Metal Storm logo
Best Death Metal Band

Poll

Which death metal band do you enjoy the most?

Death
Other
Nile
Cannibal Corpse
Morbid Angel
Obituary
Deicide
Autopsy
Dying Fetus

Total votes: 429
15.07.2006 - 03:18
spirit_inblack
harshhead
I just find it curious to know which death metal band everyone enjoys the most. For me it would have to be Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse or Nile.
15.07.2006 - 03:48
Stigmatized
This will soon find itself in the Metal Arena.

My vote goes to Nile. My favorite band, hopefully forever. Can't get enough of them. My second choice would be Morbid Angel.
15.07.2006 - 04:00
Mega-Slayer
Deicide,Morbid Angel,Death and Possessed are all the death metal bands i'm into and Pestilence if you consider them to be death.Possessed is the most enjoyable,"Seven Churches" is so raw and Evil,its full of great Vocals by Jeff and lightning fast solos and drum work.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
15.07.2006 - 04:39
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Yes, Nile is a very amazing band and i've narrowed it down to dying fetus or nile and i am probably going to say that Nile is the most enjoyable. Karl Sanders' vocals are amazing and "mummy-like." Dallas Toller-Wade too is an amazing vocalist and both of these guys are mind blowing guitarists. The whole Egyptian theme is cool too and I find that the lyrics are very good and they take a lot of research to write. Nile has had some utterly insane drummers as well. They had Tony Laureano, Derek Roddy for session drums on Black Seeds of Vengeance and now they have George Kollias. Truly one of the most creative and unique bands of our time.
15.07.2006 - 12:21
lordz
IzZo
Death for me .... they have the best Records in Death metal History IMO
15.07.2006 - 12:22
Throne of Rats
NILE!!!
----
Burning Crosses, Invoke the Powers, Rape the Crown, Hell Awaits!!
15.07.2006 - 14:49
Damnated
Churchburner
Morbid Angel for me, although I really like Nile a few years ago.But this should be in the Metal Arena.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
15.07.2006 - 15:52
Stigmatized
Written by spirit_inblack on 15.07.2006 at 04:39

Yes, Nile is a very amazing band and i've narrowed it down to dying fetus or nile and i am probably going to say that Nile is the most enjoyable. Karl Sanders' vocals are amazing and "mummy-like." Dallas Toller-Wade too is an amazing vocalist and both of these guys are mind blowing guitarists. The whole Egyptian theme is cool too and I find that the lyrics are very good and they take a lot of research to write. Nile has had some utterly insane drummers as well. They had Tony Laureano, Derek Roddy for session drums on Black Seeds of Vengeance and now they have George Kollias. Truly one of the most creative and unique bands of our time.

Nile seems to have a talent for finding mind-blowing drummers.
15.07.2006 - 17:52
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Nile and Morbid Angel are in a close race with Death and Other just behind them...
15.07.2006 - 18:27
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Nile
Morbid Angel
Obituary - Cannibal Corpse
Death - Autopsy - Deicide
Dying Fetus

In that order. I do not like the other option, so I will vote Nile, but I would state that Behemoth are probably my favorite Death Metal band. I just enjoy Nile more than any of those other bands. Morbid Angel is the only opposition, but I easily choose Nile over them. But I do enjoy all of the bands listed from time to time, except maybe Dying Fetus. Not a big fan.
----
The force will be with you, always.
15.07.2006 - 19:51
Mega-Slayer
I dont know its hard for me,until yesterday I had only heard one song off Pestilence's "Consuming Impulse" which was "Dehydrated",and after listening to the whole album i'm amazed.It is pure fucking brutality,every song is incredible,the vocals,guitars and drums.So if you want brutal death get "Consuming Impulse",you'll bang your head till you burst
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
15.07.2006 - 20:01
Endoftherainbow
Quo Vadis, Bloodbath, Cryptopsy, Dying Fetus, Behemoth, Morbid Angel, Hypocrisy, Carcass, Death, Atheist, Cynic, Dismember, Krisiun, Necrophagist, and Obituary are my favorite Death Metal bands. The one I like most out of all of them though is Quo Vadis because of the great technical riffs amazing vocals and the great drumming. Day Into Night, Forever, and Defiant Imaginations are all such great albums so my vote goes for other.
15.07.2006 - 23:21
Kurzag
Account deleted
Can´t say that i´m the biggest fan of Death Metal, I´m more into Black Metal when it comes to exreme metal. Behemoth is the band that I enjoys most. Most because for the talent they has as musicans and their lyrics.

