Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - New Album Details Revealed

Original news, posted on 19.05.2009

Polish blackened death metal band Behemoth has announced a new artwork and release date for an upcoming album ''Evangelion''. The new album is scheduled for relase on August 7 via Nuclear Blast in Europe and August 11 via Metal Blade in US. Album artwork can be viewed here: http://www.behemoth.pl/en/index.php?type=hi.

Commented Nergal:

"Evangelion combines a pure art form with a direct message. It was also important for us to ensure that the graphical presentation did justice to the record. Again, we have worked with Tomasz Danilowicz who has created his best illustration yet for Behemoth. The picture is of The Great Harlot of Babylon riding the seven-headed beast. Saints bow before her in worship whilst the tablets of the Ten Commandments lie broken at her feet. It represents our vision and the interpretation of the New Testament parable where the "Whore of Babylon" is a symbol of rebellion and resistance against God. I am fascinated by stories whose source lies in the Bible and we have used biblical symbolism, coupled with my own experience and outlook, in our lyrics or on the covers of previous Behemoth records. I love to juggle with meanings and play around with symbolism which is exactly what I have done in this case. The main character of our new cover is an archetype of disobedience, individualism, self-determination and a free, unfettered will - these are universal keywords which are typical and crucial in understanding the character of our works, life as a whole and the true nature of man."

UPDATE (Source: blabbermouth)

Behemoth will release their ninth full-length studio album, "Evangelion", on August 7 in Europe via Nuclear Blast Records and August 11 in North America through Metal Blade. The CD was mixed at Miloco Studios in London, England by Colin Richardson, who has previously worked with Machine Head, Slipknot, Napalm Death and Bullet For My Valentine among many others.

"Evangelion" tracklisting:

01. Daimonos
02. Shemaforash
03. Ov Fire And The Void
04. Transmigrating Beyond Realms Ov Amenti
05. He Who Breeds Pestilence
06. The Seed Ov I
07. Alas, Lord Is Upon Me
08. Defiling Morality Ov Black God
09. Lucifer

The digipack edition will include a bonus DVD with behind-the-scenes footage and expanded artwork.

Source: behemoth.pl
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 27.05.2009 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 43   Visited by: 298 users
19.05.2009 - 08:59
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
The artwork seems really cool
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
19.05.2009 - 09:13
kaylamacgavin
I expected alot better for the album cover.
19.05.2009 - 09:35
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Very nice, again with the oriental themes.

7th August :/ that's a lot of time...
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
19.05.2009 - 10:00
kea
Demigod still has the best cover and inlay booklet IMHO.
19.05.2009 - 10:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I didn't like this artork... to be honest it is one of the worst DM artworks i've ever seen... at least they are going to release the album 2 months earlier and this is something really nice!!!!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.05.2009 - 11:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I actually really like this artwork. It's a nice change from the usual over-produced covers that Behemoth have. Plus it looks like a good Doom Metal album cover, to me at least. Perhaps the album cover reflects a musical change too? We'll see.
----
The force will be with you, always.
19.05.2009 - 12:39
Tod_Engel
The cover art looks nice. Hopefully new songs will be even better..
19.05.2009 - 15:10
-Soulreaper-
I really like the album cover too. Its a break from the norm and leaves you pondering as to what it could mean.
19.05.2009 - 15:47
Judas
The Amputator
Really nice artwork, here's to hoping that the music matches it!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
19.05.2009 - 17:54
TheBigRossowski
Who doesn't like the artwork?! Well... besides Deadmeat...guy...

