Metal Storm logo
Decapitated

17.05.2006 - 12:14
SteTech

I recently aquired this Polish death metal band's newest album, Organic Hallucinosis, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of raw death metal, but this one is great. Might look into their other stuff as well
17.05.2006 - 13:05
Doh

Nihility and The Negation are very good albums , I haven´t yet heard Organic Hallucinosis , only some songs from it , but I didn´t like new vocals so much.
17.05.2006 - 15:23
Parkas
Account deleted
You can get used to the new vocal... it's not so bad, but Sauron was much better... Organic Hallicinosis is the best album imo
18.05.2006 - 17:36
__Az__

Ive only heard a singlee track from their new album, Organic Hallucinosis. 'Day 69', it was definately very technical... I thought it was pretty good, yeh... I enjoyed it...
18.05.2006 - 21:11
Cut-Throat

excellent band all albums are superb. they new vocalist is not as good as the orginal but he still is good
18.05.2006 - 21:22
Parkas
Account deleted
@Cut-Throat: Yeah I agree in 100%
20.05.2006 - 04:29
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
This is good band, and they have some pretty good albums, im not into them all that much, but i do listen to a few songs by them, my favorite song has to be either Spheres Of Madness, or The Fury.
20.05.2006 - 04:34
Hylia

I dont like their new album that much...Thats the only album I actually own though.I am a big Decapitated fan just not of their new album.I think thats Nihility is a very good album and im looking to buy it soon.
22.06.2006 - 02:15
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Amazing band, its just a pity that Sauron left....he was incredible.
22.06.2006 - 02:43
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Sauron was indeed better, but the new guy kicks ass live. His voice is much lower live than on cd.
22.06.2006 - 06:54
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 22.06.2006 at 02:43

Sauron was indeed better, but the new guy kicks ass live. His voice is much lower live than on cd.

I can't comment on this, as when I saw then they had some technical problems dealing with the vocals, but they kicked ass live nonetheless. I am a fan, by the way. Very talented for their age. Check out my review of their album 'The Negation.' Good stuff.

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=2753
----
The force will be with you, always.
22.06.2006 - 23:02
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk

I totally agree with that. When I saw then live, the new vocalist sang with a deeper voice and when I heard some of the new songs, I was a bit surprised. Decapitated is one of favorite death metal bands. I really The Negation and Winds of Creation. Nihility is pretty good too.
23.06.2006 - 01:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, he's got a pretty good stage presence as well. His hair hangs low and covers his face and goes around the microphone, which looks pretty cool, and he also bounces up and down when he performs. It's kinda funny, but he bounces with the beat so it works pretty well.
23.06.2006 - 01:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Clintagräm on 22.06.2006 at 06:54

I can't comment on this, as when I saw then they had some technical problems dealing with the vocals, but they kicked ass live nonetheless. I am a fan, by the way. Very talented for their age. Check out my review of their album 'The Negation.' Good stuff.

hmm, I thought it deserved better than a 7.8. I didn't really think it was that redundant, maybe with exception to 1 or 2 songs towards the end. It was still a pretty good review though.
23.06.2006 - 07:38
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Dangerboner on 23.06.2006 at 01:18

Written by Clintagräm on 22.06.2006 at 06:54

hmm, I thought it deserved better than a 7.8. I didn't really think it was that redundant, maybe with exception to 1 or 2 songs towards the end. It was still a pretty good review though.

Well, my impression was an 8, but Metalstorm uses division and it came out to 7.8. Anyway, I still really enjoy the album.
----
06.07.2006 - 07:36
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'll post after myself, oh well. Anyway, I am listening to songs off of their newest album and they are strangly refreshing. Still pretty good. Anyone have any input?
----
06.07.2006 - 08:45
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Nihility and Negation are their best works. Winds of Creation is decent and Organic Hallucinosis is an ok album but the middle 2 are their peak I think. Songs like Spheres of Madness and Three-Dimensional Defect just showcase the band's amazing talent.
06.07.2006 - 13:54
Highlander
Account deleted
I was disappointed when I seen them with Covan on vocals. I really don't think he'll ever make the sound Sauron had, and they wont pull off another Nihility.
09.07.2006 - 11:23
mvikred

@king antichrist : i dont know why u dint really enjoy organic hallucinosis much .. its a technically better album than their prev work ... though i like all their stuff .. i'd rate OH as one of their best albums. give it more time it will surely grow on u.
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
10.07.2006 - 23:26
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I like "Winds Of Creation", but their other albums are not really meanful for me... I close to like "Nihility" but somehow I can't stand the vocals...

It's weird but I had never got into any of the big Polish Death Metal bands... none of them.
11.07.2006 - 06:53
Despised Icon
Account deleted
Winds of creation is awesome.
11.07.2006 - 07:45
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yep. I didn't like the vocals on that album though. It almost sounded like Sauron was mumbling. Anyways, the first track on that album might be my second favorite Decapitated song, behind Three Dimensional Defect.
11.07.2006 - 12:29
Hybrid_Killer
Account deleted
Too be honest, for me their best album is either Nihility or the new one- Organic Hallucinosis, I never had a problem with Covan's vocals at all, I think they add a more aggressive element to the music.

I'm not even sure why...he just sounds more aggressive.

All the albums are brilliant music regardless.
11.07.2006 - 16:28
Aborted_Fetus
Account deleted
The new one sounds best of all, pretechnical polisg death metal_ORGANIC HALLUCINOSIS - Earache Records (2006)
11.07.2006 - 17:37
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Written by mvikred on 09.07.2006 at 11:23

@king antichrist : i dont know why u dint really enjoy organic hallucinosis much .. its a technically better album than their prev work ... though i like all their stuff .. i'd rate OH as one of their best albums. give it more time it will surely grow on u.

It's a GOOD album, but the vocals are shitty compared to earlier works.
13.07.2006 - 07:51
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Oh it's been a while since I listened to Decapitated, I only got to hear a sample from Organic Hallucinations and I didn't think it was bad, of their past albums my favorite remains The Negation, yes that's such a good album.. but I think I lent it to someone?
Anyway,
@Crimson Death: well you confused me a bit, saying their last album wasn't all that great, cause I usually agree with your posts, hence your music taste, I do hope it isn't bad if I ever buy it, and secondly what do you mean you liked the others better but the only one you have is the new? :S unless you downloaded of course but still I'm confused a teeny bit
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
03.08.2006 - 06:50
Wo0dy
Account deleted
Covan does a good job in some ways for vocaling, Sauron was good but Covan was a good replacement, i like alot of Vogg riffs, there great.. vitek is one hell of a drummer as well..
04.08.2006 - 01:08
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I've downloaded 'Winds Of Creation' and I like it very much. I will get some more of them.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.08.2006 - 01:28
Wo0dy
Account deleted

1996 Decapitated

Left to Right (i think its right): Vitek, Sauron, Martin, Vogg
04.08.2006 - 22:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Nice picture. Bands that make good music som early inspire me to keep going with my own (unfortunatly, still one mans) band.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama