Metal Storm logo
Tristania - New Album Delayed, European Tour Cancelled

The release of the new Tristania album 'Illumination', originally scheduled for September, has been postponed slightly due to technical reasons. The new release date will be announced soon. Also, samples from 'Illumination' will be published online in the near future.

The September tour has been cancelled due to outside issues. Vibeke (vocals) will be finishing her education as a teacher, in addition to which she will be working as a teacher while studying. Thus, this makes it difficult for her to do long tours at the moment. Finishing off her education is something she has postponed for a long time due to her duties with Tristania - and she feels it is finally time to do it.

'Illumination' was recorded at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany with producer Waldemar Sorychta (Lacuna Coil, Tiamat). Songtitles set to appear on the CD include "Sanguine Sky", "Open Ground", "Lotus", "Down" and "Mercyside".

The band had previously stated about the upcoming CD, "True to tradition, we have made an album with a definite and unmistakably Tristanian sound, but which also brings a lot of new and fresh material. The album is another evolutionary step and lets us explore new areas while staying true to our roots. On every track, the moods and elements are plentiful; ranging from doom to industrial, from soothing synthesizer passages to technical metal riffs, from dark ballads to classic goth rock - it's all there. We've used a string quartet on several tracks, which attributed yet another dimension to those songs."

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 14.07.2006 by SunCross

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 10 users
14.07.2006 - 21:46
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Fuck... :/
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
14.07.2006 - 22:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by VaronoZz on 14.07.2006 at 21:46

Fuck... :/

Well thay still dont palned come to Latvia and I dont care about canceled tours
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.07.2006 - 22:55
Revenant
Account deleted
They better eventualy come to the UK. Vibeke would be the hottest teacher ever, and I'd cosntantly be asking her to sing Tender Trip XD.
14.07.2006 - 23:13
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
im sad because i have to wait more for the new album release..
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
15.07.2006 - 02:33
Susan
Smeghead
Good for Vibeke, I bet that was a tough choice for her.

Sad about the album delay, but for Tristania it's worth the wait
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
15.07.2006 - 15:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I agree, good for Vibeke! I remeber reading in numerous interviews how she wishes to become a teacher and I really support her with her decision. If we have waited for 4 years since WoG till Ashes, we can wait a couple of months more.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.07.2006 - 13:31
Silhouette

She would make a really good teacher!
07.09.2006 - 21:39
Zendrian
Account deleted
I was hoping that Vibeke becomes a full time vocalist (not a teacher).
but if its her choise... the only thing we can do is to support it.

im sad for the new album, the tour can go to hell (they will never come to colombia )
30.09.2006 - 17:30
Rathma
Account deleted
The album is finished, I don't know why Vibeke has to be around to release it. I heard something about the promoters don't think it will be good business if she doesn't show up to any events like CD signings.

Hits total: 4708 | This month: 9