‹‹ Back to the Musicians corner Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]
Users visited: 91  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by on 15.07.2006 at 00:33
Talk about everything related to drums. Equipment, best drummers in the world, how long have you played, who are your main influences, and so on.

Page 7 of 7

Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

18.05.2013 at 10:21
Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.05.2013 at 00:01

No experience with the kit itself, but I find reviews on Musician's Friend usually hit the nail on the head in terms of accuracy, you should see if it's on there.

Thanks for the tip. Couldn't find a review on the Sonor Force 3005 there but bought it anyway. The price was really good and it was being sold locally, by someone I know, so went for it. Read some reviews that said they are all maple shells and have a really good sound (according to some). Hopefully I can make them sound okay and at least do them some justice with my fairly basic style of playing. Don't think I'm going to be too popular in my neighbourhood now but that's rock and roll.
----
Tonight, tonight, is it just a rhapsody, or am I right? Tonight, tonight, is it all a mystery? I just can't fight no more...
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

28.05.2013 at 15:21
Wanna get some new cymbals but not sure what to go for - any advice on what to get that sounds good for hard rock and metal greatly appreciated.
----
Tonight, tonight, is it just a rhapsody, or am I right? Tonight, tonight, is it all a mystery? I just can't fight no more...
Boxcar Willy
*sigh*

28.05.2013 at 23:32
Written by Ace Frawley on 28.05.2013 at 15:21

Wanna get some new cymbals but not sure what to go for - any advice on what to get that sounds good for hard rock and metal greatly appreciated.

16" crash for starters, it's a real sharp, hard rock style cymbal. Get a splash or two (12" or 14"). Rides are pretty varied, so just pick what you think sounds best, via videos or whatever.
----
forever bummed out
Timmeh
Music Listoner

30.05.2013 at 04:35
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2013 at 23:32

16" crash for starters, it's a real sharp, hard rock style cymbal. Get a splash or two (12" or 14"). Rides are pretty varied, so just pick what you think sounds best, via videos or whatever.

What about a china cymbal? I'd get one of them before a ride, they're really fun and offers a short sharp more explosive dynamic to your playing. Not to mention they're an absolute must for breakdowns (which can be silly but are really fun).
For a general order (imo):
-Hi-hat (obviously)
-Crash 16"
-China
-Ride
-Splash/Stax
-Secondary Crash (different size/tone)
From here on anything that you gain a fancy of when you listen to some of your favourite players (generally more exotic cymbals). Don't forget to mix it up with some extra toms

Before you know it you'll have a buffed out kit ready to destroy some ears!
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

23.06.2013 at 12:54
Written by Timmeh on 30.05.2013 at 04:35

Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2013 at 23:32

What about a china cymbal? I'd get one of them before a ride, they're really fun and offers a short sharp more explosive dynamic to your playing. Not to mention they're an absolute must for breakdowns (which can be silly but are really fun).
For a general order (imo):
-Hi-hat (obviously)
-Crash 16"
-China
-Ride
-Splash/Stax
-Secondary Crash (different size/tone)
From here on anything that you gain a fancy of when you listen to some of your favourite players (generally more exotic cymbals). Don't forget to mix it up with some extra toms

Before you know it you'll have a buffed out kit ready to destroy some ears!

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I like that last bit about having a buffed out kit ready to destry some ears. That's the rock and roll plan I have in mind!
----
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

29.06.2013 at 01:48
I'm thinking of getting an 18" Zildjian A fast crash and 14" Zildjian K light hi-hats - was wondering if anyone had any experience with these cymbals in a rock or metal situation?
----
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

13.07.2013 at 13:08
Decided to go for an 18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash. Read that it has dry, trashy overtones - whatever that means!?
----
Infernal Eternal

06.02.2014 at 20:22
Meinl cymbals is what I use since I started. I started playing the drums at age 16 (kind of late). They are perfect (personal opinion) for metal, especially If you play extreme stuff.
----
www.carnagedeathmetal.de - Awesome Fanzine
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

05.04.2014 at 01:51
Anyone got any advice on good mics for recording the bass drum? Don't want to spend a packet.
----

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7]

Login or register to post here.