Zyklon kicks ass too. fueld with power and brutality
15.07.2006 - 23:24
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
To me Death added so much more to Death Metal and are easily the band in which many death metal bands want to be. IMO I think Death is by far the best death metal band ever,followed by Morbid Angel
16.07.2006 - 10:08
Trifixion
Account deleted
Definetly Death. All these bands are great and I enjoy alot of them but I just don't even see them coming close to Death...it's all been said before, founders of DM etc etc. Not a single Death album is less than great. RIP Chuck!
22.07.2006 - 20:51
Hamird
Lieutenant
1- Six Feet Under
2- Death - Amon Amarth
3- Cannibal Corpse - Torture Killer
4- Nile
5- Krisiun - Deicide
25.07.2006 - 18:50
dark awakening
i like Death & Cannibal corpse
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
25.07.2006 - 19:06
Detric
King Of Twilight
I voted for Deicide, their first four albums are essentiel. You should have removed Dying Fetus and put Suffocation on the list instead, now thats death metal..
26.07.2006 - 00:07
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
I voted for Cannibal Corpse but i would choose others as well ! Already posted some of the other favorite death metal bands on the other thread. I might as well say it now :
Bolt Thrower, Benediction, Six Feet Under, Carcass, Deicide, Kataklysm, Obituary, Death ( some of them are on the list but i can't really decide on witch to choose !
Anyway, i choose Cannibal Corpse because of everithing they have. First albums are perfectly created, the newer are also good, not as good but i apreciate the efort and respect them. The last album is a very good album. A little dry, i mean, not as the others ( and by the way, The Wreched Spawn is shit and lifeless ), but intersting and good produced. More words will come some other day !
26.07.2006 - 01:24
Nightmare^
Death of course, such an excelent band, with the amazing Chuck Schuldiner as their leader....A band that has accompliced many things, masterpieces like Human, Symbolic, Sound of Perseverance, and being an influence to many other bands...
----
26.07.2006 - 18:19
X-FrEaK
i voted for Nie, is the band i know best from those, In Their Darkened Shrines is a great album!
----
26.07.2006 - 18:28
Sunioj
Morbid Angel is sucha great band. Trey the acidhead, no wonder he comes up with the craziest most tripped out solos. bands like morbid angel in the DM genre I noticed have a certain flow of energy from, like behemoth, nile, and death. I just dont find that in other bands in the poll, (maybe Im too picky)
27.07.2006 - 13:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It is that I hate the 'other' option, I wont take that. It makes every poll fucked up. You all know it, Behemoth. Since they are not on, my second favorite: NILE! HELL YEAH!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.07.2006 - 18:22
Troll Hammer
Account deleted
Hmm guys what about Vader(simply the best)?!?
28.07.2006 - 05:38
Pianoman
Account deleted
Death for me is the best in this genre with awesome albums like symbolic.
28.07.2006 - 05:41
Pianoman
Account deleted
Nile for me is good too but I like the way Death mixes progressive with death.
29.07.2006 - 05:16
Daru Jericho
Oh damn, this is hard as nails! Ok, on that list I'd have to go for Death. I can never get enough Death. I've been appreciating the drumming a lot more in recent times. The guitar melodies are so catchy it's rediculous. For example, instead of "growling" the vocals to 'Crystal Mountain' like I used to do, I now "sing" the guitar melody. I'm silly

But Nile would probably be 2nd chouce. Can't go wrong with those Egyptian ambiences and 3 growlers.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

29.07.2006 - 10:04
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Death... vocals,lyric,guitar work, everything..
01.08.2006 - 00:04
Thrash666
Written by Guest on 29.07.2006 at 10:04

Death... vocals,lyric,guitar work, everything..

Agree 100%!!!!!!!! Death created death metal and are the best death metal band.
Morbid Angel, Nile, and Deicide are fucking awesome but they arent Death
R.I.P. Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
06.08.2006 - 04:30
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
The best Death Metal band IMO is Cynic. Their album Focus is a real natural born killer.