Metal Storm logo
Songs To Get High To

03.05.2009 - 01:12
Gigginova
Account deleted
Hey there MS.

So as some of you may have noticed, I have this mad crush on Mary Jane
When I smoke weed, I like to lay back and listen to music, as I follow the sounds I achieve some insights as marijuana is a conscious/spiritual substance.
Of course in this state of consciousness I like listening to Reggae, Meditational/Indian Music, Classic/Psychedelic Rock, Psytrance, Hardcore Techno, G-Funk/Rap.
But I find there's very few metal that's good to listen to when high.

So far I've found that while high i like Katatonia, Isis, Agalloch, Swallow The Sun, Lost Horizon and some Six Feet Under songs.

What metal bands or songs would you recommend me to listen to while high?

thanks.
03.05.2009 - 03:20
tulkas
el parcero
Well, i thought this would be recommendations for any type of music... Still, first i have to agree with those choices of your. For me, reggae, and specially Bob Marley is always a good choice, specially if one just wants to relax and chill out. I also like some rap or hip-hop,but most people just get annoyed.
Anyway, metal hasn't been on my 'get-high-music-playlists', although i did try once listening to some BM but it didn't work, it was like a big contrast, and guess that was it. Like i said, i've never really considered metal as something to listen to while high. Now, i'd guess i could try maybe some doom, it could be. Novembers Doom comes to my mind, actually, or maybe some power metal, but i don't know. I guess while being high the best music to listen to is soft slow tempoed music, or at least something not as heavy sounding as metal
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
03.05.2009 - 03:50
MassacreofWords
Shakespearian
I tend to get lost in Opeth I'll get blazed and listen to Morningrise. It's pretty good stuff to just vibe to. I've never really liked to listen to reggae and stuff in that state of mind.
----
HORROR METAL
03.05.2009 - 04:26
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Just put on Emoeror:IX Equilibrium and relax. That album totally comes alive for this kinda thing!
----
03.05.2009 - 12:41
TheOwl

As you said Agalloch & Swallow The Sun are among my favorites too.
Also DEAD CAN DANCE! Highly recommended as well as HAWKWIND!

Works good for me:
MASTERS HAMMER
ELOY
KING CRIMSON
BURZUM (both early & newer stuff)
OPERA IX
JUDAS PRIEST
MAIDEN
ARCTURUS
and many many more
03.05.2009 - 20:14
Eldroth

I reccomend you Eluveitie: if you want to have a sort of "trip", just listen to "Spirit". The intro brings you in the forests of northern countries, and the second track mixes the celtic atmosphere with metal riff and rhytm. Besides, nature sounds make the whole album awesome (both for who that loves metal and who likes in particular celtic/pagan stuff)
03.05.2009 - 20:16
brandomaster90

Enslaved will do the trick. Put on any album by them and your bound to get caught in a good stoner vibe. Saw them last night in Boston and was blazed off my ass and had a great time!
----
Long live Metal
04.05.2009 - 02:38
tulkas
el parcero
I'm just listening to Flowing Tears, more specificlly their Jade album and this thread came to mind. it's a pretty soft album. just by listening to it i feel relaxed, and so it came to me, hey, it could be an interesting album to listen to while high. i guess i'll try it too
----
04.05.2009 - 04:06
Endoftherainbow

Something brutal as fuck like Decadent Orgy of Atrocious Suffering is usually good or something crazy like In a Flesh Aquarium. My favourite kind of music though to listen to while getting baked is brutal death metal. Sometimes though it's always good to chill out to some Sabbath riffage or some old school thrash like Bonded by Blood.
04.05.2009 - 11:48
ms68

Try this tracks and tell the result to me:
Burzum: Jesus Tod
Summonin: Long Lost to Where No Pathway Goes
----
The more you eat, the more you shit
No matter what you eat, it all turns to shit
04.05.2009 - 16:15
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Endoftherainbow on 04.05.2009 at 04:06

Something brutal as fuck like Decadent Orgy of Atrocious Suffering is usually good or something crazy like In a Flesh Aquarium. My favourite kind of music though to listen to while getting baked is brutal death metal. Sometimes though it's always good to chill out to some Sabbath riffage or some old school thrash like Bonded by Blood.

for some reason i've never tried br00otal stuff while high, i feel like i'm gonna get scared or something, hehe. and also because i just want to chill-out, i mean, that's why i smoke, so listening to heay stuff has never been one of my choices. but i guess it's worth a try
----
04.05.2009 - 16:33
Eldroth

Written by tulkas on 04.05.2009 at 16:15

for some reason i've never tried br00otal stuff while high, i feel like i'm gonna get scared or something, hehe. and also because i just want to chill-out, i mean, that's why i smoke, so listening to heay stuff has never been one of my choices. but i guess it's worth a try

