08. Paradox Of Pain
09. Inner Revolution
10. Truthless B.C.
11. Obliteration (Unlimited)

Thrash metal
Recorded: Tori Estúdios, Brazil 2008
Label: OSM Records
Total Running Time: 45:10

Brazilian thrash bands are cursed - seriously. As soon as metalheads talk about Brazilian thrash metal, everybody immediately thinks Sepultura as in some weird pavlovian reflex - it even happened in this review for god's sake. But let me tell you, although Brazilian thrash bands are perhaps dwarfed by the massive force that is - or at least once was - Sepultura, some of them are in no way inferior to the named founding father. One of them being Chaosfear.

Listen up; it's time to turn your heart to stone now. Forget about empathy or mercy, they only make you weak and soft. Forget about being the nice guy, let violence and rage take over. Now put on "Image Of Disorder" and slice that nice guy's throat from ear to ear while whistling along one of the many razor-sharp riffs. For all the surviving nice guys around who still don't get it, Chaosfear is violent to the core. Chaosfear play some kind of harsh thrash with a certain death metal feel, making it in fact pretty brutal at some points. People not used to this kind of violent thrashy music with barking vocals will most likely face a horrible nausea to the point where you're showering in your own tears praying to vomit it all out. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, maybe I'm not. Point is that Chaosfear are raising the whiplash risk alert to a higher level, code blood red.

Heavy and aggressive-based thrash is bound to become the clear hallmark of Chaosfear, and this sophomore album shows nothing different. This second onslaught is a re-vamped version of the debut "One Step Behind Anger". Though "Image Of Disorder" is a tad bit thicker, harsher and darker, definitely more polished and very possible even a bit more consistent than its predecessor. In any way, we're dealing with thrash with bullocks where there's enough room for homicidal violence and brutality. What you see from Chaosfear is what you get back with a blast. All in all I think the latter statement is a more than fair deal, which will convince most people to check out this tasty "Image Of Disorder".

Since I started this review with a reference to Sepultura, I bet people are waiting for some kind of comparison with Chaosfear. Come on man, Sepultura is one of the most influential thrash bands in Brazil, is what they'd say. So fucking what, is what I'd answer. What has become abundantly clear by now is that Brazil has much more good and vicious thrash bands to offer than only Sepultura. And that's the only Sepultura-related point I really wanted to make. Chaosfear is definitely ready to arise and conquer... and they'll do so with force if needed.

Written by Thryce | 22.05.2009

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 90 users
22.05.2009 - 18:27
quirin

As a matter of fact, those Myspace tracks are wild! And I love the soloist guitar already.
It sounds like a nice discovery, even though vocals are a bit cheap (I mean, "not absolutely mind-blowing").

...At least, this has got nothing to do with Sepultura - I just had to mention them, so the curse lives on...!
23.05.2009 - 02:50
Vermin

Well. The fact that this band is even listed as Thrash Metal, makes me gag..

Music is cool though.
23.05.2009 - 15:40
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
This Thrash is really good. The riffs and the solos kick ass. The vocals could have been better, but it's ok.

And there's not a single drop of sepultura here. At least imo.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.06.2009 - 00:13
Rating: 10
Eternal_Abyss

Chaosfear is one of the best bands in the metal scene here in Brazil.

Hits total: 4455 | This month: 19