Metal Storm logo
Download Festival - Camping Sells Out & Update

Festival organisers for the Download Festival at Donington Park have today announced that all camping tickets have now officially SOLD OUT.

This includes all RIP Park Farm packages, including Tipis and Shacks. In addition, all combined coach travel & camping tickets have also now completely sold out. There are still a LIMITED number of the RIP "Platinum" hotel packages available.

Organisers are now urging anyone planning to attend this year's Download who haven't yet picked up their tickets to do so NOW - arena tickets for the full weekend and day tickets are still on sale but are likely to all be snapped up soon. For all tickets and packages please visit http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/tickets.

--

For the first time in Download history, this year's festival will be extended to four stages, with over 100 bands playing across the weekend of 12-14 JUNE.

Courtesy of Red Bull Bedroom Jam, the new stage will host performances from the previously announced We Are The Ocean,White Man Kamikaze And Auger Bane, plus My Passion, Dissolved In, This City, Twin Atlantic, Linchpin, Fall From Grace, Don Broco, None The Less, Exit Avenue, Young Guns and First Strike.

--

In addition to these exciting new acts, For the first time ever an unknown band will get to play the main stage in a live broadcast from their Bedroom. This world first will see the virtual gig beamed to thousands of rockers ahead of the performance from Marilyn Manson on the Saturday.

Here's how...

• Upload your video to http://www.redbullbedroomjam.com . Don't worry about the quality, a mobile phone video of you playing in your bedroom will do?it's the talent that counts (a good tip would be to check out Don Broco's video on the homepage!)
  • Get your fans to log on and watch and rate your video?
  • The most popular artists get seIected for a live-streamed performance?on broadcast day, the Red Bull Bedroom Jam crew collect the musicians and seIected mates and fans, and the winners rock out in front of the camera!

For this one off special, videos will have to be uploaded by Friday 5 June. The winners will then be informed on Monday 8 June.

Event: Download Festival 2009
  • Posted: 20.05.2009 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 19   Visited by: 87 users
    20.05.2009 - 22:56
    Idioglossia

FUCK download
    20.05.2009 - 23:08
    necrovamp

Written by Idioglossia on 20.05.2009 at 22:56

FUCK download

'nuff said!
    ----
    'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
    21.05.2009 - 00:03
    Valentin B
    Iconoclast
    this is a REAL sellout, Metallica don't have nothing on Download Fest 2009 lol
    21.05.2009 - 05:03
    Daggon
    Underpaid M.D.
    Wow, I really thought that Marilyn Manson was dead or something...
    ----
    "Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
    21.05.2009 - 13:02
    kaoskrew

Oh dear sob I'm not going.
    ----
    John
    Kaos Krew Promotions
    "Metal Music Facilitators"
    Sponsors of Black Winter Day http://www.blackwinterday.co.uk
    21.05.2009 - 16:40
    Baz Anderson

FUCK download

Well there's no need to be like that about it, people.
    You either want to go or you don't. Download is what it is, deal with it.

You know there's really no point in saying stupid things like "FUCK Download". If you don't want to go, don't go. They aren't "pretending" to be a metal festival, they are open that they have a variety of bands playing there.

Someone please tell me why all the bitterness towards this festival?
    21.05.2009 - 16:56
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by Baz Anderson on 21.05.2009 at 16:40

FUCK download

You know there's really no point in saying stupid things like "FUCK Download". If you don't want to go, don't go. They aren't "pretending" to be a metal festival, they are open that they have a variety of bands playing there.

No idea... I don't understand this hatred towards Download either. I can understand people being pissed off with Wacken, cause they said that this year's 20th Anniversary one would be special. But I sure as hell can't understand people being pissed off with Download, cause, like you said, they aren't a metal festival, that's like being pissed off at Pinkpop (longest running fest in the world/europe) and Lowlands for programming non-metal bands.
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.05.2009 - 19:18
    Idioglossia

FUCK download

Okay, so maybe not "fuck Download", but fuck the people who go to Download and assume they are suddenly lifelong metal heads. It comes across as a poser festival.
    21.05.2009 - 20:05
    gid

FUCK download

The thing is, they did market themselves as a metal festival. Much in the same way that Reading festival marketed itself as a rock festival, and then started becoming yet another alterna-pop festival, alienating and pissing off a load of rock fans.

Up until recently, there haven't been any large-scale metal festivals in Britain, so when what was a metal festival changes their lineup to more pop-rock oriented bands, it's going to annoy the metalheads. Opinions and arseholes and all that.
    21.05.2009 - 22:59
    King Bonzo

I can't really see who Download cater for now. I mean that line up really seems to be made up of bands who were waning in populairty in 1999. I guess the same people who buy kerrang will be off to download.
    21.05.2009 - 23:50
    WorpeX
    Made of Metal
    Yay for (mostly) American bands trying to be popular in other countries! I'm very sorry you have to deal with them Britain...
    22.05.2009 - 00:03
    Marcel Hubregtse
    Grumpy Old Fuck
    Written by WorpeX on 21.05.2009 at 23:50

Yay for (mostly) American bands trying to be popular in other countries! I'm very sorry you have to deal with them Britain...

Shitty American bands being popular in Britain has always been the case. Britain was the only part of europe where Motley Crue had any kind of following and the only place they didn't have to cancel shos in europe due to poor ticket sales. when thrash was huge in Europe they didn't catch on, and when they did they only caught on to generic third rate thrash bands.
    Maybe it has to do with the fact they'r an island?
    ----
    Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
    Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
    05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2009 - 07:04
    Symmachus

Downloading sucks.
    22.05.2009 - 08:29
    LeChron James
    Helvetesfossen
    Pendulum AND The Prodigy? i'd be down to see that.
    ----
    Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
    Stay Pure
    Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
    22.05.2009 - 11:59
    Valentin B
    Iconoclast
    Written by gid on 21.05.2009 at 20:05

Up until recently, there haven't been any large-scale metal festivals in Britain, so when what was a metal festival changes their lineup to more pop-rock oriented bands, it's going to annoy the metalheads. Opinions and arseholes and all that.

ahem... Monsters of Rock? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_rock#UK_Festivals if those weren't large scale... you might argue that they weren't metal(extreme metal at least)
    22.05.2009 - 19:00
    gid

Written by Valentin B on 22.05.2009 at 11:59

ahem... Monsters of Rock? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monsters_of_rock#UK_Festivals if those weren't large scale... you might argue that they weren't metal(extreme metal at least)

Yeah, and Monsters of Rock's successor was Download Festival. If you compare the lineups between the two festivals, you can see why those who used to attend Monsters of Rock might be less than happy with the Download lineups.

And by large-scale I meant something similar to Wacken, Graspop or Tuska.
    22.05.2009 - 19:03
    Valentin B
    Iconoclast
    Written by gid on 22.05.2009 at 19:00

Yeah, and Monsters of Rock's successor was Download Festival. If you compare the lineups between the two festivals, you can see why those who used to attend Monsters of Rock might be less than happy with the Download lineups.

And by large-scale I meant something similar to Wacken, Graspop or Hellfest.

well then i see your point, but you're wrong about large scale not comparing to Wacken or Graspop or something, because even though it didn't span across so many days, check this quote from Saxon's "And the Bands Played On", which is about the first monsters of rock fest: see the people, hear the power, there were 60.000 there.

yes, i do think Saxon's lyrics are a worthy source of information
    22.05.2009 - 19:09
    gid

Written by Valentin B on 22.05.2009 at 19:03

Written by gid on 22.05.2009 at 19:00

And by large-scale I meant something similar to Wacken, Graspop or Hellfest.

well then i see your point, but you're wrong about large scale not comparing to Wacken or Graspop or something, because even though it didn't span across so many days, check this quote from Saxon's "And the Bands Played On", which is about the first monsters of rock fest: see the people, hear the power, there were 60.000 there.

yes, i do think Saxon's lyrics are a worthy source of information

Fair enough, I'll concede that point to Saxon's trustworthy account
    23.05.2009 - 14:26
    Baz Anderson

Yeh, and Saxon played that song last year at the festival. Great stuff, I've never seen the crowd go so crazy for Saxon before - and I've seen them many times.

Hits total: 3108 | This month: 2