00:55

They are more popular because of MTv, yes. But they haven't sold out, IMO. I like the past albums, but this new one is really nice, is more mature, like I said to Arian. And it's not a loss of pride, they want to make money, and IMO thetre is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You just envy them because they are millianaire and you're not.

other bands are milionaire and they deserve it at least
in the last album they lost their unique sound... they were more Stone Sour than Slipknot
and that thing about envy is just stupid... around 213423453653456345 people have more money than me! why the hell should i envy them?
25.12.2006 - 00:20
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 22.12.2006 at 21:28

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.11.2006 at 00:55

other bands are milionaire and they deserve it at least
in the last album they lost their unique sound... they were more Stone Sour than Slipknot
and that thing about envy is just stupid... around 213423453653456345 people have more money than me! why the hell should i envy them?

I don't know. But that's how it sounded like. But that is unimportant. Th fact is that if you say there are people who deserve to be millionarie, some of those persons are Slipknot: They fill stadiums, make awesome concerts, make cool albums...

And yes, you're right, they sound more Stone Sour than Slipknot, but oh well... Both you and I know they do it for the money.
----

27.12.2006 - 13:07
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 25.12.2006 at 00:20

I don't know. But that's how it sounded like. But that is unimportant. Th fact is that if you say there are people who deserve to be millionarie, some of those persons are Slipknot: They fill stadiums, make awesome concerts, make cool albums...

And yes, you're right, they sound more Stone Sour than Slipknot, but oh well... Both you and I know they do it for the money.

exactly (let's forget the envy thing) they fo it for the money! maybe it's good but it's NOT Slipknot
i thing i will never hear songs like Liberate, Spit It Out or Surfacing again...
27.12.2006 - 14:07
Basso
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 21.11.2006 at 14:28

I don't care if they're sellouts or not, I hate when people use that as an argument for not liking a band (except Hammerfall, 'cuz they are extreme sellouts, at least here in Sweden!). I just don't think Slipknot's music is very interesting

LoL, what a contradiction. I hate when someone does XXX and immediatly after you go except hammefall XD lol.

I dont really care that hammerfall sold out though. I mean its powermetal, no kvlt value to loose XD
27.12.2006 - 18:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 27.12.2006 at 14:07

Written by Warman on 21.11.2006 at 14:28

LoL, what a contradiction. I hate when someone does XXX and immediatly after you go except hammefall XD lol.

I dont really care that hammerfall sold out though. I mean its powermetal, no kvlt value to loose XD

Oh but please! It's Hammerfall! And since you are from Sweden you'll understand this better than others when I explain it: Hammerfall were guests at Lattjo Lajban, being interviewed by Molle and talked with Carolina Gynning in the "extreme metal" show Förkväll! They've also been featured in the magazine Okej!
It's possible that I overreact (it is as you said "just" a power metal band), but to see a metal band in a show for women aged 39+ were painful! Just awful
----
28.12.2006 - 02:00
Basso
Account deleted
Well look at it like this : Its powermetal, its catchy , easy on the ear, powerful vocals, melodic etc etc... Its perfect for a large audiance to like them. So what if the "sold out" when It comes to commercial apperances. Their music has NOT sold out. The music is the exact same cheesy powermetal and have almost always been.

Now I can write a whole list of bands changing their SOUND when selling out and that my friend is maaaany.

PS: Sorry for offtopic.
28.12.2006 - 15:26
darksun

the silliest and the worst thing i've ever heard.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
28.12.2006 - 16:09
Basso
Account deleted
Written by darksun on 28.12.2006 at 15:26

the silliest and the worst thing i've ever heard.

My post or this band?
28.12.2006 - 16:11
darksun

band dude.Don't take it personally:)
----
14.01.2007 - 22:05
drum fiend
Account deleted
slipknot is a good band everyone says that insturmentally they suck. well they insturmentally suck cuz u arent listening to it. joey jordison is a very good drummer.
16.01.2007 - 22:43
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sure, he is a great drummer and I think he's wasting away his talent in Slipknot.
----
18.01.2007 - 05:18
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 27.12.2006 at 13:07

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 25.12.2006 at 00:20

exactly (let's forget the envy thing) they fo it for the money! maybe it's good but it's NOT Slipknot
i thing i will never hear songs like Liberate, Spit It Out or Surfacing again...

