Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - Two New Videos Online

Original news, posted on 09.05.2009

"A Rite Of Passage", the new video from US metallers Dream Theater, has been made available online.

"A Rite Of Passage" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled Black Clouds & Silver Linings, which is scheduled for release on June 23 via Roadrunner Records.

UPDATE

"Wither", the new video from US metallers Dream Theater, has been made available online.

"Wither" comes off the band's latest album, Black Clouds & Silver Linings, which was released on June this year via Roadrunner Records.

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 18.11.2009 by Dane Train

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 145 users
09.05.2009 - 22:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Worth seeing.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
09.05.2009 - 22:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
....I dunno how I feel about this song. Hmm....it has both good and bad aspects to it. I could also definitly hear a more heavy metal influence, as in more dominant harmonies. If this ends up being the average sound on the album, however, I'm gonna be pissed.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
09.05.2009 - 23:37
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Like I commented in the Dream Theater thread, overall the video is good. The song still needs some listening before any real opinions from me. However, like I said, it seems too chorus heavy so hopefully this is their ballad for the album. I noticed some heavier, almost Thrash moments on the album, so I'm hoping those are much more frequent.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.05.2009 - 01:54
Tursti

This wasnt the worst possible yet it could have been a lot better. At least it sounds better than previous systematic chaos.
10.05.2009 - 03:37
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Clintagräm on 09.05.2009 at 23:37

Like I commented in the Dream Theater thread, overall the video is good. The song still needs some listening before any real opinions from me. However, like I said, it seems too chorus heavy so hopefully this is their ballad for the album. I noticed some heavier, almost Thrash moments on the album, so I'm hoping those are much more frequent.

Same here, although the song pleased my ear from the first listen. And like i said on the DT thread, the only thing that doesn't convince much about the video is the falling snow
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
10.05.2009 - 20:59
KopparBoll

Written by Tursti on 10.05.2009 at 01:54

This wasnt the worst possible yet it could have been a lot better. At least it sounds better than previous systematic chaos.

No it doesn't. Not even the slightest. Any song on systematic chaos > This embarrassing song
10.05.2009 - 21:39
Nicko's Nose

It's awesome.
11.05.2009 - 04:14
Symmachus

That's cool Dream Theater have a video released. I should check it out sometime.
05.06.2009 - 04:21
MightyFuckinThor

I really have to say that a good portion of the comments on here that I see, regarding Dream Theater's new work, really don't do it much justice, at all. ...Sure, I wouldn't mind hearing them return to more of a sound that is reminiscent of Images & Words or Awake, but I also understand that the animal, that is created by the band's collective personality, will venture wherever it pleases. With that understanding, and a healthy appetite for challenging music, I often find myself constantly impressed by the work of Dream Theater. Each current member, as well as each past member are blessed with such a profound talent and connection with music, that even though the music they create is so complex, it flows so naturally and effortlessly from them.
Now, I haven't seen the video, yet... but the only thing that I know I won't like is the inevitable cutting down of the song. I hate when they cut a song in half for a shorter video... That kills the song a little, for me.
...And I have heard the song, and in my opinion, it's definitely a kickass song. I'm actually surprised that after hearing it just the first time, I fell in love with it, because it took me a while to get into Systematic Chaos, which I am very fond of, now. What really got me was the heavy interlude in The Ministry of Lost Souls... That insane fucking guitar solo... Basically, I listened to it patiently, until I learned to respect the discipline involved in making that kind of music.
So, I guess...Shortly, I'd say that maybe you should try to weigh out the amount of skill needed to create such a work of art... and perhaps try to play it, before blindly judging it, and casting it aside, just because you may not like what you hear the first time around.
12.01.2010 - 21:42
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Just watched the "Wither" and I actually really liked it. It's definitely the best video I've seen from Dream Theater and a lot better than the usual cheesy story-line videos or just the band playing. Very good!
----
The force will be with you, always.

Hits total: 4705 | This month: 4