Metal Storm logo
Decapitated

Original post

Posted by SteTech, 17.05.2006 - 12:14
I recently aquired this Polish death metal band's newest album, Organic Hallucinosis, and I love it. I'm not a big fan of raw death metal, but this one is great. Might look into their other stuff as well
04.08.2006 - 22:38
thanatos_7

I've heard they started their first demo when they were 15 years old, that is bloody amazing, they were my age when they started.
----
Long live the Death Metal!!!!!!
05.08.2006 - 02:40
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
I think that they are the best polish metal band after Behemoth and Vader. I really like "Winds Of Creation" and the amazing "Nihility". Their last album was OK but could release a better one. Still a great band.
05.08.2006 - 03:14
tattootildeath
Account deleted
i have seen decapitated with vader, and dew scented, and i was totally blown away........they are premier musicians
04.09.2006 - 08:18
Equation
Account deleted
Nihility is my favorite album, for its overall sound, then Organic Hallucinosis for it's technicality and change in direction. I love the new sound; I find it refreshing. For those who don't care for Covan's vocals on the recent release, I can't picture Sauron's vocals over their newer style. I think Covan's vocal style works better for this sound. If asked who I prefer, I love Sauron's deep, threatening vocals on Winds Of Creation and Nihility, but Covan's work best for the new album.
06.09.2006 - 11:24
BaN
Account deleted
Yes woody is correct. I kwno Vitek, Martin live in my block next staircase
today, they have trial, i going to see them
20.09.2006 - 12:15
kaitlyn
Account deleted
Geez, that pic of them in 1996! I knew they were young when they started- that just hits the point home!
Awesome band. Seriously have not got enough words to describe.... =]
Such technical brutality, such epicness, such intensity, haha, words fail me here!
Can't believe that they haven't got a colossal following here in the UK - the kids love necrophagist and the like, but old school brutal death metal doesn't seem to be appreciated by as many as it should be in my humble opinion.
13.11.2006 - 03:33
Stigmatized
After listening through their entire discography twice and some more in addition to that, I have to say that anything this band has ever done is killer.
16.11.2006 - 17:35
Sunioj

I have their entire discography, and they are really brutal, Organic Hallucinogenesis is a bit differrent, especially the vocals chord proggressions but still a great album. My favorite songs are "winds of creation", "eye of horus", "three demensional defect", "day 69" and "lying and weak".
16.11.2006 - 23:57
Gormur
Account deleted
I've always liked Decapitated and "nihility " and "Winds of creations" are one of my favourite TDM albums but when sauron left there was a really sudden change but it's cool although, but different!
17.11.2006 - 15:13
Southern Wind
Account deleted
They make some interesting Death Metal, basically "Winds Of Creation", but I can't really stand theit crystal clear production... doesn't go well together with Death Metal...
17.11.2006 - 16:03
Sunioj

I dont mind the clear production, I think it suits Decapitated, but I would agree with you if we were talking about organic hallucinogenesis. Also yes, There is nothing better than the old school muddiness to create a DM atmosphere like Deaths earlier stuff or bands like dismemer, entombed and unleashed...
17.11.2006 - 20:45
Cut-Throat

i enjoy the clear production on decapitated! with all the other bands like dismember and entombed for example using the thick fuzzy sound its good too see that the newer death metal bands are not just ripping them off in the production department!
18.11.2006 - 01:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
How the hell is clear production a problem in death metal? Clear production helps the music sound even more brutal by adding extra bass and it helps you appreciate the music better by actually being able to hear each individual instrument clearly. Now, overproduction is annoying as fuck, but Decapitated doesn't overproduce their albums.
18.11.2006 - 02:04
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 18.11.2006 at 01:34

How the hell is clear production a problem in death metal? Clear production helps the music sound even more brutal by adding extra bass and it helps you appreciate the music better by actually being able to hear each individual instrument clearly. Now, overproduction is annoying as fuck, but Decapitated doesn't overproduce their albums.