Actually, you're right... Imho, I think that Pink Floyd are the best band to get high with - even withouth using dope... almost.
Alternative metal is also good for that aim. Some songs by Muse or The Butterfly Effect, for example, are perfect to get high.
07.05.2009 - 17:05
TheOwl

It depends on what brutal stuff you choose to play! I find great enjoyment to listen to black metal, recent 'trips': Dimmu Borgir, Darkthrone, Belphegor and few others.... Death metal hasn't worked for me in this field except for Ammon Amarth and perhaps a bit of Morbid Angel.
08.05.2009 - 01:59
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by tulkas on 04.05.2009 at 16:15

Written by Endoftherainbow on 04.05.2009 at 04:06

I've tried extreme music while high, I certainly got "scared" , Behemoth are probably the worst band to get high to!

But good suggestions though guys, keep 'em coming!
08.05.2009 - 21:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I love listening to Fu Manchu and Kyuss when I'm baked
Jam bands are also great to listen to while high...brutal and extreme music would just kill my buzz...too harsh...
14.05.2009 - 05:26
Galar
Wicked Mung
Dub-step is good baked.

Listen to Isis or Jesu. Those are 2 good bands to get high to.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
14.05.2009 - 06:06
Metal_Militia

Written by MassacreofWords on 03.05.2009 at 03:50

I tend to get lost in Opeth I'll get blazed and listen to Morningrise. It's pretty good stuff to just vibe to. I've never really liked to listen to reggae and stuff in that state of mind.

Hell Yeah dude!
Also, i like to listen to In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson, especially the song "Epitaph."
As far as metal goes, i have a lot of bands for the occasion but I like listening to Drudkh. The stuff like False down, The Glare of Autumn, Summoning the Rain... Good Stuff
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

15.05.2009 - 23:42
TheOwl

Check a good one! with THE MAN on vox!
17.05.2009 - 14:40
Throne Dweller

Anything Ayreon; or drone/funeral doom.
17.05.2009 - 15:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Anything by Electric Wizard. Or any kind of Stoner Doom. Sludge would also be awesome but I think it would be too agressive.

Funeralopolis... Damn, what a song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.05.2009 - 15:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
____________PRESENTING____________
THE BEST SONG TO GET HIGH TO(EVER)

BLACK SABBATH - PLANET CARAVAN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72-4idYFug
19.05.2009 - 15:44
baldur

I love to listen to kyuss while being high
19.05.2009 - 18:58
TheOwl

This is also one of the best tunes to get high with!! the tune is from 1977 folks!
19.05.2009 - 19:02
TheOwl

How I manage to forgot this band here?? THE 3RD AND THE MORTAL!! Ultimate spaced out trips! Get their first album "Tears laid in Earth" and then..... have a great trip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl00eJOfEUQ&feature=related

definitely check them out!!!!!!
19.05.2009 - 19:02
TheBigRossowski

Written by TheOwl on 19.05.2009 at 18:58

This is also one of the best tunes to get high with!! the tune is from 1977 folks!

Hawkwind?! Dude! You are officially the man! The Dude who does our schedules introduced me to them, groovy shit! I would say a lot of Doom bands. If I got high listening to AntaeuS, I'd probably have a panic attack or worse.

Who's your dealer? lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
19.05.2009 - 19:07
TheOwl

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 19:02

Written by TheOwl on 19.05.2009 at 18:58

Hawkwind?! Dude! You are officially the man! The Dude who does our schedules introduced me to them, groovy shit! I would say a lot of Doom bands. If I got high listening to AntaeuS, I'd probably have a panic attack or worse.

Who's your dealer? lol

lol yeah man Hawkwind for most of us who are above the age of 30+ is like an essential when it comes to high times
Try to catch them in a show! They are great on stage!!! Saw them three times in the past in venues full of "holy smoke"
20.05.2009 - 01:19
NecroBrittany
Account deleted
"One More Magic Potion" Ensiferum
20.05.2009 - 21:07
TheOwl

Empyrium is also a great band to trip with!!
21.10.2009 - 20:38
soadbyob
Account deleted
Peephole- SOAD
22.10.2009 - 08:52
Entropic Silence

Written by tulkas on 03.05.2009 at 03:20
For me, reggae, and specially Bob Marley is always a good choice, specially if one just wants to relax and chill out. I also like some rap or hip-hop,but most people just get annoyed.

Written by Ph0eNiX on 03.05.2009 at 04:26

Just put on Emoeror:IX Equilibrium and relax. That album totally comes alive for this kinda thing!

So two completely different ends of the spectrum there...

Put on Neurosis' Times of Grace at the same time as Tribes of Neurot's Grace. They are designed to sync up. Anyone in the room who isn't aware of this will have their minds blown into tiny pieces, then spontaneously reassembled before being stretched out into a two dimensional plane. Checkmate.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)