Release date: April 2009

01. One Above All
02. Beneath The Endless Ocean
03. O' Hail Glorious Death
04. Discipline
05. The Awakening
06. Erosion
07. In Memorium

In Memorium is back! Rejoice! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Uhhh wait, come again? Who the hell are In Memorium? And shouldn't it be In Memoriam? The few Latin classes I took aeons ago tell me that, but they could very well be wrong… Ah well, nobody really cares what your band name is as long as it isn't "Enbilulugugal" or " ParacocciyouknowverywellwhatbandI'mtalkingabout", and it isn't, so it's no big deal, right?

What is a big deal is that this band has a new album out, the first since '03, and they decided to call it "Lost To Antiquity". And that ain't such a bad title for an album such as this, really. "Lost To Antiquity" consists of seven tracks, comprising slightly over forty minutes of music, or better said: forty minutes of Blackened Death metal. You know the deal, plenty of tremolos and mute styled riffs, aggressive vocals and rabid drum work. A tad predictable at times, but still enjoyable. Melodies are displayed in abundance, without the band drifting off into the dreaded no-mans land of 'gothenburg' (the genre, not the city). Fortunately there are still bands that know how to combine extreme music with a hint of melody without chopping off their own balls in the process. In Memorium are skilled musicians and know what they're doing, that's for sure.

However, having said all that, I should point out that there's plenty of better stuff readily available. That's the fate of the 'slightly above average', everyone seems to sort of like you but no one really remembers as soon as you leave the room. But hey, it was nice hanging out with you the other night, uhmmm, wait... what's your name again? Oh hey, so there's my copy of Satanica!

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 6
Production: 8

Written on 22.05.2009 by If you're interested in extreme, often emotional and underground music, check out my reviews. I retired from reviewing, but I really used to be into that stuff.

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 33 users
22.05.2009 - 22:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Whoa... these guys are nothing more than a local band for me. I thought they died lol. Moribund seems to be filled with average bands :/

Hits total: 4267 | This month: 7