I personally think that The Nihility would sound miles better with a more underdeveloped production...
19.11.2006 - 04:32
Winter Death
Account deleted
I don't understand people's infatuation of shit-poor production either.
19.11.2006 - 15:13
Sunioj

I think thats mainly pertaining to people who appreciate atmosphere, and underproduction helps sometimes...
19.11.2006 - 16:08
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Really good band, managed to finish off their discography over the fast month which is tops (and expensive lol).

Winds Of Creation:
I'd probly go and say 'Winds Of Creation' would be my favourite, the riffage, the drumming, Sauron's deep growls, it all comes together so well and suits my style excellently on this album.

Nihility:
Now this could be because Ive over listened to Nihility - which i absolutly LOVED when i first got it but unfortunatly i play the album to often. Now when i put the album in I cant enjoy it as I did when i first got it becuase ive listened it too much, though its still a really good album i just cant listen to it as often as id like.

The Negation
My second favourite - Great solos and the drumming is excellent also.

Organic Hallucinosis
Mmm, theres something with Coven's vocals that just doesnt suit me. I dont know, just doesnt go down to well with me when i listen to that album... I dont mind it musically, i think the music is perhaps more technical than their previous releases, but the vocals bring this album down for me unfortunatly.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
19.11.2006 - 16:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by thanatos_7 on 04.08.2006 at 22:38

I've heard they started their first demo when they were 15 years old, that is bloody amazing, they were my age when they started.

Australian grunge (atm) band Silverchair had a #1 album in Australia at the age of 15 ... but wrong place to continue
----

Hellcunt Smurf
26.11.2006 - 13:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
Decapitated - New Video Interview Online:

Metalinjection.net recently hooked up with Decapitated frontman Covan on the band's current North American tour with Fear Factory, Suffocation and Hypocrisy for a video interview. Go to this location to check it out.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.11.2006 - 16:26
Sunioj

shit that link didnt work...
26.11.2006 - 22:19
Winter Death
Account deleted
I saw these guys last night. I am a little pissed because the venue relayed the wrong starting time of the show, so I ended up missing the first half of "Day 69." Besides that, they fucking put on a hell of a act. Covan has stage presence like a titan.
27.11.2006 - 02:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 26.11.2006 at 22:19

Covan has stage presence like a titan.

Yup, that's exactly what I've been telling people. I don't care that his voice isn't as good as Sauron's cuz Covan has awesome stage presence. I like how he bounces too lol.
27.11.2006 - 03:24
Stigmatized
Is the guy massive or .....?
27.11.2006 - 04:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
No, he just looks like a regular Polish dude (I'm assuming he's Polish). When he performs, his dark hair hangs over the front of his face so the only thing you can see is the protruding microphone. Also, the movements that he makes corresponds with the music that is being played. Plus, his voice is waaay lower live.
27.11.2006 - 08:09
Winter Death
Account deleted
For real. It's just the way he carries himself around onstage, the way he interacts with the audience, etc. Pyro, you on dead on when saying he sounds lower live. I don't mind his tone quality on the latest album, but his live performance is killer.
27.11.2006 - 13:52
Stigmatized
Damn. I want to see them live as it is, now it's even worse.
27.11.2006 - 14:31
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
yeah , Decapitated kills ..... new album is awesome

thanks my unknown friend who introduced me to this supurb band
27.11.2006 - 22:55
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'd love to comment on if Covan is awesome live or not but when I saw them you couldn't here his voice one bit. Though his towering presence was still felt.
----
The force will be with you, always.
28.11.2006 - 22:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
@C-Dub: That's probably the sound tech's fault. I've been to countless shows where I couldn't hear the vocals very well, but then I'll see the band again at a different venue and the vocals will sound great.
29.11.2006 - 07:50
Winter Death
Account deleted
Yeah, that is in no way the bands fault. People need to learn to mix sound.