Metal Storm logo
Hellfest 2009 - Last News And Improvements

Here the Hell we are !

Two months before the beginning of the biggest Metal festival ever organized in France we can finally give you some fresh news:

DEICIDE cancelled and will be replaced by REPULSION, one of the fathers of Grind/Death Metal. It's great to have heard about them but nothing beats seeing them live and you'll have that opportunity at Hellfest this year.

Information about special new entertainment is available at the official Hellfest site (www.hellfest.fr). Just click on the "Electric Circus" animated window to have a look at the program and schedule. More information can be found here => http://www.hellfest.fr/web08/images/animations-anglais.pdf

Despite what was written in the official program, the three headliners will get the possibility to play a real full length set. Spread some words about it: Mötley Crüe, Marilyn Manson and Manowar will not be at Hellfest for nothing and will have the right to play as long as they want (1h, 1h30 or even more!).

The official programs (in French) are released. You'll find it in French musical shops, through our street teams and in the next French Rock Hard (May/June issue). A program will be send along with each purchase from the Hellfest Shop (www.hellfestshop.com).

Finally, we're proud to tell you that the party will be great, that the ticket-sales are really good and that the festival should be sold-out before the first band plays. Don't wait any longer: Buy your tickets now !

Hellfest Team

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2009
Posted: 05.05.2009 by Jeff

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 135 users
05.05.2009 - 13:49
Baz Anderson

That's great that the headliners will play more than one hour. One hour isn't enough for a band like Manowar!
05.05.2009 - 13:51
VPeter

It would be an improvement, if Manowar got cancelled.
05.05.2009 - 20:26
João Pirucas
Mr. Piruson
Manowar will play for 15 hours straight, and cover all languages (including the dead ones) of this planet.
05.05.2009 - 21:22
Slyfang

Written by João Pirucas on 05.05.2009 at 20:26

Manowar will play for 15 hours straight, and cover all languages (including the dead ones) of this planet.

And then hand out enchanted steel swords to everyone and lead a crusade against false metal.
05.05.2009 - 21:36
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Slyfang on 05.05.2009 at 21:22

And then hand out enchanted steel swords to everyone and lead a crusade against false metal.

However they will be fake, and Rhapsody will return with the revenge of the Emerald Sword, slaying them all.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
06.05.2009 - 02:56
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
A longer than 2 hour marilyn manson set? the prospect is absolutely horrifying.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.05.2009 - 04:46
Symmachus

Written by LeChron James on 06.05.2009 at 02:56

A longer than 2 hour marilyn manson set? the prospect is absolutely horrifying.

I'm sure it would be.

By the way, I'm completely indifferent to Deicide cancelling their appearance here. If I were going to Hellfest, I wouldn't care to see them.
06.05.2009 - 15:48
Glen_Doom

I'm going to Hellfest just to see Pentagram and St. Vitus. There rest except for a couple of bands can just cancel their set as far as I'm concerned
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
06.05.2009 - 16:03
Talvi

Aren't they false metal?
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
06.05.2009 - 17:30
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Written by Glen_Doom on 06.05.2009 at 15:48

I'm going to Hellfest just to see Pentagram and St. Vitus. There rest except for a couple of bands can just cancel their set as far as I'm concerned

If you're sure to come. Don't forget to click on the 100% "I will be there" button here http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/event.php?event_id=25270

That's good stats for me
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
06.05.2009 - 20:34
Slyfang

Written by Talvi on 06.05.2009 at 16:03

Aren't they false metal?

Oh come on, everybody knows that Manowar are the ultimate super manly gods of the truest heavy metal of the power of steel xD

Hits total: 4327 | This month: 4