Metal Storm logo
Suffocation - Two New Songs Online

Original news, posted on 16.05.2009

US metallers Suffocation have posted online a new song, "Cataclysmic Purification", on their MySpace page.

"Cataclysmic Purification" comes off the band's forthcoming album, entitled "Blood Oath", which is scheduled for release on July 3 in Europe (on July 14 in North America) via Nuclear Blast Records.

More details about "Blood Oath" were previously reported at this location.

UPDATE

Suffocation have made the title track to their new album "Blood Oath" available for listening exclusively on the bands Twitter page.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Suffocation
Posted: 20.06.2009 by Deadmeat

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 35 users
16.05.2009 - 05:46
sq_xeper

Mmhh....when I first read the news the first thing I thought was: "Finally!!!! I cant wait to listen to it, Im sure its gonna blast our fucking ears" but now that I've listened to it Im quite dissapointed, if they have released this song 20 years ago, before the Human Waste EP it would have been a real masterpiece but nowadays there are a lot of great and quality brutal death metal bands that can do better than this. The song has nothing new, no innovation, Mike Smith's drumming are boring, there's no brutality on it and no feeling, it definetely sounds like a tune from a demo tape, lets hope its just that and that the new album would sound better...
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
16.05.2009 - 08:48
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by sq_xeper on 16.05.2009 at 05:46

Mmhh....when I first read the news the first thing I thought was: "Finally!!!! I cant wait to listen to it, Im sure its gonna blast our fucking ears" but now that I've listened to it Im quite dissapointed, if they have released this song 20 years ago, before the Human Waste EP it would have been a real masterpiece but nowadays there are a lot of great and quality brutal death metal bands that can do better than this. The song has nothing new, no innovation, Mike Smith's drumming are boring, there's no brutality on it and no feeling, it definetely sounds like a tune from a demo tape, lets hope its just that and that the new album would sound better...

The main problem of the song is IMO that it is more catchy and slow than it should be....
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.05.2009 - 16:31
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Well they certainly didn't pull of a "Thrones of Blood" with this song. I wouldn't be as harsh as sq_xeper is though. Despite its slow pace it still has some tasteful passages in it and as i thought with Suffo from the very beginning, i find them to be more innovative than your average straight brutal death band. I don't think this will achieve heights of Effigy and Pierced or even their self-titled for that matter, but i'm taking a guess that this is one of their slower songs of the album and that we have much more to hear.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
16.05.2009 - 18:23
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Visioneerie on 16.05.2009 at 16:31

this is one of their slower songs of the album and that we have much more to hear.

i agree 100% with that.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.05.2009 - 20:50
sq_xeper

Well they certainly didn't pull of a "Thrones of Blood" with this song. I wouldn't be as harsh as sq_xeper is though. Despite its slow pace it still has some tasteful passages in it and as i thought with Suffo from the very beginning, i find them to be more innovative than your average straight brutal death band. I don't think this will achieve heights of Effigy and Pierced or even their self-titled for that matter, but i'm taking a guess that this is one of their slower songs of the album and that we have much more to hear.

Sorry but have you listened to the other new song? the one that they've been playing live in a few concerts: Mental Hemorrhage, its not so brutal either. Maybe in this record they'll try to prove us that without extreme blast beasts, brutal and fast songs you can still make a killer tune with good riffs and breakdowns, I dont know. Dont get me wrong, I love Suffocation but that was my first impression on the song, maybe my expectations are too high on this one 'cause I was waiting for a new song for a long time, and now I'll just have to wait to listen to the entire album to make a real statement
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
17.05.2009 - 17:27
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Written by sq_xeper on 16.05.2009 at 20:50

Sorry but have you listened to the other new song? the one that they've been playing live in a few concerts: Mental Hemorrhage, its not so brutal either. Maybe in this record they'll try to prove us that without extreme blast beasts, brutal and fast songs you can still make a killer tune with good riffs and breakdowns, I dont know. Dont get me wrong, I love Suffocation but that was my first impression on the song, maybe my expectations are too high on this one 'cause I was waiting for a new song for a long time, and now I'll just have to wait to listen to the entire album to make a real statement

I haven't heard the other new song and probably won't until i get the album near its release date. I'll most likely see them live on the Summer Slaughter tour after that. Don't get me wrong, i agree with you on most points concerning their new song, it isn't up to par with what they've previously done and there might come a time for most bands where we just have to accept a closer to average album by them because they probably can't forever maintain that same level of inspiration throughout their whole career. I was a bit doubtful when they signed with Nuclear Blast as well, anyways, can't bring any further judgment until the album is released.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln

Hits total: 2152 | This month: 2