Actually "Pulse Of teh Maggots" is a very Slipknot song, IMO. We must accept the guys are growing up as musicians, they are realising that they don't have to scream for everything.

PD: Sorry for the belated answer, I was traveling.
----

22.02.2007 - 05:39
devildriver86

i really dont understand how ppl can really think there are a great band i mean ppl say that joey is such a good drummer u want to listen to good drumming listen to john boecklin of DevilDriver now he is a pretty good drummer but they are just a fad for ppl who think they are real metal but soon it will end and ppl will realize that there are alot better bands out there
22.02.2007 - 06:17
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Im no Devil Driver Enthusiast but even I can agree with the dude above me. Becuase joey's capable of playing more than a simple beat AND being in a Overated/Mallcore/sellout band, he will get FAR more credit than he deserves. Hell 3 drummers that come to mind: Richard Christy( Former Death), Michael van dyne(Former Arsis), and George Kollias(Nile) surpass Joey greatley just arnt endorsed by over 5000 Lameass Franchises like Hot Topic therefore they wont be credited.

Slipknot is about as metal as ICP. Hell they're even lower than ICP, and thats pretty fucking low. They have sold 3 albums yet are as rich as bill gates...thats saying A lot. Lets Face it Slipknot are NOT metal, they are a fad for ugly overweight girls, and mall-enjoying Faggots.
22.02.2007 - 07:57
Asat0r

Written by Guest on 22.02.2007 at 06:17

Im no Devil Driver Enthusiast but even I can agree with the dude above me. Becuase joey's capable of playing more than a simple beat AND being in a Overated/Mallcore/sellout band, he will get FAR more credit than he deserves. Hell 3 drummers that come to mind: Richard Christy( Former Death), Michael van dyne(Former Arsis), and George Kollias(Nile) surpass Joey greatley just arnt endorsed by over 5000 Lameass Franchises like Hot Topic therefore they wont be credited.

Slipknot is about as metal as ICP. Hell they're even lower than ICP, and thats pretty fucking low. They have sold 3 albums yet are as rich as bill gates...thats saying A lot. Lets Face it Slipknot are NOT metal, they are a fad for ugly overweight girls, and mall-enjoying Faggots.

Uh, that's not true. They may not have half the talent as most other metal bands, but they're still considered metal. If you can give me an intelligent answer as to what genre they are other than metal I'll retract this. But they are metal, nu metal, but that's still metal. I actually enjoy some of their stuff, yet again not as much as other "real" metal bands, but that doesn't make me hate the band.
22.02.2007 - 17:49
Warman
Erotic Stains
Of course Slipknot is metal, no doubt about it. We metalheadz just have to face that certain sucky bands in fact do play metal
----
24.02.2007 - 01:07
piggy
Account deleted
IT actually sounded like you guys were saying Slipknot > Motorhead. That's a metalhead sin. :|
25.02.2007 - 22:25
rebelos
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 01:07

IT actually sounded like you guys were saying Slipknot > Motorhead. That's a metalhead sin. :|

i am saying this
26.02.2007 - 01:23
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 25.02.2007 at 22:25

Written by Guest on 24.02.2007 at 01:07

i am saying this

So am I. Slipknot > Motorhead.
----

26.02.2007 - 02:52
Strid
Account deleted
<hippieness>
why must we fight....peace, love, and respecting different opinions.....
*floats out in a cloud of incense*

(yeah, I like Slipknot....so what if they're not AS metal as everyone'd like, they're cool at what they do, and never said they were the most metal ever)
28.02.2007 - 02:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by devildriver86 on 22.02.2007 at 05:39

i really dont understand how ppl can really think there are a great band i mean ppl say that joey is such a good drummer u want to listen to good drumming listen to john boecklin of DevilDriver now he is a pretty good drummer but they are just a fad for ppl who think they are real metal but soon it will end and ppl will realize that there are alot better bands out there

Agreed, now im not saying Joey is bad, but like he said, theres so much better, after seeing john boecklin youll realize he absolutely rapes joey. And I can honestly say I havent met a single Slipknot fan whos been a fan for more than like a year or 2. they are a bit of a fad band.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.02.2007 - 04:33
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
A bit? more like extreme fad band.
28.02.2007 - 23:55
tulkas
el parcero
I dare say I've been a Slipknot fan for over 2 years
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
01.03.2007 - 01:55
darksun

Slipknot just sucks.No word left to say for now
----