Metal Storm logo
Drums

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 15.07.2006 - 00:33
Talk about everything related to drums. Equipment, best drummers in the world, how long have you played, who are your main influences, and so on.
18.05.2013 - 10:21
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Boxcar Willy on 15.05.2013 at 00:01

No experience with the kit itself, but I find reviews on Musician's Friend usually hit the nail on the head in terms of accuracy, you should see if it's on there.

Thanks for the tip. Couldn't find a review on the Sonor Force 3005 there but bought it anyway. The price was really good and it was being sold locally, by someone I know, so went for it. Read some reviews that said they are all maple shells and have a really good sound (according to some). Hopefully I can make them sound okay and at least do them some justice with my fairly basic style of playing. Don't think I'm going to be too popular in my neighbourhood now but that's rock and roll.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
28.05.2013 - 15:21
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Wanna get some new cymbals but not sure what to go for - any advice on what to get that sounds good for hard rock and metal greatly appreciated.
----
28.05.2013 - 23:32
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Ace Frawley on 28.05.2013 at 15:21

Wanna get some new cymbals but not sure what to go for - any advice on what to get that sounds good for hard rock and metal greatly appreciated.

16" crash for starters, it's a real sharp, hard rock style cymbal. Get a splash or two (12" or 14"). Rides are pretty varied, so just pick what you think sounds best, via videos or whatever.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
30.05.2013 - 04:35
Timmeh
Dudeman
Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2013 at 23:32

16" crash for starters, it's a real sharp, hard rock style cymbal. Get a splash or two (12" or 14"). Rides are pretty varied, so just pick what you think sounds best, via videos or whatever.

What about a china cymbal? I'd get one of them before a ride, they're really fun and offers a short sharp more explosive dynamic to your playing. Not to mention they're an absolute must for breakdowns (which can be silly but are really fun).
For a general order (imo):
-Hi-hat (obviously)
-Crash 16"
-China
-Ride
-Splash/Stax
-Secondary Crash (different size/tone)
From here on anything that you gain a fancy of when you listen to some of your favourite players (generally more exotic cymbals). Don't forget to mix it up with some extra toms

Before you know it you'll have a buffed out kit ready to destroy some ears!
23.06.2013 - 12:54
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Timmeh on 30.05.2013 at 04:35

Written by Boxcar Willy on 28.05.2013 at 23:32

What about a china cymbal? I'd get one of them before a ride, they're really fun and offers a short sharp more explosive dynamic to your playing. Not to mention they're an absolute must for breakdowns (which can be silly but are really fun).
For a general order (imo):
-Hi-hat (obviously)
-Crash 16"
-China
-Ride
-Splash/Stax
-Secondary Crash (different size/tone)
From here on anything that you gain a fancy of when you listen to some of your favourite players (generally more exotic cymbals). Don't forget to mix it up with some extra toms

Before you know it you'll have a buffed out kit ready to destroy some ears!

Cheers, thanks for the advice. I like that last bit about having a buffed out kit ready to destry some ears. That's the rock and roll plan I have in mind!
----
29.06.2013 - 01:48
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
I'm thinking of getting an 18" Zildjian A fast crash and 14" Zildjian K light hi-hats - was wondering if anyone had any experience with these cymbals in a rock or metal situation?
----
13.07.2013 - 13:08
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Decided to go for an 18" Zildjian K Custom Dark Crash. Read that it has dry, trashy overtones - whatever that means!?
----
06.02.2014 - 20:22
Meinl cymbals is what I use since I started. I started playing the drums at age 16 (kind of late). They are perfect (personal opinion) for metal, especially If you play extreme stuff.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
05.04.2014 - 01:51
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Anyone got any advice on good mics for recording the bass drum? Don't want to spend a packet.
----
06.12.2015 - 05:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Anyone know the best and cheapest way to expand a Roland TD4-K electronic drum kit beyond 9 pads? Any advice greatly appreciated.
----
31.05.2016 - 15:03
METAL / ROCK / HARDCORE DRUMMER AVAILABLE!

I'm currently available worldwide for any request of collaboration as a drummer!
Visit my digital presskit in the link below and don't esitate to contact me by mail for any questions!

Digital presskit: http://riccardogrechi.wix.com/officialpresskit

31.05.2016 - 15:05
METAL / ROCK / HARDCORE DRUMMER AVAILABLE!

I'm currently available worldwide for any request of collaboration as a drummer!
Visit my digital presskit in the link below and don't esitate to contact me by mail for any questions!

Digital presskit: http://riccardogrechi.wix.com/officialpresskit

15.08.2016 - 18:56
Metren
Dreadrealm
I don't know much about drumming, drummers or drums... but since I need drums for my one-man atmoblack project, I recently purchased Betamonkey's black and death metal loop collection titled double bass mania vol 3. So far, I like it. The loops are pretty great and there's enough variety. If anyone else uses the same company's loops, let me know, I would love to hear what others can do with the same material.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/