Nergal always has his ideas sorted out, great Dude!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
19.05.2009 - 18:19
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Didn't quite like the cover art neither. It's to simple for Behemoth. Well, hope the music is good as always though!
19.05.2009 - 20:04
Derwood
This is the album I'm most looking forward to this year. I like the artwork; the medieval woodcut feel really suits the visual theme. The Whore of Babylon exploits some potent symbolism from the Christian mythos. Many Evangelical churches (as well as several of the reformers) equate her with the Catholic Church while the Catholics connect her to civil powers. Nergal's lyrics are always among the most thought provoking in extreme metal and I'm sure will do this theme justice.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
19.05.2009 - 20:18
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 17:54

this artwork is far away from the DM style and especialy for behemoth who play DM in the fast and brutal way. even the colors of it make me imagine everything except DM... if it was another band, another styloe etc i may have said that it is nice3. but for behemoth yeah it has no point imo...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
19.05.2009 - 20:32
TheBigRossowski
Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 20:18

this artwork is far away from the DM style and especialy for behemoth who play DM in the fast and brutal way. even the colors of it make me imagine everything except DM... if it was another band, another styloe etc i may have said that it is nice3. but for behemoth yeah it has no point imo...

Maybe you should re-evaluate the lyrical concepts that Nergal is aiming for. This isn't Hammer Smashed Face for Christ's sake. Death metal bands don't have to necessarily stick to the same topics. Behemoth has almost always remained on the same theme.
----
19.05.2009 - 20:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 20:32

Maybe you should re-evaluate the lyrical concepts that Nergal is aiming for. This isn't Hammer Smashed Face for Christ's sake. Death metal bands don't have to necessarily stick to the same topics. Behemoth has almost always remained on the same theme.

yeah but they had covers with black, grey etc colours and not white and orange. this is my main problem...
----
19.05.2009 - 22:17
Plaguebearer
Written by kaylamacgavin on 19.05.2009 at 09:13

I expected alot better for the album cover.

same here
19.05.2009 - 22:25
What? THAT'S cool artwork? Demigod and The Apostasy had way better artwork - not that really matters, as long as the music is good, of course.
19.05.2009 - 23:40
matos
Not the best artwork, but it's not that bad. I'm sure Nergal knows what he's doing. Besides that; cover tell nothing about the album, remember the great covers of Cryptopsy last album, or Satyricon's Age of Nero - great covers (imo), certainly not good albums
----
20.05.2009 - 00:35
NaittsirK
Aaaaa!
They are back to the New Aeonic philosophy of Thelema !
Masterful...
93 to all who knowest the word!
----
Between two worlds I am quested not to be...
20.05.2009 - 01:17
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
For a minute there, I was expecting giant fighting robots. That would have made a much better album cover.
20.05.2009 - 02:21
TormentoR.
I saw the pic in a small box and until is zoomed the pic i thought they went back to pagan and more black metal stuff.. but no,, seems they ll continiue with the newer stuff, just the artwork is a bit unusual..but still cool
----

Evil undisguised
Breathe in pain
Blackened souls remain
20.05.2009 - 06:14
Symmachus
Meh, I don't like the album cover either.
20.05.2009 - 10:38
Kurimus
Account deleted
I like it. Nothing to add.
20.05.2009 - 18:28
Deimos

f*** yeeeaaaah..............
20.05.2009 - 19:40
TheBigRossowski
Written by Deadmeat on 19.05.2009 at 20:43

Written by TheBigRossowski on 19.05.2009 at 20:32

yeah but they had covers with black, grey etc colours and not white and orange. this is my main problem...

Just the logo is orange... but maybe red would have been a TAD bit more suiting.

93 to the 'N' Dude!
----
21.05.2009 - 03:22
GutturalNinja
I really like the new artwork, it has a different feel to it. The only disappointing thing is that the logo's color is random. It should have been white, black or grey so it goes with the old aspect of the cover.
22.05.2009 - 01:23
Gigginova
Account deleted
So the artwork is just black and white? errrm, i don't really like it.
25.05.2009 - 10:12
Ladushky
Artwork was cute! so where can i get "evangelion"?
25.05.2009 - 15:44
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Ladushky on 25.05.2009 at 10:12

Artwork was cute! so where can i get "evangelion"?

No-where!!!! it will be released in about 3 months from now...
----
27.05.2009 - 12:51
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
This better be a good birfday present or ima light shit ablaze.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 5987 | This month: 10