Metal Storm logo
Swallow The Sun - New Drummer Found

Swallow the Sun's new drummer was announced today on the band's website:

"Kai Hahto to play with Swallow the Sun

We are glad to announce that Kai Hahto (Wintersun, ex-Rotten Sound) will be playing drums on our forthcoming album and live shows next summer.

We have known Kai for years, and we have worked with him earlier when he played with us on our North American tour back in 2007. Knowing what he's capable of behind the drum set we are really excited about working with him again. We are confident that he can deliver drum parts that will not only perfectly fit the trademark Swallow the Sun -sound, but take it even further. We'll start rehearsing with him at the end of this month, and we'll keep you posted on how the album is coming up!"

Source: metalfromfinland.com
Band profile: Swallow The Sun
Posted: 19.05.2009 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 87 users
19.05.2009 - 09:15
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Mmm iffy call. you know, Wintersun is workin crazy hard on the new album, must be TOTALLY time consuming and whatnot. i simply dont know if hes gonna have enough time to dedicate to swallow the sun. i honestly dont.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.05.2009 - 13:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeChron James on 19.05.2009 at 09:15

Mmm iffy call. you know, Wintersun is workin crazy hard on the new album, must be TOTALLY time consuming and whatnot. i simply dont know if hes gonna have enough time to dedicate to swallow the sun. i honestly dont.

I think he realised Wintersun will never ever release a new album. And imo this is a smart move on his part. As you all know I don't like Swallow The Sun but they are still superior to Wintersun for me.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.05.2009 - 15:38
MeloDeathViking

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.05.2009 at 13:45

Written by LeChron James on 19.05.2009 at 09:15

I think he realised Wintersun will never ever release a new album. And imo this is a smart move on his part. As you all know I don't like Swallow The Sun but they are still superior to Wintersun for me.

I think that the drums for the new Wintersun album have been done for a while now, so it shouldn't be an issue, I know how concerned you are with that Marcel, so don't you worry
----
"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." - Michael Scott
19.05.2009 - 18:57
Elio
Red Nightmare
The guy misses playing drums, I guess.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
20.05.2009 - 01:05
lemuria19

Swallow the Wintersun
20.05.2009 - 05:03
FOOCK Nam

Good news for me, Kai is quite know-how worker for Swallow The Sun work
20.05.2009 - 20:17
InnerSelf
proofread free
The man was in an extreme band so i think we can all kiss "swallow the sun's slow music" goodbye
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
21.05.2009 - 05:08
Symmachus

That was quick. I'm not so sure if the style will change though because of a one member difference.
21.05.2009 - 14:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by InnerSelf on 20.05.2009 at 20:17

The man was in an extreme band so i think we can all kiss "swallow the sun's slow music" goodbye

Wintersun extreme?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2009 - 14:49
Glabrezu

Written by Symmachus on 21.05.2009 at 05:08

That was quick. I'm not so sure if the style will change though because of a one member difference.

I totally agree with you.
----
Exploring life
Without fear without feeling
I am one with my torment
And forever blind
22.05.2009 - 01:23
Gigginova
Account deleted
Wow that was fast.
25.05.2009 - 14:58
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.05.2009 at 14:33

Written by InnerSelf on 20.05.2009 at 20:17

Wintersun extreme?

Aren't they
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.

Hits total: 3139 | This month: 3