Metal Storm logo
Obituary - Album E-Card And Song Online

Original news, posted on 10.05.2009

An e-card for "Darkest Day", the forthcoming album from US metallers Obituary, can be found at this location.

"Darkest Day" is scheduled for release on June 30 via Candlelight Records. The cover art was done by Andreas Marschall, who created the art for "The End Complete", "Frozen In Time", and the band's lastest album, "Xecutioner's Return".

"Darkest Day" [cover art] tracklisting:

01. List Of Dead
02. Blood To Give
03. Lost
04. Outside My Head
05. Payback
06. Your Darkest Day
07. This Life
08. See Me Now
09. Fields Of Pain
10. Violent Dreams
11. Truth Be Told
12. Forces Realign
13. Left To Die

UPDATE (thanks to Deadmeat)

Obituary have posted a new song online called "List Of Dead". Check it out here. The song comes from the band's upcoming album "Darkest Day", which will be released on June 30 via Candlelight Records.

Source: candlelightrecords.co.uk
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 04.06.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 81 users
10.05.2009 - 13:58
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
The first song looks nice but the other two not so...

let's see...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
10.05.2009 - 15:23
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Yeah, now I have a bad feeling about this album...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
10.05.2009 - 16:53
Morcant
Wulfgar
This will be a great album!! love the beginning of the first song and the massive drumwork on the second track m/
----
"No guts no glory"
- Bolt Thrower
10.05.2009 - 17:31
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
As always a very awesome cover art

The songs reminded me a lot of Biohazard (without the rap vocals of course), especially ''Blood to give'', that also has a cool tribal percussion.
Good stuff.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
11.05.2009 - 01:58
Richard

I suppose Obituary are unlikely to ever sound quite as disgustingly necrotic as they did on the first 3 albums again. But the clips here are still pretty good, particularly Payback. I hope the new album has some really slow stuff on there too.
----
13.05.2009 - 15:05
Necromutant

After listening these cilps I guess that the entire album will be average at least or a rather good at most but it's hard to say anything certain before the album is out. I don't think that it will be a masterpiece but I believe that I won't need to be disappointed.
14.05.2009 - 19:04
lordz
IzZo
I love all three tracks... is it me or does John Tardy sound different?
04.06.2009 - 11:16
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Now that i hear the whole song I love it more!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!

Hits total: 3943 | This month: 3