Metal Storm logo
Rob Halford - Launches New Apparel Company

Press release:

The world of Rock and Roll has one Metal God - Rob Halford. The multi-Gold and Platinum Producer, Songwriter, Vocalist has graced the world's largest stages for decades leading his revolutionary solo acts: Halford, Fight and the legendary Judas Priest.

Developing new standards for the Rock and Metal genres with blazing vocals, dynamic themes, adorned head-to-toe in glass, leather and steel - The Metal God is universally recognized as an artist whom continually inspires and drives today's global Hard Rock industry.

With an eye on defining consumer-fashions for today's Rock and Roll lifestyles, Metal God Entertainment and Rob Halford are pleased to debut a new garment entity: Metal God Apparel.

With Pre-sale beginning today and shipments commencing June 15, 2009 Metal God Apparel will debut dozens of new, edgy-designs this year for youth, teens, men and women. Metal God Apparel re-produced on custom-dyed, cotton tees integrating the newest fashion technology, resulting in an extremely attractive, lightweight, soft-to-touch, active-wear for today's global music audiences.

Please visit http://www.MetalGodApparel.com for more details.

Band profile: Halford
Posted: 28.04.2009 by Ivan

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 34   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 169 users
28.04.2009 - 14:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Cool stuff
28.04.2009 - 15:21
bard
They have a viking looking thunder god t-shirt that says Zeus on it...discouraging.
----
28.04.2009 - 15:52
Zergaloth
Why do they always try to fit the drawing all over the shirt. a well-placed single logo or drawing has much more power.
28.04.2009 - 16:03
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Obviously because some ppl hv bad taste and they keep doing it to feed the market.
----
loves 小巫
28.04.2009 - 16:43
Zergaloth
Obviously
28.04.2009 - 16:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Bah, posers.. *starts listening to British Steel*
28.04.2009 - 17:04
Eddie Misery
Judas Priest / Rob Halford are fucking awesome. But this...this just sucks.

I have a hard time finding anything new to wear for performing as it is, and while reading this I start thinking "oh cool, maybe some cool leather shit?"

I click the link and I'm greeted by a series of "fashionable" FAIL clothing.
28.04.2009 - 18:05
Götter
elite
Some of them are really good-looking - too bad they cost so much. And I do like shirts that have drawings all over them, at least if the drawing is well done and colorful. Like the shirts for Behemoth's newer albums.

But I was also expecting to find leather items here.
28.04.2009 - 18:46
Icedburden
I like some of them as well....but really...50-60 bucks a shirt.....i might get a few but christ.....i dont think they'll be that popular with that kinda price
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
28.04.2009 - 19:08
necrovamp
Written by bard on 28.04.2009 at 15:21

They have a viking looking thunder god t-shirt that says Zeus on it...discouraging.

the zues design on the t shirt is what zeus is supposed to have looked like, it's only cus viking metal nicked the look that he looks like a viking....

They might add leather to the stock in time, they have only just started out...

To be honest, I don't think i'll be buying them, i ahven't got the money and more likley to spend what money I ahve on band T-Shirts
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
28.04.2009 - 19:22
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Who wants a shirt that are filled to the brim with typical metalcore-ish artwork, that says "Metal God"?

You can bet your grandmother's cunt that I sure as hell won't.
----
THRASH!!!
28.04.2009 - 19:46
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I like them, too expensive though.
28.04.2009 - 20:14
Abattoir
staff
Well first of all, I definitely would not spent that kind of money for one shirt and second of all, these shirts do not look so good to me...
28.04.2009 - 20:43
Bas
Retired Staff
elite
Some of them look shitty but there are some that I really like too
I'd probably buy them if they were a third of the price, lol
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.04.2009 - 20:53
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
How campy. Reminds me of alot of the boy tween shirts we sell at my job (and it a family friendly place mind you)
28.04.2009 - 21:04
Inlé
Written by DrunkenFuck on 28.04.2009 at 19:22

Who wants a shirt that are filled to the brim with typical metalcore-ish artwork, that says "Metal God"?

You can bet your grandmother's cunt that I sure as hell won't.

My thoughts exactly. Bad styling...
28.04.2009 - 21:29
Fat & Sassy!
elite
Hahahahaha!!! Oh god, what the fuck?!
28.04.2009 - 21:42
Feng
Some of the T-shirt designs remind me of some Guitar Hero art....
Can't say I will be seen wearing any of those.
28.04.2009 - 22:17
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Götter on 28.04.2009 at 18:05

But I was also expecting to find leather items here.

so was i... i came in ready to make some snarky remark about enabling metalheads to dress like they worked at an S&M shop.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.04.2009 - 22:31
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
That's totally metal news...
----
28.04.2009 - 23:24
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Of course hes calling it Metal God apparel. would anyone expect anything less?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.04.2009 - 00:30
They're not all bad. Problem is i can foresee them on the racks at Hot Topic, giving 'core kids another reason to feel validated: "we're wearing clothes designed by Rob Halford! He's like, a metal legend, right?"
29.04.2009 - 03:13
Hrothdane
I was really disappointed that its just stupid over-priced t-shirts. Come on, Halford! You are Mr. Hell-Bent-for-Leather! This clothing just looks like generic stuff I could buy at JCPenny's or Hot Topic.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
29.04.2009 - 03:45
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Much better shirt for a third of the price: http://www.cafepress.com/unibrown.47914128
29.04.2009 - 16:32
Carrion Misery
I don't think 6 graders can relate to the slogan "metal god", but they sure can relate to the style. This might be the graphic artist in me, but I'm so damn tired of seeing those fonts! Especially in the "pray for metal" one.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
29.04.2009 - 21:38
wolf-dog
Account deleted
Where do you even start? This is terrible in every way imaginable.
29.04.2009 - 22:43
GULCH OF ROT
Affliction has cooler stuff
----
AND ON THE 7TH DAY THE GULCH BEGAN TO ROT

http://www.myspace.com/gulchofrot
30.04.2009 - 02:33
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Irritable Ted on 28.04.2009 at 23:53

Rob came out of the closet years ago, now he has reason to go back in.

yeah, i don't much like it either.
01.05.2009 - 01:46
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
First 3IOB now Him. God Damnit!
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
01.05.2009 - 11:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Arian Totalis on 01.05.2009 at 01:46

First 3IOB now Him. God Damnit!

I somehow doubt 3 Inches or Nike for that matter will charge those types of prices. Honestly, $65 for a t-shirt? Seriously? Are we paying for the manure the cotton plants are growing in now?

This is getting kind of disgusting. This is just a cash grab and a bit of an abuse of his own name. Anyone who acquires these articles of clothing through any means other than theft are pretty dumb.

Clothing line, cool. I'm never the first one to yell "shill" - but with those prices, its really hard not to. Maybe if they were charging 15-30 per t-shirt like most companies do, I'd understand, hell, maybe even purchase one, but unless the t-shirts are woven from the hair of Christ himself, thats bullshit.

I really don't think he understands that most metalheads are middle to lower middle class people...$65 t-shirts usually get you beat up or socially ostracized by other metalheads.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 6234 | This month: 13